...The trumpet sounded and the fifth seal was opened...

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Inder
corecore vanguard

Re: ...The trumpet sounded and the fifth seal was opened...

Post by Inder »

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

101Walterton wrote:
19 Nov 2017, 2:35pm
Wolter wrote:
19 Nov 2017, 10:04am
Kory wrote:
19 Nov 2017, 12:32am
101Walterton wrote:
18 Nov 2017, 11:05pm
Hope it’s a girl but then again for your sake maybe not, girls are a friggin nightmare compared to boys 😊
When my friend's daughter was born I was jabbing him about what he's going to be like when she started dating and he said he wouldn't care. Only three years later he's changed his tune! Not because she's dating now, mind you.
It’s a boy. I’m...well, not safe. Little boys are destructive as hell. But I don’t have to worry about someone else’s boys for a while.
Teenage boys’ brains are not wired correctly however trust me that is a blessing compared to trying to work out a teenage girl’s brain.
Everyone I know says girls are easier as babies, but WAY harder as teens and vice versa for boys.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Wolter wrote:
19 Nov 2017, 8:18pm
101Walterton wrote:
19 Nov 2017, 2:35pm
Wolter wrote:
19 Nov 2017, 10:04am
Kory wrote:
19 Nov 2017, 12:32am
101Walterton wrote:
18 Nov 2017, 11:05pm
Hope it’s a girl but then again for your sake maybe not, girls are a friggin nightmare compared to boys 😊
When my friend's daughter was born I was jabbing him about what he's going to be like when she started dating and he said he wouldn't care. Only three years later he's changed his tune! Not because she's dating now, mind you.
It’s a boy. I’m...well, not safe. Little boys are destructive as hell. But I don’t have to worry about someone else’s boys for a while.
Teenage boys’ brains are not wired correctly however trust me that is a blessing compared to trying to work out a teenage girl’s brain.
Everyone I know says girls are easier as babies, but WAY harder as teens and vice versa for boys.
Agreed.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

JennyB wrote:
20 Mar 2017, 11:25am
(Don't play her I'm on Fire).
Totally forgot you said this when I made this recording like a month ago:

(not exactly rehearsed if that wasn't obvious)
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

matedog wrote:
28 Nov 2017, 12:24am
JennyB wrote:

Nice work, I wish I could have done that foe my kids. Different song of course but you get the idea.

matedog

Post by matedog »

revbob wrote:
28 Nov 2017, 12:47am
matedog wrote:
JennyB wrote:

Nice work, I wish I could have done that foe my kids. Different song of course but you get the idea.
I'll tell ya, I'm a pro at acappella Bankrobber now. I've done damn near 20 minute versions trying to get her to fall asleep.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

matedog wrote:
28 Nov 2017, 12:53am
revbob wrote:
matedog wrote:
JennyB wrote:

I'll tell ya, I'm a pro at acappella Bankrobber now. I've done damn near 20 minute versions trying to get her to fall asleep.
Playing to get her to fall asleep shouldn't be your goal. Look at her reaction to you playing/singing, its priceless.

matedog

Post by matedog »

revbob wrote:
28 Nov 2017, 1:02am
matedog wrote:
revbob wrote:
matedog wrote:
JennyB wrote:

Playing to get her to fall asleep shouldn't be your goal. Look at her reaction to you playing/singing, its priceless.
Oh I just meant I do expose her to non Bruce songs. Bankrobber is an effective sleep inducer. The Bruce songs are for her to rock out. :cool:

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

I used to sing large swathes of the albums London Calling and Ziggy Stardust to Jackson as lullabies largely because I knew enough of the words. He still asks to hear the real songs a lot now.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

matedog

Post by matedog »

Wolter wrote:
28 Nov 2017, 7:20am
I used to sing large swathes of the albums London Calling and Ziggy Stardust to Jackson as lullabies largely because I knew enough of the words. He still asks to hear the real songs a lot now.
I'm hoping she'll think I wrote these songs.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

matedog wrote:
revbob wrote:
matedog wrote:
JennyB wrote:

I used to put headphones on my ex partners tummy while she was pregnant with our first boy. Bankrobber was the tune I would always play and when Luke was born I would play it on the stereo and his ears would instantly prick up and he kick his legs along to the rhythm. He is 23 now and loves The Clash. Stick at it mate. :approve:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

For some strange reason I used to sing Overkill by Men at Work to my daughter to get her to sleep. I tried playing it recently and she just glared at me as if to say get this shit off.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
28 Nov 2017, 11:39am
For some strange reason I used to sing Overkill by Men at Work to my daughter to get her to sleep. I tried playing it recently and she just glared at me as if to say get this shit off.
The child surpasses the parent. :ugeek:
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
28 Nov 2017, 11:39am
Weird I was looking through some best of comps earlier and I played that track as I used to like it. I still enjoyed it and will play it again.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

matedog wrote:
revbob wrote:
matedog wrote:
JennyB wrote:

I used to rock VH, Jr. to sleep with WMIHP. :) Nice job, Hoy. And she is just adorable.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy