Currently watching.

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 35427
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Currently watching.

Post by Marky Dread » 04 Feb 2013, 4:30pm

Ripper St.
The Following.

Both are excellent.
Image
Image

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 14827
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: Currently watching.

Post by 101Walterton » 04 Feb 2013, 4:33pm

New series of QI
Never Mind The Buzzcocks (on NZ TV for first time)

Silent Majority
User avatar
Singer-Songwriter Nancy
Posts: 12601
Joined: 10 Nov 2008, 8:28pm
Location: A republic of mind
Contact:

Re: Currently watching.

Post by Silent Majority » 04 Feb 2013, 4:35pm

Community - I don't hold out much hope for it being any good when it returns
Breaking Bad - Delaying starting season 5 because I've done the rest with someone else and watching it isn't the same without them
American Dad - Best comedy on air right now.
Weekly Wipe - Charlie Brooker's new show, where he actually plays to his strengths
'But also: hey dude, you can just go looking for more glasses. They're all free now. '

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 35427
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Currently watching.

Post by Marky Dread » 04 Feb 2013, 4:41pm

101Walterton wrote:New series of QI
Never Mind The Buzzcocks (on NZ TV for first time)
Wow that took a long time coming your way.
Image
Image

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 35427
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Currently watching.

Post by Marky Dread » 04 Feb 2013, 4:42pm

Silent Majority wrote:Community - I don't hold out much hope for it being any good when it returns
Breaking Bad - Delaying starting season 5 because I've done the rest with someone else and watching it isn't the same without them
American Dad - Best comedy on air right now. Great stuff.
Weekly Wipe - Charlie Brooker's new show, where he actually plays to his strengths
Image
Image

Spiff
User avatar
Mostly Nekkid
Posts: 3720
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 11:23am
Location: In the Spiff Bunker

Re: Currently watching.

Post by Spiff » 04 Feb 2013, 4:49pm

If I had cable, I'd be watching:

Spartacus

Game of Thrones

The Venture Brothers

Archer

But since I don't, I watch these on DVDs about two years after they originally air. :cry:

Yes, I know about torrent sites ...

Also, if I had cable, I'd watch that sex show that's on HBO every Thursday night. Real Sex, that's what it's called, I think.
Let fury have the hour, anger can be power
D'you know that you can use it?

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 35427
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Currently watching.

Post by Marky Dread » 04 Feb 2013, 4:51pm

Spiff wrote:If I had cable, I'd be watching:

Spartacus

Game of Thrones

The Venture Brothers

Archer

But since I don't, I watch these on DVDs about two years after they originally air. :cry:

Yes, I know about torrent sites ...

Also, if I had cable, I'd watch that sex show that's on HBO every Thursday night. Real Sex, that's what it's called, I think.
I enjoyed the first season but then found the second season a bit naff.
Image
Image

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71167
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Currently watching.

Post by Dr. Medulla » 04 Feb 2013, 4:51pm

Silent Majority wrote:Community - I don't hold out much hope for it being any good when it returns
A toss-up, depending on how much the new producers want to continue Harmon's original vision versus staking out their own territory. I'm hopeful, but I wouldn't be especially surprised if this mini-season is a bust.

Otherwise, the only thing I'm watching (besides re-runs of Law and Order and Star Trek) is Archer. In a couple months, tho, Mad Men kicks into gear, which will be mandatory viewing here.
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 25036
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: Currently watching.

Post by Flex » 04 Feb 2013, 5:00pm

Similar to Spiff, most of the shows I watch I just watch as they become available via DVD or Netflix Instant (or Hulu). Shows I watch either over the air or the day after on Hulu:

-Community: Like Maj, worried that it will suck ass when it returns.
-Parks and Recreation: I enjoy it even more knowing how much it irritates Beej.
-Downton Abbey: As I've mentioned elsewhere, true "event viewing" these days.
-Arrow: Actually not terrible. Maybe it helps that I don't really have in depth knowledge of the Green Arrow mythos, so the liberties the show takes don't raise a red flag for me.
-Daily Show/Colbert Report: Don't really watch regularly at all anymore, but occasionally I'll catch an episode if I'm killing some time.

I watch all the AMC shows (Breaking Bad, Mad Men, The Walking Dead, Hell on Wheels) as they show up on Netflix, ditto other stuff like Warehouse 13, Eureka, Alphas, etc.

