Currently watching.

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 73623
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Currently watching.

Post by Dr. Medulla » 23 Aug 2017, 5:13pm

Image
It's horribly cheap videotape in terms of quality, but it's nevertheless a compelling summary of Kaufman's wrestling schtick (with some background of other examples of his performance). His entire career still seems beyond belief, the endless scams in contempt for the entertainment industry, yet he was so damned good at making it compelling and entertaining.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

I feel that, had he lived, John Lennon would have loved Donkey Kong.

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 5906
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra
Contact:

Re: Currently watching.

Post by revbob » 23 Aug 2017, 5:54pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Aug 2017, 5:13pm
Image
It's horribly cheap videotape in terms of quality, but it's nevertheless a compelling summary of Kaufman's wrestling schtick (with some background of other examples of his performance). His entire career still seems beyond belief, the endless scams in contempt for the entertainment industry, yet he was so damned good at making it compelling and entertaining.
Yeah he was great. I should look up some stuff on YouTube. Id kind of forgotten about him

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 73623
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Currently watching.

Post by Dr. Medulla » 23 Aug 2017, 6:21pm

revbob wrote:
23 Aug 2017, 5:54pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Aug 2017, 5:13pm
Image
It's horribly cheap videotape in terms of quality, but it's nevertheless a compelling summary of Kaufman's wrestling schtick (with some background of other examples of his performance). His entire career still seems beyond belief, the endless scams in contempt for the entertainment industry, yet he was so damned good at making it compelling and entertaining.
Yeah he was great. I should look up some stuff on YouTube. Id kind of forgotten about him
That documentary can be downloaded via archive.org, if you're interested. His wrestling career went on much longer than I believed, but he was great at being the villain.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

I feel that, had he lived, John Lennon would have loved Donkey Kong.

Silent Majority
User avatar
Singer-Songwriter Nancy
Posts: 13099
Joined: 10 Nov 2008, 8:28pm
Location: A republic of mind
Contact:

Re: Currently watching.

Post by Silent Majority » 31 Aug 2017, 8:12pm

Looked at the new Kathy Bates series, expecting watchable, if very middle class, quirk and found out quickly that it was a Chuck Lorre sitcom. Fucking hell, that man is behind the least funny television ever made. A humour wasteland.
You're frettin', you're sweatin'
But did you notice, not gettin' anywhere


http://macgowansongs.blogspot.co.uk
www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 73623
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Currently watching.

Post by Dr. Medulla » 31 Aug 2017, 8:58pm

Silent Majority wrote:
31 Aug 2017, 8:12pm
Looked at the new Kathy Bates series, expecting watchable, if very middle class, quirk and found out quickly that it was a Chuck Lorre sitcom. Fucking hell, that man is behind the least funny television ever made. A humour wasteland.
He produces faux populist television. Hey, audience, tired of feeling dumber than those smartypants writers with their clever scripts? Here's something that you know completely and fully from the first second. You could write this because you know the jokes ahead of time. Watch this and say fuck you to the elites!
Endut! Hoch Hech!

I feel that, had he lived, John Lennon would have loved Donkey Kong.

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 5906
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra
Contact:

Re: Currently watching.

Post by revbob » 31 Aug 2017, 9:10pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
31 Aug 2017, 8:58pm
Silent Majority wrote:
31 Aug 2017, 8:12pm
Looked at the new Kathy Bates series, expecting watchable, if very middle class, quirk and found out quickly that it was a Chuck Lorre sitcom. Fucking hell, that man is behind the least funny television ever made. A humour wasteland.
He produces faux populist television. Hey, audience, tired of feeling dumber than those smartypants writers with their clever scripts? Here's something that you know completely and fully from the first second. You could write this because you know the jokes ahead of time. Watch this and say fuck you to the elites!
My kid asked me about some show he'd never seen and this is basically how i described it. Generic sitcom where you know exactly how it will play out and iften know the characters lines beforee they say them.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 73623
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Currently watching.

Post by Dr. Medulla » 31 Aug 2017, 9:19pm

revbob wrote:
31 Aug 2017, 9:10pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
31 Aug 2017, 8:58pm
Silent Majority wrote:
31 Aug 2017, 8:12pm
Looked at the new Kathy Bates series, expecting watchable, if very middle class, quirk and found out quickly that it was a Chuck Lorre sitcom. Fucking hell, that man is behind the least funny television ever made. A humour wasteland.
He produces faux populist television. Hey, audience, tired of feeling dumber than those smartypants writers with their clever scripts? Here's something that you know completely and fully from the first second. You could write this because you know the jokes ahead of time. Watch this and say fuck you to the elites!
My kid asked me about some show he'd never seen and this is basically how i described it. Generic sitcom where you know exactly how it will play out and iften know the characters lines beforee they say them.
Some people want to be reassured of what they know, some people want to be challenged or surprised. If it's snobby to say the latter is, in most cases, better, so be it.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

I feel that, had he lived, John Lennon would have loved Donkey Kong.

