IMCT Weight-Lifting Club

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Re: IMCT Weight-Lifting Club

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
eumaas wrote:A Gutterworm is unfolding...
You're missing one of the criteria—contrariness. I think this exchange has been amicable enough.
Exactly. This is just sheer, joyous GNDA. Pretty garden-level variety.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

eumaas wrote:Charlestoon?
Charlestoon sounds like a really awful homemade candy—some kind of dried fruit covered in baker's chocolate.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
eumaas wrote:Charlestoon?
Charlestoon sounds like a really awful homemade candy—some kind of dried fruit covered in baker's chocolate.
Kinda.

I like South Saskatcholina. Makes me homesick for that Holy Province, the Paris of the Salt Marsh Praries.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:that Holy Province, the Paris of the Salt Marsh Praries.
The Roughriders once drafted an American player who refused to sign, stating that he needed to play in a place "closer to God." They traded him to Toronto, which he happily accepted.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

threecoffins
Sasquatch Determinator

Post by threecoffins »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:that Holy Province, the Paris of the Salt Marsh Praries.
The Roughriders once drafted an American player who refused to sign, stating that he needed to play in a place "closer to God." They traded him to Toronto, which he happily accepted.
HA! Poor fuck.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Cant do weights :disshame: did far tooo many too young and added to a life of rugby my wrists and shoulders cant take any weight :disshame:

JohnnyClash
Dirty Punk

Post by JohnnyClash »

Dr. Medulla wrote: Push ups are the one exercise routine that I fear and dread the most. There's something about the burn in the chest from push ups that is worse than any other. That said, I'm up to doing 120 in a single set. :approve:
All the way down, touch your chest, all the way back up? 120?
I must say I'm impressed. And here I thought you were just this enormous brain.

My personal best on bench is 250, but that was back in high school. These days 220 would probably be my max, but I don't know for sure because I don't want to hurt myself in some vain attempt to prove something that means nothing.

My current workout is 185 X 12; 195 X 10; 205 X 6.

But when I started this thread I thought I'd get more answers like Wolter's.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JohnnyClash wrote:All the way down, touch your chest, all the way back up? 120?
Alas, no. I'm talking about halfsies—where the arms are at a bit more than a ninety degree angle (I dunno, the chest is maybe three or four inches from the ground?). All the way down is probably more in the 70-80 range.
My personal best on bench is 250, but that was back in high school. These days 220 would probably be my max, but I don't know for sure because I don't want to hurt myself in some vain attempt to prove something that means nothing.
That's pretty much where I am. I've stopped adding weight to my free weights and haven't increased the reps of any routine in about two years. As is, I'm waiting for that day when I get sloppy and hurt myself, perhaps enough to end that type of exercise for me. Every time I go out for my bike ride, there's a voice in my head that says, "You're going to fuck up your leg today." I've gone thousands of kilometres on my bike, but every time I have this nagging fear that something is going to blow.

telescream
Corner Soul

Post by telescream »

When i saw the title of this thread, some sickening photos of Carrot Top lifting weights were called to mind.
Who was the sick bastard who posted those?!
"the violins would get lovely melodies; the violas would get lovely melodies; the second violins would get lovely melodies.. and that should just not happen."