MLB 2012

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: MLB 2012

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:i dont think you can trade a dude on the DL. is he on the 60 yet?
Is there even a DL during the off-season? Maybe, for 40-man purposes. Wasn't Carl Crawford traded to the Dodgers while on the DL?
Yeah. How did they do that? I object the trade.

I know you are allowed to PTNL a DL guy.
This suggests you can trade a guy on the DL. I would have sworn that you couldn't.
http://seattletimes.com/html/thehotston ... yes_y.html
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Is there even a DL during the off-season? Maybe, for 40-man purposes. Wasn't Carl Crawford traded to the Dodgers while on the DL?

This suggests you can trade a guy on the DL. I would have sworn that you couldn't.
Shit, if Larry Stone says so, then shut the fuck up, everyone else.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Larry Stone's forgotten more baseball than you'll ever know, Poindexter.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote: Is there even a DL during the off-season? Maybe, for 40-man purposes. Wasn't Carl Crawford traded to the Dodgers while on the DL?

Larry Stone's forgotten more baseball than you'll ever know, Poindexter.
He's the Player To Be Named Larry

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Inder wrote:Cubs out on Sanchez, according to reports.
I'm pretty much never going to be excited about a Cub deal until the guy passes the physical.
Whomever is the "inside source" at Chicago is a fucking idiot. I know all the major twit-fucks have an inside guy at every team. This deal was "official" so was Haren for Marmol. Someone in that organization is a fucking loud mouth.
What's weird is that the Red Sox under Theo were generally pretty good about controlling leaks. What was leaked was normally done so at ownership's behest.
Dempster Braves Trade: Most likely leaked by the Braves
Marmol Haren Trade: Marmol leaked it himself, like a moron.
Annabelle Trade: Probably done by his agent to drive up the price Detroit was willing to pay.

So, I'm going to go ahead and say, while it has happened to the Cubs a lot lately, not really Theo's fault.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Inder wrote:Cubs out on Sanchez, according to reports.
I'm pretty much never going to be excited about a Cub deal until the guy passes the physical.
Whomever is the "inside source" at Chicago is a fucking idiot. I know all the major twit-fucks have an inside guy at every team. This deal was "official" so was Haren for Marmol. Someone in that organization is a fucking loud mouth.
What's weird is that the Red Sox under Theo were generally pretty good about controlling leaks. What was leaked was normally done so at ownership's behest.
Annabelle Trade: Probably done by his agent to drive up the price Detroit was willing to pay.

So, I'm going to go ahead and say, while it has happened to the Cubs a lot lately, not really Theo's fault.
:shifty:

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:
Wolter wrote: I'm pretty much never going to be excited about a Cub deal until the guy passes the physical.

Hell hath no fury like a twee lesbian folkie scorned.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote: Whomever is the "inside source" at Chicago is a fucking idiot. I know all the major twit-fucks have an inside guy at every team. This deal was "official" so was Haren for Marmol. Someone in that organization is a fucking loud mouth.

This is what poisoned kool-aid looks like:

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote: What's weird is that the Red Sox under Theo were generally pretty good about controlling leaks. What was leaked was normally done so at ownership's behest.

Thank goodness you're back on track now...

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote: Dempster Braves Trade: Most likely leaked by the Braves

Thank goodness you're back on track now...

Do you think I'm not aware that I haven't yet woken up from the nightmare? :scared: God, 40% of the starts in the next two years …

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Not wanting to count chickens, but — Dickey, Johnson, Buehrle, Morrow, Romero, oh my!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Inder wrote:Not wanting to count chickens, but — Dickey, Johnson, Buehrle, Morrow, Romero, oh my!
Gonna suck horribly if you don't make the post-season. Just sayin' is all …

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

I am optimistic of our chances.

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Inder wrote:Not wanting to count chickens, but — Dickey, Johnson, Buehrle, Morrow, Romero, oh my!
Gonna suck horribly if you don't make the post-season. Just sayin' is all …
But think of how far under the luxury tax threshold they'll be when one of the LA teams swallows 7 of those contracts for a PTBNL at the deadline!

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

I didn't think there was a loser in the bunch when I thought of my preseason rotation last year. Ya gotta relieve and ya gotta hit.