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 15908
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: Currently watching.

Post by JennyB » 01 Sep 2017, 10:51am

Dr. Medulla wrote:
31 Aug 2017, 8:58pm
Silent Majority wrote:
31 Aug 2017, 8:12pm
Looked at the new Kathy Bates series, expecting watchable, if very middle class, quirk and found out quickly that it was a Chuck Lorre sitcom. Fucking hell, that man is behind the least funny television ever made. A humour wasteland.
He produces faux populist television. Hey, audience, tired of feeling dumber than those smartypants writers with their clever scripts? Here's something that you know completely and fully from the first second. You could write this because you know the jokes ahead of time. Watch this and say fuck you to the elites!
How he manages to get talent like Kathy Bates is beyond me. OK, money, but still.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 8248
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: Currently watching.

Post by Kory » 01 Sep 2017, 12:54pm

I call it "my parents' kind of humor."
Inder:
Absolutely. Here's another collection of words:

Table salt (spoon hinge)
Octopus (Ukraine)
St. Petersburg (arms)
Ginger beer (cauliflower)
Pat Sajak (PSak)
Lamp post (self evident)
Florida Timeshare (ditto)
Heraclitus (EMI)
Developers (Developers Developers)
Boogie With Your Children

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 73623
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Currently watching.

Post by Dr. Medulla » 01 Sep 2017, 12:58pm

Kory wrote:
01 Sep 2017, 12:54pm
I call it "my parents' kind of humor."
I'm imagining your childhood as one where canned laughter played when nothing even funny is happening.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

I feel that, had he lived, John Lennon would have loved Donkey Kong.

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 8248
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: Currently watching.

Post by Kory » 01 Sep 2017, 1:29pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Sep 2017, 12:58pm
Kory wrote:
01 Sep 2017, 12:54pm
I call it "my parents' kind of humor."
I'm imagining your childhood as one where canned laughter played when nothing even funny is happening.
Story of my life...
Inder:
Absolutely. Here's another collection of words:

Table salt (spoon hinge)
Octopus (Ukraine)
St. Petersburg (arms)
Ginger beer (cauliflower)
Pat Sajak (PSak)
Lamp post (self evident)
Florida Timeshare (ditto)
Heraclitus (EMI)
Developers (Developers Developers)
Boogie With Your Children

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 73623
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Currently watching.

Post by Dr. Medulla » 01 Sep 2017, 1:47pm

Kory wrote:
01 Sep 2017, 1:29pm
Story of my life...
Endut! Hoch Hech!

I feel that, had he lived, John Lennon would have loved Donkey Kong.

Silent Majority
User avatar
Singer-Songwriter Nancy
Posts: 13099
Joined: 10 Nov 2008, 8:28pm
Location: A republic of mind
Contact:

Re: Currently watching.

Post by Silent Majority » 01 Sep 2017, 6:20pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Sep 2017, 12:58pm
Kory wrote:
01 Sep 2017, 12:54pm
I call it "my parents' kind of humor."
I'm imagining your childhood as one where canned laughter played when nothing even funny is happening.
Like that very disturbing Rodney Dangerfield scene in Natural Born Killers. Or the very disturbing film, Back to School.
You're frettin', you're sweatin'
But did you notice, not gettin' anywhere


http://macgowansongs.blogspot.co.uk
www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 73623
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Currently watching.

Post by Dr. Medulla » 01 Sep 2017, 6:25pm

Silent Majority wrote:
01 Sep 2017, 6:20pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Sep 2017, 12:58pm
Kory wrote:
01 Sep 2017, 12:54pm
I call it "my parents' kind of humor."
I'm imagining your childhood as one where canned laughter played when nothing even funny is happening.
Like that very disturbing Rodney Dangerfield scene in Natural Born Killers. Or the very disturbing film, Back to School.
Very fucking right. What a superbly conceived and executed scene.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

I feel that, had he lived, John Lennon would have loved Donkey Kong.

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 8248
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: Currently watching.

Post by Kory » 03 Sep 2017, 9:04pm

Do we have any Rick and Morty fans here? I can't recall it being discussed.
Inder:
Absolutely. Here's another collection of words:

Table salt (spoon hinge)
Octopus (Ukraine)
St. Petersburg (arms)
Ginger beer (cauliflower)
Pat Sajak (PSak)
Lamp post (self evident)
Florida Timeshare (ditto)
Heraclitus (EMI)
Developers (Developers Developers)
Boogie With Your Children

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests