An Apology To The Skeptics...

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Re: An Apology To The Skeptics...

Post by Wolter »

JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:Do you believe in Love?

Phil Collins with more hair …
Jeez, lump in Sting with those douchebags and you've got your trifecta from hell.
Hey, that's the 80s equivalent of my 70s trifecta from hell: The Eagles, Jimmy Buffett, James Taylor!
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Wolter wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Jeez, lump in Sting with those douchebags and you've got your trifecta from hell.
Hey, that's the 80s equivalent of my 70s trifecta from hell: The Eagles, Jimmy Buffett, James Taylor!
Yeah, that's a nightmare. I told my little 12-year-old cousin Travis I would make him some cd's because his big sisters bully him and won't let him borrow theirs. Also, he likes Good Charlotte, and that has to stop. So I told him what I was sending him, and he actually had the nerve to ask me for some Eagles. I pointed out that 1. I don't own any Eagles, and 2. That I find their music to be alternately saccherine, sappy, lightweight, antiseptic, shallow and annoying. This is partly because of Don Henley's voice, which is like nails on a chalkboard. Also, they kind of represent everything that was wrong with 70's rock until punk came along -- they are soft rock, which is an oxymoron. It's too laid back and self-important. There is nothing wrong with being mellow sometimes, but have something important to say. And also because, well, they thought they were engaging in biting social commentary when in fact, they were just engaging in cliches. Not only that, but their lyrics were among the most misogynistic in pop music.
Travis responded by telling me to lighten-up.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

JennyB wrote:
Wolter wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Yeah, that's a nightmare. I told my little 12-year-old cousin Travis I would make him some cd's because his big sisters bully him and won't let him borrow theirs. Also, he likes Good Charlotte, and that has to stop. So I told him what I was sending him, and he actually had the nerve to ask me for some Eagles. I pointed out that 1. I don't own any Eagles, and 2. That I find their music to be alternately saccherine, sappy, lightweight, antiseptic, shallow and annoying. This is partly because of Don Henley's voice, which is like nails on a chalkboard. Also, they kind of represent everything that was wrong with 70's rock until punk came along -- they are soft rock, which is an oxymoron. It's too laid back and self-important. There is nothing wrong with being mellow sometimes, but have something important to say. And also because, well, they thought they were engaging in biting social commentary when in fact, they were just engaging in cliches. Not only that, but their lyrics were among the most misogynistic in pop music.
Cut your losses. It's too late for him.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Wolter wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Wolter wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote: Phil Collins with more hair …
Cut your losses. It's too late for him.
Actually, what I think I'm going to do is this -- you see, I hate his parents...they are awful leftover hippies and are the most self-righteous and hypocritical assholes on the planet. They claim to be the most tolerant and liberal people on the planet, but see, the thing is is Travis is totally gay. They keep insisting that he's metrosexual, but the kid makes Marc Almond look butch. So I am going to totally make him a cd full of the gayest stuff ever, starting with "It''s Raining Men," I'll throw in some Scissor Sisters, Erasure and some Donna Summer. I am actually really scared for this kid, because it's not going to be easy when he comes out.
Got a Rake? Sure!

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

JennyB wrote: I find their music to be alternately saccherine, sappy, lightweight, antiseptic, shallow and annoying. This is partly because of Don Henley's voice, which is like nails on a chalkboard. Also, they kind of represent everything that was wrong with 70's rock until punk came along -- they are soft rock, which is an oxymoron. It's too laid back and self-important.
Any band who calls themselves "rock" is not allowed to have a song called "Peaceful Easy Feeling"
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

tepista wrote:
JennyB wrote: I find their music to be alternately saccherine, sappy, lightweight, antiseptic, shallow and annoying. This is partly because of Don Henley's voice, which is like nails on a chalkboard. Also, they kind of represent everything that was wrong with 70's rock until punk came along -- they are soft rock, which is an oxymoron. It's too laid back and self-important.
Any band who calls themselves "rock" is not allowed to have a song called "Peaceful Easy Feeling"
Thank you! That's exactly my point!
Got a Rake? Sure!