Currently watching.

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: Currently watching.

Post by revbob »

Kory wrote:
03 Sep 2017, 9:04pm
Do we have any Rick and Morty fans here? I can't recall it being discussed.
Someone's mentioned it before. I watch it every so often. I seem to come across it at random times, great show.

Spiff
Mostly Nekkid

Post by Spiff »

revbob wrote:
04 Sep 2017, 7:53am
Kory wrote:
Someone's mentioned it before. I watch it every so often. I seem to come across it at random times, great show.
I'm a big fan. My son got me hooked on Rick and Morty.

BTW, if you have a chance to watch "Trapped" do it.

I found it on Amazon Prime, but it may also be elsewhere.

I hope the second series is as good as the first.

Very good plot, acting, and superb photography.
Let fury have the hour, anger can be power
D'you know that you can use it?

-- There's no fairytale ending with cocaine.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Spiff wrote:
04 Sep 2017, 5:59pm
revbob wrote:
04 Sep 2017, 7:53am
Kory wrote:
I'm a big fan. My son got me hooked on Rick and Morty.

BTW, if you have a chance to watch "Trapped" do it.

I found it on Amazon Prime, but it may also be elsewhere.

I hope the second series is as good as the first.

Very good plot, acting, and superb photography.
Thanks for the tip, will check it out. Strain is wrapping up and Preacher will too shortly.

My new phone sucks at downloading vids but i have amazon access

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Just finished Twin Peaks. God DAMN it, that's some great television.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Kory wrote:
04 Sep 2017, 11:40pm
Is it necessary to watch the original tp follow the new?

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

revbob wrote:
05 Sep 2017, 6:31am
Kory wrote:
04 Sep 2017, 11:40pm
Is it necessary to watch the original tp follow the new?
Definitely. The new one doesn't follow the original characters quite as much, but it heavily references the events and mythology of the original series.

daredevil
Unknown Immortal

Post by daredevil »

There's so much green and orange tint on some of the new episodes of Halt and Catch Fire, I though Chance and Vuchovich were going to show up.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

daredevil wrote:
09 Sep 2017, 9:06pm
There's so much green and orange tint on some of the new episodes of Halt and Catch Fire, I though Chance and Vuchovich were going to show up.
Qu'elle coincidence, the boss and I have just started watching this series. I think we're five episodes into the first season. Hard not to compare it to Mad Men—period drama, ensemble cast, mysterious and ruthless lead—but H&CF tries a bit too hard to be tense. As well, MM was clearly focused on its time, whereas H&CF, apart from the subject matter, doesn't interact at all with its era.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Still watching Halt … and I'm officially annoying the missuz with my inability to separate Toby Huss' character from his cartoon characters Cotton Hill and General ("I gots the peepee cancer") Treister.

edit: We just watched the penultimate episode of the first season. The gang just successfully pitched their portable at some expo, and Joe goes to the Apple suite to see a demonstration of the first Macintosh. Me: "Neanderthal: 'Hey, what's up with all them homo sapiens?'"
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

Has any one watched The Deuce, It's gotten lots of good write ups, I watched the first episode and thought it was a little slow, not sure if I should give it another try.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Finally decided to check out Rick and Morty—yeah, I know, I'm slow and unhip—by starting from the beginning. I was lukewarm until the Meeseeks episode. Now that was some funny stuff, where a simple task gone awry compounds itself until things turn apocalyptic.

SandraM
Dirty Punk

Post by SandraM »

Marky Dread wrote:
09 Oct 2015, 6:34pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:Narcos.
I just watched over the last week. I loved it; coke, murder, Colombian sexy ladies.
All the above and yep it's excellent.
Old post I know, but I need to give this series another try. I got fed up with the narration in the first episode, like we were too stupid to read the subtitles. However, I had just watched it on the back of Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul, so I was bit box- setted out at that point. I keep hearing really good things about it.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Sep 2017, 3:08pm
Finally decided to check out Rick and Morty—yeah, I know, I'm slow and unhip—by starting from the beginning. I was lukewarm until the Meeseeks episode. Now that was some funny stuff, where a simple task gone awry compounds itself until things turn apocalyptic.
It just gets better from there. Keep us updated.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

I've been watching Venture Bros from the beginning, and it's the first time I've watched every episode in such close succession. I already loved it, but I'm getting so much more out of it this way, just from in-jokes alone. Those guys sure know how to write a tv show.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
14 Oct 2017, 9:54pm
I've been watching Venture Bros from the beginning, and it's the first time I've watched every episode in such close succession. I already loved it, but I'm getting so much more out of it this way, just from in-jokes alone. Those guys sure know how to write a tv show.
It's impressive how the show has evolved into something with quite a bit of depth and development. As much fun as the first couple seasons are, with all the music and comic book geek gags, the later emphasis on extended storytelling is more satisfying.

BTW, I finished up Rick & Morty a while back. Good, occasionally inspired stuff, tho I don't quite get the zealotry of the serious fans. Especially given that, I gather, they take Rick as an inspiration. Assholes, however smart and witty, may entertainment, but no goddamned role model, dorks.