Boston Is a Land Of Whimsy

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Boston Is a Land Of Whimsy

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:Image
The 11 stars represent the amount of Jager shots and the 18 stripes are for the legal age for banging.
You sure it's not the other way around? :shifty:
You are now an official honorary member of Jerry (Remy)'s Kids
Cool, I've always wanted to have a lawyer on retainer!
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Meet the asshole who shut down all of downtown yesterday with a fake bomb threat...on the anniversary of the bombing.

Meet him with your fists and 2 x 4's. :mad:

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/04/16/b ... -exposure/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Jihadist > performance artist. Eight days a week.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

I honestly can't believe the number of jackasses on the Internet today siding with the "performance artist" and equating this to the Lite Brite Overreaction of '07. He had his 'satire' device rigged with a miniature confetti cannon designed to go off and spray glitter at the bomb squad when they searched it, making it technically a real, honest-to-god explosive device. The difference between a benign 'ironic' explosive device and a terrorist IED is irrelevant when it's done by a douchenozzle dressed like a mentally ill person shouting "BOSTON STRONG!!!" as cop flamebait on the anniversary of the bombing, at ground zero of the bombing, in the same-dimension packaging as the bomb (rice cooker vs. pressure cooker, in same type of backpack). Nor does he get extra 'art' points for doing it at night when Copley Sq. was filled with workers preparing for the morning's memorial service, when that area is ALWAYS crawling with students and people going in and out of hotels 24/7, and when the business day was still disrupted by road closures from the authorities searching every Back Bay street for more 'irony' bombs.

That's yelling "FIRE!" in a crowded theater. The law's murky on what exactly they can charge him with. He's got a half-dozen public disturbance, etc. charges he's being held on. Even the mitigating circumstances are going to leave enough scraps to send him to some correctional facility. Which is why I hear this douchenozzle is already preparing his insanity defense. Comes from a rich 'burb (of course), and his parents are already ponying up for the expensive lawyer. Honestly, I thought the cops showed admirable restraint. They could've killed the bastard with a lethal-force overreaction but correctly hedged on "douchenozzle hipster". The bomb squad had to send in the sniffer robots and blow the thing up because that's S.O.P. for any unknown suspicious package, and they had to search the neighborhood for more backpacks. But they didn't bring in the FBI, didn't let the feds in to stroke their terr'st boner, and didn't charge him with anything that opens the door for a politically motivated over-prosecution. Which is exactly the way to put it to rest and put the focus tastefully back on the memorial service without this douche "winning the day" in the news with this stunt. It was overnight breaking news, then a local footnote during the tastefully-done and appropriately understated memorial. Until the national media picked it up and it started trending big today, with this attention whore's videos getting re-tweeted like I'm sure he hoped they would.

I hate the fascist police state as much as any other, but the de-evolutionary Clashys on Twitter and Reddit today wouldn't know real fascist overreach if it tazed them to death the way they're moralizing this. Sometimes I can't tell the difference between the mob and the pigs. #NotYourHipsterAssholeSidekick :shifty:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Rat Patrol wrote:I hate the fascist police state as much as any other, but the de-evolutionary Clashys on Twitter and Reddit today wouldn't know real fascist overreach if it tazed them to death the way they're moralizing this. Sometimes I can't tell the difference between the mob and the pigs. #NotYourHipsterAssholeSidekick :shifty:
That's pretty much what I was going to say—you don't have to be an apologist for the police state to realize that this guy is an idiot. It is very much a case of yelling fire in a theatre. Whatever fucking point this guy thought he was making, the way he went about it—scaring the fuck out of people—can only serve to validate, in many people's minds, harsh force as the norm.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Rat Patrol wrote:Meet the asshole who shut down all of downtown yesterday with a fake bomb threat...on the anniversary of the bombing.

Meet him with your fists and 2 x 4's. :mad:

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/04/16/b ... -exposure/
FUCKTARD!

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Doesn't count because 95% of Americans couldn't pronounce his name even if they'd be rewarded with a case of Bud Light, a Rascal, and some Jeff Dunham dvd's.

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Doesn't count because 95% of Americans couldn't pronounce his name even if they'd be rewarded with a case of Bud Light, a Rascal, and some Jeff Dunham dvd's.
Look...it took 20 years out in the wilderness to get the Irish back in the Mayor's office. Baby steps. . . :naughty:

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

You certainly didn't think I was gonna let you get away with this!

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2014/05/02/ ... w.facebook
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:You certainly didn't think I was gonna let you get away with this!

