Currently watching.

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Currently watching.

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
16 Dec 2017, 5:57pm
Lookong at the listings to find the football game and I see CNBC is showing "Larry King's Prostate Report"

Feel free to insert jokes about close up and in depth reporting.
What's the over/under line for polyp count?
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Dec 2017, 7:05pm
revbob wrote:
Lookong at the listings to find the football game and I see CNBC is showing "Larry King's Prostate Report"

Do you get those bizarre personal injury lawyer ads featuring Larry King conducting an interview with the head personal injury lawyer woman over in Ottawa? They're so strange.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Inder wrote:
16 Dec 2017, 7:30pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

Do you get those bizarre personal injury lawyer ads featuring Larry King conducting an interview with the head personal injury lawyer woman over in Ottawa? They're so strange.
Not that I know of. Or at least I've never seen them.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Dec 2017, 7:34pm
Inder wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

They are 30 second edits of this:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Inder wrote:
16 Dec 2017, 7:40pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Dec 2017, 7:34pm
Inder wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

They are 30 second edits of this:

I'm sure I've seen an ad for Wendy Sokoloff, but not those.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Boddington wrote:
16 Dec 2017, 1:07am
Kory wrote:
29 Nov 2017, 6:19pm
revbob wrote:
29 Nov 2017, 4:56pm
Kory wrote:
29 Nov 2017, 1:44pm
Boddington wrote:
29 Nov 2017, 12:40pm
Watching the Punisher on Netflix. It's fine, about 6 or so episodes in, and it's just kinda slow. The B Plot (with the DHS agents) is pretty boring, too. About the only thing really outstanding is Jon Bernthal.
I haven't really dug anything since DD2. Cage was too long, Iron Fist had bad casting and writing, and Defenders, while short, seemed undercooked. I hope they pick it back up soon.
Im liking Punisher alright, I find all of these tend to start a tad slow. I really enjoyed Luke Cage. Ive been mostly satisfied the the Marvel/Netflix stuff. Never watched Iron Fist, the main character was mostly annoying in the Defenders, his girlfriend would make a potentially more interesting character.

As for where to stream other shows in a potentially extra legal matter I use
https://solarmoviefree.me
And
http://stream-tv7.co

You do need to be mindful of the pop ups and spyware but I use it all the time with no ill effects you just need to not click on things you shouldnt.
Cage was cool, I think more than anything I just liked Cottonmouth a lot and didn't think Diamondback was very effective as a villain, nor the grand reveal about his past to be all that interesting. Plus every single episode was structured around Luke saying "I don't want to be a hero, oh well, maybe I should."
This was exactly my feeling on this. Luke Cage suffered to me once Cottonmouth was gone. The first half was much stronger than the second. I think it's maybe on par with Punisher. Anything is better than Iron Fist. I really can't wait for season 2 of Jessica Jones, though.
I'm about halfway through Punisher and liking it a lot. It's kind of nice that it doesn't feel obligated to tie itself to the rest of the Marvel universe all the time and can stand on its own a bit. Jessica Jones s2 is big in my list of things to look forward too as well. It will be hard to top the Purple Man as a villain though. I wonder if the antagonist will have powers or not...
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

I’m guessing not too many will know who Hamish and Andy are but for those the don’t they are a couple of ‘Aussie larrakins’. They currently have a great concept for a show.
It is probably based on Graham Norton’s ‘red chair’ although is 30 minutes long. Basically they get someone on who they have never met and then the guest tells their story which is a true story that is legendary however only within the guests group of friends although deserves to be told to a wider audience. Some are average but there have been some real crackers.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Halfway thru Ken Burns' Vietnam War documentary. It's quite affecting, obviously emotionally manipulative, with veterans on both sides relating their experiences, as well as one family of an eager volunteer who didn't survive. I admit that the interpretation of the war meshes with mine—a tragedy driven by ideology and hubris, a failure of moral courage by leaders, and evil acts done by otherwise decent people put in a horrendous situation—but it is entirely engrossing, even voyeuristic. It also reflects that sentiment of the past as a foreign land—this actually did happen, time and passions accelerated at a blinding speed, a watershed for so many people. I've found Burns' previous work hit and miss—I don't care much for his triumphalist work—but so far this has been effective.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Dec 2017, 9:10am
Halfway thru Ken Burns' Vietnam War documentary. It's quite affecting, obviously emotionally manipulative, with veterans on both sides relating their experiences, as well as one family of an eager volunteer who didn't survive. I admit that the interpretation of the war meshes with mine—a tragedy driven by ideology and hubris, a failure of moral courage by leaders, and evil acts done by otherwise decent people put in a horrendous situation—but it is entirely engrossing, even voyeuristic. It also reflects that sentiment of the past as a foreign land—this actually did happen, time and passions accelerated at a blinding speed, a watershed for so many people. I've found Burns' previous work hit and miss—I don't care much for his triumphalist work—but so far this has been effective.
I've been interested in his Roosevelts series but I haven't been able to devote any time to it.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
26 Dec 2017, 3:09pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I've been interested in his Roosevelts series but I haven't been able to devote any time to it.
Didn't like that one. Sure, it's got lots of material but I have no idea what the argument behind it all is besides, I guess, the Roosevelts were really important in the first half of the the 20th c. Oh, okay. It's an example of that triumphalist tendency he has. American history is wonderful because America is wonderful!

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Dec 2017, 3:24pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Didn't like that one. Sure, it's got lots of material but I have no idea what the argument behind it all is besides, I guess, the Roosevelts were really important in the first half of the the 20th c. Oh, okay. It's an example of that triumphalist tendency he has. American history is wonderful because America is wonderful!
Eh, I won't bother then.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
26 Dec 2017, 3:32pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Eh, I won't bother then.
If you know zilcho about the Roosevelts it might be worth a casual viewing, but it really is just a bland presentation of information. One that I'm very high on is The Dust Bowl, which is a story of an inconceivable man-made environmental disaster that was utterly epic in its assault. It's hard to understand how people lived through it all.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Dec 2017, 3:38pm
Kory wrote:
26 Dec 2017, 3:32pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Eh, I won't bother then.
If you know zilcho about the Roosevelts it might be worth a casual viewing, but it really is just a bland presentation of information. One that I'm very high on is The Dust Bowl, which is a story of an inconceivable man-made environmental disaster that was utterly epic in its assault. It's hard to understand how people lived through it all.
Weird, that one totally passed me by.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Inder