Archival television I've been mostly watching is Cheers & The Twilight Zone (with that binge of The Larry Sanders Show I did a week or so back).

Addendum: Oh, duh. Doctor Who. Of course, it's been so sporadic the last year or so I almost forgot that it's actually still a functioning television show.
Last edited by Flex on 04 Feb 2013, 5:04pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I live inside my own heart, Matt Damon." - Prince

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71167
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Currently watching.

Post by Dr. Medulla » 04 Feb 2013, 5:03pm

Oh, I'll obviously be watching the return of Arrested Development when it comes on. I'll have to go the extralegal route to see it, tho, thanks to the for-my-own-good restrictions of the Canadian state. :rolleyes:
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 35427
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Currently watching.

Post by Marky Dread » 04 Feb 2013, 5:06pm

Flex wrote:Similar to Spiff, most of the shows I watch I just watch as they become available via DVD or Netflix Instant (or Hulu). Shows I watch either over the air or the day after on Hulu:

-Community: Like Maj, worried that it will suck ass when it returns.
-Parks and Recreation: I enjoy it even more knowing how much it irritates Beej.
-Downton Abbey: As I've mentioned elsewhere, true "event viewing" these days.
-Arrow: Actually not terrible. Maybe it helps that I don't really have in depth knowledge of the Green Arrow mythos, so the liberties the show takes don't raise a red flag for me.
-Daily Show/Colbert Report: Don't really watch regularly at all anymore, but occasionally I'll catch an episode if I'm killing some time.

I watch all the AMC shows (Breaking Bad, Mad Men, The Walking Dead, Hell on Wheels) as they show up on Netflix, ditto other stuff like Warehouse 13, Eureka, Alphas, etc.

Archival television I've been mostly watching is Cheers & The Twilight Zone (with that binge of The Larry Sanders Show I did a week or so back).

Addendum: Oh, duh. Doctor Who. Of course, it's been so sporadic the last year or so I almost forgot that it's actually still a functioning television show.
I like The Walking Dead and also Dexter. I end up recording all the stuff I watch due to working night shifts.
Image
Image

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 26119
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction
Contact:

Re: Currently watching.

Post by Heston » 04 Feb 2013, 5:18pm

101Walterton wrote:New series of QI
Never Mind The Buzzcocks (on NZ TV for first time)

Keep an eye out for a new show called "They Think It's All Over."
So what does Marconi playing the mamba mean? "Marconi" is referring to the radio itself. It plays a deadly snake. The snake - the mamba - is slithering from the speakers. Ready to kill greedy corporations. Ready to free the world of all that is evil, and to leave behind only the youthful idealism encompassed by the tenets of rock and roll.

Silent Majority
User avatar
Singer-Songwriter Nancy
Posts: 12601
Joined: 10 Nov 2008, 8:28pm
Location: A republic of mind
Contact:

Re: Currently watching.

Post by Silent Majority » 04 Feb 2013, 5:50pm

Flex wrote:-Parks and Recreation: I enjoy it even more knowing how much it irritates Beej.
An endlessly satisfying and profitable way to spend one's life.
-Downton Abbey: As I've mentioned elsewhere, true "event viewing" these days.
That's another one that I'm never quite bothered enough to watch by myself, but if I'm with Ni, you'll find me rapt.
Archival television I've been mostly watching is Cheers & The Twilight Zone (with that binge of The Larry Sanders Show I did a week or so back).
I'd do well to dip back into all three of these.
'But also: hey dude, you can just go looking for more glasses. They're all free now. '

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71167
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Currently watching.

Post by Dr. Medulla » 04 Feb 2013, 5:52pm

Excepting a few select episodes, I really don't care much for Cheers after Coach died. The humour seems too forced for my liking.
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 14827
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: Currently watching.

Post by 101Walterton » 04 Feb 2013, 5:58pm

Heston wrote:
101Walterton wrote:New series of QI
Never Mind The Buzzcocks (on NZ TV for first time)

Keep an eye out for a new show called "They Think It's All Over."
We don't have that but there is no show starting next week called Question of Sport with Ian Botham and Emlyn Hughes. Did you see Gerry Francis shoot the table in Superstars last night ? was so funny Kev Keegan fell off his bike.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 6 guests