Currently watching.

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Re: Currently watching.

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 May 2017, 8:18am
BostonBeaneater wrote:
10 May 2017, 9:59pm
I've been toying with an idea for one of these shows for years. I would call it, "You Don't Know How Lucky You Are!". The premise would be that the contestants would be dropped into various global hot spots with no money and no contacts and would have to make their way home. I like the thought of Joe Badtattoo and Mary Feministpiecing make their way through Allepo or Darfur. The alternate title is, "Bootstraps!".

Carry on.
As our ideas appear to be stalled, I propose we merge theses into a co-produced venture. It could be my competition/race and your judge thing. I wish Lux Interior was still around. He'd make a great judge. I bet if we got Tep in on this he'd suggest a great judge. Is Richard Dawson alive?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
11 May 2017, 10:37pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
I've been toying with an idea for one of these shows for years. I would call it, "You Don't Know How Lucky You Are!". The premise would be that the contestants would be dropped into various global hot spots with no money and no contacts and would have to make their way home. I like the thought of Joe Badtattoo and Mary Feministpiecing make their way through Allepo or Darfur. The alternate title is, "Bootstraps!".

Carry on.
As our ideas appear to be stalled, I propose we merge theses into a co-produced venture. It could be my competition/race and your judge thing. I wish Lux Interior was still around. He'd make a great judge. I bet if we got Tep in on this he'd suggest a great judge. Is Richard Dawson alive?
Dickie died a few years ago. I suggest stealing someone from Fox News to host—you know that they'd be genuinely enthusiastic about blood and terror. They have an excess of blonde women, so we could take one of them.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 May 2017, 2:02pm
JennyB wrote:
11 May 2017, 1:29pm
This season of Fargo continues to be great.
The abuse visited upon Ray's Corvette amuses endlessly.
Totally.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

BostonBeaneater

Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 May 2017, 6:25am
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:

Carry on.
Dickie died a few years ago. I suggest stealing someone from Fox News to host—you know that they'd be genuinely enthusiastic about blood and terror. They have an excess of blonde women, so we could take one of them.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
12 May 2017, 10:35am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 May 2017, 6:25am
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:

Carry on.
Isn't he the "good one" at Fox?

BostonBeaneater

Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 May 2017, 10:58am
If by good you mean gay... Yes, he is the gay one.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
12 May 2017, 11:01am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 May 2017, 10:58am
If by good you mean gay... Yes, he is the gay one.
Yeah, but he's also the critical one (all a relative measure, that is). He's the one who'll say stuff like "Trump is lying" or "Obama isn't a Satanic shit monster."

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
10 May 2017, 11:30pm
revbob wrote:
10 May 2017, 11:13pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 May 2017, 9:21pm
revbob wrote:
10 May 2017, 8:56pm

That's one of those shows I've never watched anymore than the amount of time it takes for me to leave the room or change the channel. Add all those so called talent/idol shows to that list as well.
Me neither, with the exception of the Amazing Race—I like the travelogue aspect of that. But the boss watches a lot of those competition shows because, I think, she's a crowd watcher. we also have a different purpose to televison—she likes stuff that lets her zone out whereas I prefer stuff that keeps my attention. Which does mean we don't watch a lot of the same crap.

Carry on.
I like it!

Way back in high school I had an assignment to come up with a programming schedule for a tv channel. One of the shows I came up with was a twisted version of the people's court that was presided over by a reverend instead of a judge and they were all capital cases. So the reverend was sentencing people to death and they were also executed on live tv. It was a tongue in cheek proposal. The teacher didn't get my sense of humor.
Your teach was square, man. What would execution method have been. This is important to me.
So the person I envisioned as the Rev Judge was this metal head in my class. He was a big Metallica fan so it was going to be death by electric chair and the show was to be called ride the lightning.

The Carlin piece Doc posted was great as usual. Another person who I could have seen live here in town but never did.

BostonBeaneater

revbob wrote:
12 May 2017, 12:17pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
10 May 2017, 11:30pm
revbob wrote:
10 May 2017, 11:13pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 May 2017, 9:21pm

Me neither, with the exception of the Amazing Race—I like the travelogue aspect of that. But the boss watches a lot of those competition shows because, I think, she's a crowd watcher. we also have a different purpose to televison—she likes stuff that lets her zone out whereas I prefer stuff that keeps my attention. Which does mean we don't watch a lot of the same crap.

Carry on.
I like it!

Way back in high school I had an assignment to come up with a programming schedule for a tv channel. One of the shows I came up with was a twisted version of the people's court that was presided over by a reverend instead of a judge and they were all capital cases. So the reverend was sentencing people to death and they were also executed on live tv. It was a tongue in cheek proposal. The teacher didn't get my sense of humor.
Your teach was square, man. What would execution method have been. This is important to me.
So the person I envisioned as the Rev Judge was this metal head in my class. He was a big Metallica fan so it was going to be death by electric chair and the show was to be called ride the lightning.

The Carlin piece Doc posted was great as usual. Another person who I could have seen live here in town but never did.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Has anyone here been watching Brockmire?

I'm acquiring the first episode now. Hank Azaria plays a baseball announcer who has a profanity laced meltdown on the air and gets relegated to announcing minor league games. I'm intrigued.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

revbob wrote:
13 May 2017, 6:27pm

I'm acquiring the first episode now. Hank Azaria plays a baseball announcer who has a profanity laced meltdown on the air and gets relegated to announcing minor league games. I'm intrigued.
Now I am, too.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Kory wrote:
13 May 2017, 11:03pm
revbob wrote:
13 May 2017, 6:27pm

Now I am, too.

The opening clip

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I dl'd the first couple episodes this morning and will likely watch later today.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 May 2017, 7:53am
I dl'd the first couple episodes this morning and will likely watch later today.
I enjoyed the first episode. I'll keep watching but I'll be watching alone I think, my wife and baseball don't mix well. I'm not sure a person without an appreciation for baseball would enjoy it.

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

Sami Yaffa's Sound Tracker...if you're into world music this is very cool. Sami was the bassist from Hanoi Rocks and he was in the new NY Dolls as well as playing with Michael Monroe he has a great psudo-Gypsy type band called Mad Juana that are like a local NYC band or at least it seems that way, they play here all the time.

This series is very cool, little hard to find, you can stream episodes here https://www.linktv.org/shows/sound-trac ... s/turkey-0