That can't be accurate. America is a post-racial society.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:You certainly didn't think I was gonna let you get away with this!

That can't be accurate. America is a post-racial society.
"Racism is over." Joe Everyracist
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Spiff
Mostly Nekkid

Post by Spiff »

Rat Patrol wrote:http://www.boston.com/news/local/massac ... story.html

The tyranny of the majority. :yuck:
Whatever happened to that legislation proposing to make "Roadrunner" the state song?
Let fury have the hour, anger can be power
D'you know that you can use it?

-- There's no fairytale ending with cocaine.

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Oh, Bruins fans! Stay forever classy.

This surprises me not one whit. I dealt with these fuckstains for years when my family shared Whalers season tix with our next-door neighbors. Several tour groups in Massholia used to run "booze bus" road trips to Hartford when the Bruins were in town where they'd get liquored up and violent on the Mass Pike for 90 minutes before disembarking and carving a path of destruction through downtown Hartford. Fights in the stands. Food chucked at small children. By the time the neighbor's kid and I were driving age and could go alone with our siblings without the dads present we got taunted with threats of anal rape by a couple liver-cirrhosis addled guys in Lyndon Byers jerseys sitting 8 rows safely behind us amongst 15,000 other witnesses. Which I'm sure was an eye-opener for the neighbors' youngest when we brought him along, since he was like 8 at the time.

After the Whalers left town and I was already living in Boston I'd go to see a game or two per year when the Hurricanes came to town, up until the last Whalers player left the roster. Not because of rooting interest, but because the (still-active) Whalers Fan Club would always do their own road trips to Boston, and they were fun to hang with. Especially all those years the Bruins sucked, the FleetCenter/TD Garden was a mausoleum, scalped nosebleeds were cheap, the old drunks from Revere Beach too fat for their tattered Terry O'Reilly jerseys starting to die off, and the townies depressed enough by cheapskate ownership that the Hartford fans could strut around with impunity and get a measure of satisfaction working up a good "Let's Go Whalers" chant to needle them.

I could hazily remember when Ray Neufeld played for the Whalers in the mid-80's (as I think the only other black guy in the league besides Grant Fuhr) hearing some ugly racist chants from the Boston fans. Different era, though, and much like Fuhr the guy was so light-skinned not a whole lot of people identified him as African-Canadian on first look. Then there were a couple of seasons about 10 years ago when Kevin Weekes (who I think is now a studio analyst for NHL TV) was Carolina's starting goalie. And he's pretty dark-skinned, visible enough to see it behind his mask. And despite (or because of) the half-empty Garden I could hear every individual racist chant. Vile, vile stuff. The old-time "Big Bad Bruins" fans leftover from the Bourque/Neely era are bar none the most racist Boston sports fans of them all. Monkey chants, "Have a fucking banana!", etc. etc. It was real jarring. Due to scarcity the NHL has long, long had a very bad problem with fan racism. Especially with the legacy franchises (not so much with the new ones, even in the South, because the fanbases are so much younger). And, yes, the Canadian teams are far and away the worst. But by this point there were enough black players of average-or-better stardom in the league, not to mention enough overturning of the fanbase in Boston (pretty much nothing left at that point except for the young crossover fans from college hockey) I was shocked this was still going on. I would say the Bruins had (and maybe still have) the most racist fans of all 4 local major league franchises. The Sox still have the worst historical reputation, but the end of the Yawkey ownership 12 years ago and the complete overturning of the fanbase pretty much put an end to it. I haven't been to a Bruins game in ages. I'm pretty sure it's not quite as bad since the league has a bumper crop of black players now, and black star players (plus Jarome Iginla's a Bruin now). Including a big increase in African-Americans to go with the African-Canadians, since U.S. college hockey (and especially the Hockey East schools in New England) started getting a lot of recruits. Oddly enough, a lot from the ranks of children of ex- NFL (and now NBA) stars who gravitated to hockey rather than following in daddy's footsteps (and youth hockey in the U.S. was smart to target them early and work over their famous dads to get 'em involved).

But, shit...widespread "banana" chants as late as 2006-07...in Taxachusetts? Jesus.

Also, don't get me started on Habs fans. French-Canadian conservatives have their own tortured history of race relations that's pretty fucking retrograde to this day. The Quebec Major Junior Hockey League is one of the roughest places to come up as a prospect for any player-of-color. Habs fans may not be the nearly the goons old-time Bruins fans are/were, but they spew a shocking share of racist garbage and seem even more unaware of themselves when they do it. Fuck do they (and their media market) still carry around some disgusting attitudes.