Currently watching.

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 16949
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: Currently watching.

Post by JennyB » 20 Sep 2018, 9:26am

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Sep 2018, 4:53pm
Decided to check out Norm Macdonald's Netflix show, catching the ones with David Spade and David Letterman. Ehh, it's okay, tho it really hit home how familiar and comfortable/comforting listening to David Letterman is. I watched him regularly in the 80s, but lost interest in the 90s—not in him, but the format, I suppose. But there's just something good hearing DL be mildly curmudgeonly. Mind you, it's still jarring seeing him as a really old man.

Each episode ends with a nostalgic nod to Canadian entertainment, with Norm and his sidekick doing the closing tune that Wayne and Shuster did at the end of their specials.
Did you watch the Letterman Netflix shows?
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 77325
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Currently watching.

Post by Dr. Medulla » 20 Sep 2018, 9:48am

JennyB wrote:
20 Sep 2018, 9:26am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Sep 2018, 4:53pm
Decided to check out Norm Macdonald's Netflix show, catching the ones with David Spade and David Letterman. Ehh, it's okay, tho it really hit home how familiar and comfortable/comforting listening to David Letterman is. I watched him regularly in the 80s, but lost interest in the 90s—not in him, but the format, I suppose. But there's just something good hearing DL be mildly curmudgeonly. Mind you, it's still jarring seeing him as a really old man.

Each episode ends with a nostalgic nod to Canadian entertainment, with Norm and his sidekick doing the closing tune that Wayne and Shuster did at the end of their specials.
Did you watch the Letterman Netflix shows?
No. Any good?
Endut! Hoch Hech!

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 16949
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: Currently watching.

Post by JennyB » 20 Sep 2018, 10:34am

Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Sep 2018, 9:48am
JennyB wrote:
20 Sep 2018, 9:26am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Sep 2018, 4:53pm
Decided to check out Norm Macdonald's Netflix show, catching the ones with David Spade and David Letterman. Ehh, it's okay, tho it really hit home how familiar and comfortable/comforting listening to David Letterman is. I watched him regularly in the 80s, but lost interest in the 90s—not in him, but the format, I suppose. But there's just something good hearing DL be mildly curmudgeonly. Mind you, it's still jarring seeing him as a really old man.

Each episode ends with a nostalgic nod to Canadian entertainment, with Norm and his sidekick doing the closing tune that Wayne and Shuster did at the end of their specials.
Did you watch the Letterman Netflix shows?
No. Any good?
Yes. But his beard is distracting.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 77325
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Currently watching.

Post by Dr. Medulla » 20 Sep 2018, 10:48am

JennyB wrote:
20 Sep 2018, 10:34am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Sep 2018, 9:48am
JennyB wrote:
20 Sep 2018, 9:26am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Sep 2018, 4:53pm
Decided to check out Norm Macdonald's Netflix show, catching the ones with David Spade and David Letterman. Ehh, it's okay, tho it really hit home how familiar and comfortable/comforting listening to David Letterman is. I watched him regularly in the 80s, but lost interest in the 90s—not in him, but the format, I suppose. But there's just something good hearing DL be mildly curmudgeonly. Mind you, it's still jarring seeing him as a really old man.

Each episode ends with a nostalgic nod to Canadian entertainment, with Norm and his sidekick doing the closing tune that Wayne and Shuster did at the end of their specials.
Did you watch the Letterman Netflix shows?
No. Any good?
Yes. But his beard is distracting.
I was just as struck by his thin white top, too. Sure, he's in his 70s, but, I dunno, it's like we didn't get an intermediate period. He was Dave and then he quit and emerged as a guy who'd been living in a cave. There's no transitional fossil to explain it all.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 16949
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: Currently watching.

Post by JennyB » 20 Sep 2018, 11:01am

Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Sep 2018, 10:48am
JennyB wrote:
20 Sep 2018, 10:34am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Sep 2018, 9:48am
JennyB wrote:
20 Sep 2018, 9:26am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Sep 2018, 4:53pm
Decided to check out Norm Macdonald's Netflix show, catching the ones with David Spade and David Letterman. Ehh, it's okay, tho it really hit home how familiar and comfortable/comforting listening to David Letterman is. I watched him regularly in the 80s, but lost interest in the 90s—not in him, but the format, I suppose. But there's just something good hearing DL be mildly curmudgeonly. Mind you, it's still jarring seeing him as a really old man.

Each episode ends with a nostalgic nod to Canadian entertainment, with Norm and his sidekick doing the closing tune that Wayne and Shuster did at the end of their specials.
Did you watch the Letterman Netflix shows?
No. Any good?
Yes. But his beard is distracting.
I was just as struck by his thin white top, too. Sure, he's in his 70s, but, I dunno, it's like we didn't get an intermediate period. He was Dave and then he quit and emerged as a guy who'd been living in a cave. There's no transitional fossil to explain it all.
Exactly.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 77325
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Currently watching.

Post by Dr. Medulla » 14 Oct 2018, 8:03am

This is a masterpiece of sitcom writing and performance.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 16507
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: Currently watching.

