MLB 2012

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: MLB 2012

Post by Dr. Medulla »

2007 seems so long ago.
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Holy shit here's hoping tep can keep Hamilton away from the hard stuff for the next half decade.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

I promise not to meet him until his contract is up.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Lock up your firefighters, Anaheim!
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Aaaand it's 2 yrs and $26.75M for the Dumpster. Him and Lackey making up 40% of the starts will make it a lot easier for me to figure out which games not to tune in for.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Man, Tep. It looks like the Angels just bought themselves...well, probably another first-round playoff elimination.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:Man, Tep. It looks like the Angels just bought themselves...well, probably another first-round playoff elimination.
Things are looking up for our werewolf.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:Aaaand it's 2 yrs and $26.75M for the Dumpster. Him and Lackey making up 40% of the starts will make it a lot easier for me to figure out which games not to tune in for.
That's not too bad. The strategy of a short term shore up of the back end of the rotation makes sense, even though it's not very exciting.

The FO clearly has a timetable of 2-3 years for our minor leaguers to get promoted to the big leagues, and is building with that model in mind. Dempster doesn't do anything to hamper that plan, and if Lester and Buccholz regain their form he should be a decent enough 4/5 starter to not totally kill the team.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:Aaaand it's 2 yrs and $26.75M for the Dumpster. Him and Lackey making up 40% of the starts will make it a lot easier for me to figure out which games not to tune in for.
That's not too bad. The strategy of a short term shore up of the back end of the rotation makes sense, even though it's not very exciting.

The FO clearly has a timetable of 2-3 years for our minor leaguers to get promoted to the big leagues, and is building with that model in mind. Dempster doesn't do anything to hamper that plan, and if Lester and Buccholz regain their form he should be a decent enough 4/5 starter to not totally kill the team.
It's a defensible strategy from a front office position. It's wretched from a Medulla position of not wanting to watch players who make me sad.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Wolter wrote:Man, Tep. It looks like the Angels just bought themselves...well, probably another first-round playoff elimination.
Fine with me, we haven't even had the chance for one since 2009.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
Neither have us have been in the playoffs since I moved to Ottawa. Sorry to tell you that I'm here for the foreseeable future.

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Flex wrote:

Plus the team has been sorely lacking in witty catchphrases since they stopped answering Kevin Millar's phone calls.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:
Neither have us have been in the playoffs since I moved to Ottawa. Sorry to tell you that I'm here for the foreseeable future.
Somebody Oughttawa kick your ass.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Now we can talk about Wolt's team. They signed Annabelle Sanchez.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:Now we can talk about Wolt's team. They signed Annabelle Sanchez.
Leaving contract length aside (and yes, I know that's important), that's less than two million more a year than what Dumpster is getting, plus Annie's pitching in a division that should give him a better chance to succeed. All in all, not bad.