Currently watching.

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Kory
Unknown Immortal

Re: Currently watching.

Post by Kory »

Flex wrote:
31 Jan 2024, 9:48am
Okay FINE I started watching the bear and am enjoying it. Partway through season two now. The Christmas episode was... intense.

My sis said she had to stop watching after a few episodes because she was getting triggered from watching the high end kitchen stuff. According to her, the depictions of high end kitchen culture and behaviors are very, very accurate.
I can't watch it, that main guy's face is even more punchable than Miles Teller's.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Very good start to the final season of Curb.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Feb 2024, 8:03am

Very good start to the final season of Curb.
Yeah, that was a good one.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

JennyB wrote:
23 Jan 2024, 11:16am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Jan 2024, 8:04pm
The Boss is watching True Detective because of Jodie Foster's presence. My observation to her: "I don't think there's anyone who doesn't love Jodie Foster. *pause* Maybe not John Hinckley level, but you know what I mean."
I'm 3/4 through the first episode and like it so far.
We just finished the 4th episode and wow - what a show. This season has also been quite terrifying. Also, Jodie Foster is awesome. As is the actress who plays her erstwhile partner.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Caught the new Daily Show with Jon Stewart returning. Pretty good stuff, better than I expected. I'll be watching regularly, I think.

I sort of lost patience with Stewart for an outmoded both siderism, but that got explicitly called out in the show and I think his view of the political landscape has progressed accordingly.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
14 Feb 2024, 1:31am
Caught the new Daily Show with Jon Stewart returning. Pretty good stuff, better than I expected. I'll be watching regularly, I think.

I sort of lost patience with Stewart for an outmoded both siderism, but that got explicitly called out in the show and I think his view of the political landscape has progressed accordingly.
It's quite telling as to what's happened to the GOP in that the Democrats are still mostly awful and corrupt—unchanged in that regard—yet both-siding things doesn't hold water because of how detached from reality and how contemptuous the right has become for any semblance of democratic norms. How the New York Times continues to play that game is pretty fascinating, really.

edit: Coincidentally, a comment in a blog, responding to a claim that Democrats are just as narrow and driven by fealty to their leader as Republicans:
Just look at the senate: Democrats range from Bernie Sanders (not formally a Democrat, but caucuses with them) to Joe Manchin. The GOP caucus ranges from Attila the Hun to a louder, dumber Attila the Hun.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

We've been watching episodes of Law & Order from the mid-90s on a streaming service. HD really serves those episodes poorly, as everyone looks like they have a sandpaper complexion.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Feb 2024, 2:44pm
We've been watching episodes of Law & Order from the mid-90s on a streaming service. HD really serves those episodes poorly, as everyone looks like they have a sandpaper complexion.
We cant all be super models ya know

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
19 Feb 2024, 2:45pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
A lot of it, I think, comes from lighting. L & O was big on shadows, which exaggerates contrasts. I haven't noticed it on every old tv show, but L & O is quite rough.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
You DARE do Jerry Orbach like that.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

JennyB wrote:
19 Feb 2024, 2:57pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
He was a good looking dude in his day, but during L&O ...well what do I know.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
19 Feb 2024, 4:58pm
JennyB wrote:
19 Feb 2024, 2:57pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
He was a good looking dude in his day, but during L&O ...well what do I know.
[insert wry and cynical quip about dead person]

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
The Briscoe and Greene years are the best. I'll die on this hill.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
19 Feb 2024, 6:09pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
The season we've been watching is the first with Briscoe & Curtis. The years with Noth years aren't available, which I wonder is because of the sexual misconduct allegations (i.e., those episodes/years were pulled by the streamer).

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Feb 2024, 6:33pm
Mimi wrote:
19 Feb 2024, 6:09pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
The season we've been watching is the first with Briscoe & Curtis. The years with Noth years aren't available, which I wonder is because of the sexual misconduct allegations (i.e., those episodes/years were pulled by the streamer).
Could be.