Post by 101Walterton » 14 Oct 2018, 2:11pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Oct 2018, 8:03am
This is a masterpiece of sitcom writing and performance.
Used to watch that as a kid, I still remember their radio jungle :mrgreen:

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 6931
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra
Contact:

Re: Currently watching.

Post by revbob » 20 Oct 2018, 9:27am

I just saw Netflix has canceled Luke Cage. I've enjoyed the hell out of that show. Fuck you Netflix.

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 8940
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: Currently watching.

Post by Kory » 22 Oct 2018, 2:57pm

revbob wrote:
20 Oct 2018, 9:27am
I just saw Netflix has canceled Luke Cage. I've enjoyed the hell out of that show. Fuck you Netflix.
Both Iron Fist and Cage now gone. Speculation is rampant that this has something to do with Disney's upcoming streaming service. I'd put money on DD and JJ getting axed shortly.
Inder:
Absolutely. Here's another collection of words:

Table salt (spoon hinge)
Octopus (Ukraine)
St. Petersburg (arms)
Ginger beer (cauliflower)
Pat Sajak (PSak)
Lamp post (self evident)
Florida Timeshare (ditto)
Heraclitus (EMI)
Developers (Developers Developers)
Boogie With Your Children

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 50567
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: Currently watching.

Post by Wolter » 22 Oct 2018, 3:19pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Oct 2018, 8:03am
This is a masterpiece of sitcom writing and performance.
The actor who played Less Nessman was literally my current age when the show was CANCELED.

If you had told me he was 20 years older than me when it started, I’d’ve believed you.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 77325
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Currently watching.

Post by Dr. Medulla » 22 Oct 2018, 3:23pm

Wolter wrote:
22 Oct 2018, 3:19pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Oct 2018, 8:03am
This is a masterpiece of sitcom writing and performance.
The actor who played Less Nessman was literally my current age when the show was CANCELED.

If you had told me he was 20 years older than me when it started, I’d’ve believed you.
Holy crap. I would have guessed his age during the show was mid-50s easy.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 50567
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: Currently watching.

Post by Wolter » 22 Oct 2018, 3:58pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Oct 2018, 3:23pm
Wolter wrote:
22 Oct 2018, 3:19pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Oct 2018, 8:03am
This is a masterpiece of sitcom writing and performance.
The actor who played Less Nessman was literally my current age when the show was CANCELED.

If you had told me he was 20 years older than me when it started, I’d’ve believed you.
Holy crap. I would have guessed his age during the show was mid-50s easy.
38 in 1978 when it started. 42 when it ended.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 6931
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra
Contact:

Re: Currently watching.

Post by revbob » 22 Oct 2018, 4:10pm

Wolter wrote:
22 Oct 2018, 3:58pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Oct 2018, 3:23pm
Wolter wrote:
22 Oct 2018, 3:19pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Oct 2018, 8:03am
This is a masterpiece of sitcom writing and performance.
The actor who played Less Nessman was literally my current age when the show was CANCELED.

If you had told me he was 20 years older than me when it started, I’d’ve believed you.
Holy crap. I would have guessed his age during the show was mid-50s easy.
38 in 1978 when it started. 42 when it ended.
Yeah that hardly seems possible, I know it's true but damn.

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 6931
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra
Contact:

Re: Currently watching.

Post by revbob » 22 Oct 2018, 4:15pm

Kory wrote:
22 Oct 2018, 2:57pm
revbob wrote:
20 Oct 2018, 9:27am
I just saw Netflix has canceled Luke Cage. I've enjoyed the hell out of that show. Fuck you Netflix.
Both Iron Fist and Cage now gone. Speculation is rampant that this has something to do with Disney's upcoming streaming service. I'd put money on DD and JJ getting axed shortly.
Yeah, I guess I don't quote understand it though because doesn't Netflix have the rights to still produce those shows?

I've enjoyed all of them but Iron Fist. I didn't like that character when he was in the Defenders so never bothered with IF.

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 8940
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: Currently watching.

Post by Kory » 22 Oct 2018, 4:35pm

revbob wrote:
22 Oct 2018, 4:15pm
Kory wrote:
22 Oct 2018, 2:57pm
revbob wrote:
20 Oct 2018, 9:27am
I just saw Netflix has canceled Luke Cage. I've enjoyed the hell out of that show. Fuck you Netflix.
Both Iron Fist and Cage now gone. Speculation is rampant that this has something to do with Disney's upcoming streaming service. I'd put money on DD and JJ getting axed shortly.
Yeah, I guess I don't quote understand it though because doesn't Netflix have the rights to still produce those shows?

I've enjoyed all of them but Iron Fist. I didn't like that character when he was in the Defenders so never bothered with IF.
The second season totally made up for the first and Defenders. I was looking forward to seeing where it was going to go next.
Inder:
Absolutely. Here's another collection of words:

Table salt (spoon hinge)
Octopus (Ukraine)
St. Petersburg (arms)
Ginger beer (cauliflower)
Pat Sajak (PSak)
Lamp post (self evident)
Florida Timeshare (ditto)
Heraclitus (EMI)
Developers (Developers Developers)
Boogie With Your Children

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests