Best Twilight Zone episode. Go.

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Best Twilight Zone episode. Go.

Post by Dr. Medulla »

"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

daredevil
Unknown Immortal

Post by daredevil »

Is CBS finally gonna get a Re-Boot of the Twilight Zone right? This trailer looks promising.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

it looks good but it's not on TV, its on the CBS streaming service, whatever that means
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
23 Feb 2019, 9:22pm
it looks good but it's not on TV, its on the CBS streaming service, whatever that means
It means you'll have to get someone to pirate it for you.

I'll definitely give it a shot despite all the crappy efforts since the original. If Black Mirror has set the standard, I'm hopeful that it'll step up.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

daredevil
Unknown Immortal

Post by daredevil »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Feb 2019, 9:40pm
tepista wrote:

I'll definitely give it a shot despite all the crappy efforts since the original. If Black Mirror has set the standard, I'm hopeful that it'll step up.
Streaming service only disappoints me. i didn't completely read the title.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

daredevil wrote:
23 Feb 2019, 10:18pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:

You're in Canada, aren't you? I have a feeling Space will pick it up here.

daredevil
Unknown Immortal

Post by daredevil »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Feb 2019, 10:29pm
daredevil wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:

I live in California

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

daredevil wrote:
23 Feb 2019, 10:35pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Feb 2019, 10:29pm
daredevil wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:

I live in California
For some reason I thought you lived in Toronto. Well, then, I'm a dope.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:

Monkey assistant!
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

I want to see this but I refuse to pay for ever more and more streaming services each month to watch specific programs. I'm already leaning heavily towards dumping Netflix. They are dumping good shows and paying ridiculous sums so idiots can watch Friends. I'm just not seeing as much value as the continue to raise their rates.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
25 Feb 2019, 9:07am
I want to see this but I refuse to pay for ever more and more streaming services each month to watch specific programs. I'm already leaning heavily towards dumping Netflix. They are dumping good shows and paying ridiculous sums so idiots can watch Friends. I'm just not seeing as much value as the continue to raise their rates.
Yep. That's why I cancelled Netflix last month after they announced the rate increase. My VPN subscription is a lot cheaper and lets me watch the few things I'm interested in. Again and again, take a good consumer model and fuck it up.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Was the 80s TZ series bad?
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
25 Feb 2019, 2:37pm
Yes. Uninspired the whole way. It flat out looked cheap and the scripts were mostly weak cliches (which, perhaps, speaks to how amazing the original was). Generally lazy construction and presentation.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Feb 2019, 2:42pm
matedog wrote:
Yes. Uninspired the whole way. It flat out looked cheap and the scripts were mostly weak cliches (which, perhaps, speaks to how amazing the original was). Generally lazy construction and presentation.
Doc remembers specifics. I just remember it sucked. I mean TV in general was really bad then. I'm trying to recall anything good from the 80s. Police Squad maybe? I suppose perhaps a handful of others but that seems excessive. Simpsons (1989) doesn't count.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
25 Feb 2019, 3:07pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Feb 2019, 2:42pm
matedog wrote:
Doc remembers specifics. I just remember it sucked. I mean TV in general was really bad then. I'm trying to recall anything good from the 80s. Police Squad maybe? I suppose perhaps a handful of others but that seems excessive. Simpsons (1989) doesn't count.
St. Elsewhere is the one that immediately comes to mind. Proof of it being good is that it was always under threat of cancellation and survived only to show that NBC wasn't a complete toxic dump of inane sitcoms.