Currently watching.

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Re: Currently watching.

Post by Flex »

Kory wrote:
22 Oct 2018, 2:57pm
Speculation is rampant that this has something to do with Disney's upcoming streaming service.
Oh man, I can't wait to pay for 15 different fucking streaming subscription services just to watch whatever shows I want to watch, especially when the majority of the programming doesn't interest me. If only there was, like, some kinda service that... bundled... all of these different streaming platforms - or "channels" if you will - into one convenient package so I could just easily flip over to whatever I wanted to watch with a couple quick clicks. Man, it would be crazy as hell if something like that existed.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
22 Oct 2018, 6:43pm
Kory wrote:
Speculation is rampant that this has something to do with Disney's upcoming streaming service.
Oh man, I can't wait to pay for 15 different fucking streaming subscription services just to watch whatever shows I want to watch, especially when the majority of the programming doesn't interest me. If only there was, like, some kinda service that... bundled... all of these different streaming platforms - or "channels" if you will - into one convenient package so I could just easily flip over to whatever I wanted to watch with a couple quick clicks. Man, it would be crazy as hell if something like that existed.
I believe the service you're thinking of is called BitTorrent. Make it convenient and value for the money and I'll pay. Dick me around and I'll go the other direction.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Oct 2018, 6:51pm
I believe the service you're thinking of is called BitTorrent. Make it convenient and value for the money and I'll pay. Dick me around and I'll go the other direction.
I just think it's funny that we're like maybe 2 years away - tops - from streaming losing whatever value proposition it has over cable.

I try not to download shit illegally anymore - if for no other reason than I don't want to bother with the hassles if I'm "caught" - but the result isn't so much me giving a lot more money to these services as it is me just finding other ways to spend my time.

Pex Lives!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Kory wrote:
22 Oct 2018, 4:35pm
revbob wrote:
22 Oct 2018, 4:15pm
Kory wrote:
revbob wrote:
20 Oct 2018, 9:27am
I just saw Netflix has canceled Luke Cage. I've enjoyed the hell out of that show. Fuck you Netflix.
Both Iron Fist and Cage now gone. Speculation is rampant that this has something to do with Disney's upcoming streaming service. I'd put money on DD and JJ getting axed shortly.
Yeah, I guess I don't quote understand it though because doesn't Netflix have the rights to still produce those shows?

I've enjoyed all of them but Iron Fist. I didn't like that character when he was in the Defenders so never bothered with IF.
The second season totally made up for the first and Defenders. I was looking forward to seeing where it was going to go next.
Ill check it out. I think one problem with the Defenders was cramming it into fewer episodes than the other series.

Ill miss the musical performances on Luke Cage too, they had some good ones.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
22 Oct 2018, 6:55pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Oct 2018, 6:51pm
I just think it's funny that we're like maybe 2 years away - tops - from streaming losing whatever value proposition it has over cable.

I try not to download shit illegally anymore - if for no other reason than I don't want to bother with the hassles if I'm "caught" - but the result isn't so much me giving a lot more money to these services as it is me just finding other ways to spend my time.
One truism is that when someone discovers a business model that consumers quite prefer, the industry as a whole will restructure itself to ruin that appeal by closing off options. It's almost *gasp* like they don't actually like the free market.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

revbob wrote:
22 Oct 2018, 6:56pm
Kory wrote:
22 Oct 2018, 4:35pm
revbob wrote:
22 Oct 2018, 4:15pm
Kory wrote:
revbob wrote:
20 Oct 2018, 9:27am
I just saw Netflix has canceled Luke Cage. I've enjoyed the hell out of that show. Fuck you Netflix.
Both Iron Fist and Cage now gone. Speculation is rampant that this has something to do with Disney's upcoming streaming service. I'd put money on DD and JJ getting axed shortly.
Yeah, I guess I don't quote understand it though because doesn't Netflix have the rights to still produce those shows?

I've enjoyed all of them but Iron Fist. I didn't like that character when he was in the Defenders so never bothered with IF.
The second season totally made up for the first and Defenders. I was looking forward to seeing where it was going to go next.
Ill check it out. I think one problem with the Defenders was cramming it into fewer episodes than the other series.

Ill miss the musical performances on Luke Cage too, they had some good ones.
Meanwhile, 13 episodes is far too long for the others. S2 of Iron Fist hit the jackpot when they decided to make it 10 eps.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Haunting of Hill House is A-OK, 3 eps in. I would think it has some square appeal, meaning not just for horror fans.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Flex

Post by Flex »

tepista wrote:
22 Oct 2018, 7:23pm
Haunting of Hill House is A-OK, 3 eps in. I would think it has some square appeal, meaning not just for horror fans.
yeah, i'm watching it with my usually absolutely-no-horror s.o. and the family drama keeps enough appeal for her. I'm a couple episodes ahead of you and I will say that once they get through the everyone-gets-their-intro-episode thing it picks up even more (not that the first episodes are bad by any means).

Pex Lives!

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Flex wrote:
22 Oct 2018, 7:43pm
tepista wrote:
22 Oct 2018, 7:23pm
yeah, i'm watching it with my usually absolutely-no-horror s.o. and the family drama keeps enough appeal for her. I'm a couple episodes ahead of you and I will say that once they get through the everyone-gets-their-intro-episode thing it picks up even more (not that the first episodes are bad by any means).
I just saw the middle sister who digs chicks episode, I'm not wrong in thinking that it was very Dead Zone-y, right?
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Flex

Post by Flex »

tepista wrote:
22 Oct 2018, 9:22pm
I just saw the middle sister who digs chicks episode, I'm not wrong in thinking that it was very Dead Zone-y, right?
more lesbians in this one tho

Pex Lives!

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Wolter wrote:
22 Oct 2018, 3:19pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Oct 2018, 8:03am
This is a masterpiece of sitcom writing and performance.
The actor who played Less Nessman was literally my current age when the show was CANCELED.

If you had told me he was 20 years older than me when it started, I’d’ve believed you.
That's crazy. Absolutely crazy. I would have guessed he was in his late 60s.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Finally got Fargo series 2 on Netflix.
One episode in I am already.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

101Walterton wrote:
26 Oct 2018, 7:06pm
You'd better love it. It's a coin flip for me whethrr the first or second season was better. The third is quite good, but wasn't quite as engrossing.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Oct 2018, 7:16pm
101Walterton wrote:
You'd better love it. It's a coin flip for me whethrr the first or second season was better. The third is quite good, but wasn't quite as engrossing.
Haha meant to say one episode in I am already hooked.
Wasn’t sure they could recreate ‘characters’ as great as series 1 but looks like they have!!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

101Walterton wrote:
26 Oct 2018, 7:18pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Oct 2018, 7:16pm
101Walterton wrote:
Haha meant to say one episode in I am already hooked.
Wasn’t sure they could recreate ‘characters’ as great as series 1 but looks like they have!!
It is certainly distinct from the first one, but just as compelling. I appreciate it as much for the basic quality crime story as the subtext of history to it all.