Currently watching.

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
101Walterton
The Best

Re: Currently watching.

Post by 101Walterton »

Started watching The Vietnam War 10 part series on Netflix.
I learnt more in the first episode than I thought I knew already and I have been there!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
12 Aug 2018, 9:21pm
Started watching The Vietnam War 10 part series on Netflix.
I learnt more in the first episode than I thought I knew already and I have been there!
I watched it all, good stuff.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

I started watching this show Insatiable on Netflix. It is getting a ton of backlash, especially in feminist circles, for its fat shaming and other problematic issues. But it's satire, and I think it's incredibly funny. If you like high camp and a show that is a cross between Heathers, Jawbreaker and Drop Dead Gorgeous, you might enjoy watching.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Just finished season 2 of "Goliath". Not bad at all. Billy Bob Thornton is great.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Marky Dread wrote:
15 Aug 2018, 12:47pm
Just finished season 2 of "Goliath". Not bad at all. Billy Bob Thornton is great.
Yeah I enjoyed it too.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Any thoughts about the new season of Venture Bros so far? Just a shitload of callbacks and narrative fattening in those first three episodes. I wonder how much of this stuff has been in their back pocket since the start versus going back and artfully drawing the connecting lines. Someone online pointed out that Orpheus predicted Action Man's stroke in Season 1, which turns a throwaway gag into super deep-level callback writing.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Aug 2018, 1:48pm
Any thoughts about the new season of Venture Bros so far? Just a shitload of callbacks and narrative fattening in those first three episodes. I wonder how much of this stuff has been in their back pocket since the start versus going back and artfully drawing the connecting lines. Someone online pointed out that Orpheus predicted Action Man's stroke in Season 1, which turns a throwaway gag into super deep-level callback writing.
I haven't had a chance yet, I got caught up with Disenchantment, the new Groening show. Pretty decent so far—not as strong a start as Futurama had, but worth a watch. It's good to hear all those voices again too.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

I didn't finish ep 1 of Disenchantment. Simpsons season 17 level of decency, I thought.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Silent Majority wrote:
20 Aug 2018, 1:54pm
I didn't finish ep 1 of Disenchantment. Simpsons season 17 level of decency, I thought.
It's better after the first one which gets tied up in having to introduce people.

Also I may be more forgiving since it's not descending from such great heights.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

I've been addicted to The Story of the Top of the Pops. I loved the 1981 episode. It's been fun seeing people like Suggs and Jerry Dammers. The guy from the Human League is way too self important. Which brings me to the other show I watched - Synth Britannia. Helps reinforce my love of Kraftwerk, The Normal, Cabaret Voltaire, etc. I love how sinister, cold and bleak that era of synth music was. Too bad it evolved so poorly in the mid-late 80s.
Got a Rake? Sure!

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

JennyB wrote:
20 Aug 2018, 4:41pm
I've been addicted to The Story of the Top of the Pops. I loved the 1981 episode. It's been fun seeing people like Suggs and Jerry Dammers. The guy from the Human League is way too self important. Which brings me to the other show I watched - Synth Britannia. Helps reinforce my love of Kraftwerk, The Normal, Cabaret Voltaire, etc. I love how sinister, cold and bleak that era of synth music was. Too bad it evolved so poorly in the mid-late 80s.
What is The Story of TOTP?

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

101Walterton wrote:
20 Aug 2018, 4:49pm
JennyB wrote:
Basically self explanatory. I believe the episodes start with 1980 - just talks about the different bands and goings on behind the scenes. I've been watching on YouTube. Not sure if you can access them in the future?
Got a Rake? Sure!

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Those TOTP specials are definitely worth watching. Think they go back to the 7Os but not certain. Some of the interviews are fascinating and hugely informative.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

JennyB wrote:
20 Aug 2018, 4:54pm
101Walterton wrote:
20 Aug 2018, 4:49pm
JennyB wrote:
Basically self explanatory. I believe the episodes start with 1980 - just talks about the different bands and goings on behind the scenes. I've been watching on YouTube. Not sure if you can access them in the future?
Haven’t heard of that sounds good I will look it up on YouTube when I get home yesterday.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Getting worried as nearing the end of series 5 of The Americans and will then be up to date and have to go cold turkey :disshame:

Is Keri Russell the hottest thing on TV :scared: