Top 5 Comedians?

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen

Re: Top 5 Comedians?

Post by Wolter » 28 Aug 2016, 9:25am

tepista wrote:
tepista wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:
Chuck Mangione wrote:Observation: pretty much all of my favorite/the best comics are atheists.
"Mom, dad, the Lord has called me to serve the faith … as a juggler."
http://www.christiancomedyacts.com/jugglers/
Knock Knock
Who's There?
Alf
Alf who?
Alf Agsgotohell.

It's funny cuz its true
A priest, a rabbi, and whatever a muslim version of a priest is go to the gates of heaven. Only the priest got in.
Um, as someone raised Baptist, I can assure you, there are no Catholics in heaven.
"There's something more honest, he believed, about traditional methods of mass starvation, labour camps, and machine gunning millions to death. Stalin was a vinyl guy who sneered at Truman converting everything to compact disc." - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority » 28 Aug 2016, 9:46am

Wolter wrote:
tepista wrote:
tepista wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote: Image
Knock Knock
Who's There?
Alf
Alf who?
Alf Agsgotohell.

It's funny cuz its true
A priest, a rabbi, and whatever a muslim version of a priest is go to the gates of heaven. Only the priest got in.
Um, as someone raised Baptist, I can assure you, there are no Catholics in heaven.
And let me assure you, sir: transubstantiation is literally true.
'But also: hey dude, you can just go looking for more glasses. They're all free now. '

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex » 28 Aug 2016, 9:55am

Lol @ mlk
"I live inside my own heart, Matt Damon." - Prince

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

Wolter

Post by Wolter » 28 Aug 2016, 10:52pm

Silent Majority wrote:
Wolter wrote:
tepista wrote:
tepista wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Knock Knock
Who's There?
Alf
Alf who?
Alf Agsgotohell.

It's funny cuz its true
And let me assure you, sir: transubstantiation is literally true.
Like I said...
"There's something more honest, he believed, about traditional methods of mass starvation, labour camps, and machine gunning millions to death. Stalin was a vinyl guy who sneered at Truman converting everything to compact disc." - Thomas Jefferson

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla » 30 Aug 2016, 7:50am

Posthumous Carlin album coming out, collecting some unreleased material: http://www.salon.com/2016/08/29/george- ... o-release/
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla » 30 Aug 2016, 1:10pm

Norm Macdonald's brother does a bit of promo for the memoir: http://www.cbc.ca/news/arts/norm-macdon ... -1.3740268

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla » 22 Sep 2016, 1:27pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:Posthumous Carlin album coming out, collecting some unreleased material: http://www.salon.com/2016/08/29/george- ... o-release/
Listening to this right now. So far, a good bit on the evils of squealers, leading to him imagining Jesus beating the fuck out of Judas for ratting on him and demanding the thirty bucks.

JennyB
Clash Cuck

Post by JennyB » 22 Sep 2016, 1:32pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:Posthumous Carlin album coming out, collecting some unreleased material: http://www.salon.com/2016/08/29/george- ... o-release/
Listening to this right now. So far, a good bit on the evils of squealers, leading to him imagining Jesus beating the fuck out of Judas for ratting on him and demanding the thirty bucks.
One of the local radio guys had Kelly Carlin on the other day and it was a great interview. Of course, I have already forgotten the highlights of the conversation, but she is very dedicated to keeping his legacy going. What I wouldn't give to have him around during this shitshow of an election season.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla » 22 Sep 2016, 1:37pm

JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
One of the local radio guys had Kelly Carlin on the other day and it was a great interview. Of course, I have already forgotten the highlights of the conversation, but she is very dedicated to keeping his legacy going. What I wouldn't give to have him around during this shitshow of an election season.
I've read people claim that he'd be pro-Trump because Carlin was against political correctness. Lord, talk about misunderstanding the basic humanism that guided Carlin. I listened to her memoir several months ago. A very fucked up childhood, being raised by addicts and taking on a certain parental role with her parents. So it seems natural that she'd be protective of him going forward.

JennyB
Clash Cuck

Post by JennyB » 22 Sep 2016, 1:39pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I've read people claim that he'd be pro-Trump because Carlin was against political correctness. Lord, talk about misunderstanding the basic humanism that guided Carlin. I listened to her memoir several months ago. A very fucked up childhood, being raised by addicts and taking on a certain parental role with her parents. So it seems natural that she'd be protective of him going forward.
I need to read that.

Also, people are stupid.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Don't talk shop.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla » 22 Sep 2016, 2:07pm

JennyB wrote:I need to read that.

Also, people are stupid.
If you do audio or eBooks, I can help ya out …

JennyB
Clash Cuck

Post by JennyB » 22 Sep 2016, 2:48pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:I need to read that.

Also, people are stupid.
If you do audio or eBooks, I can help ya out …
I do ebooks! Thank you, kind sir.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Don't talk shop.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority » 23 Sep 2016, 7:45am

Poor old Terry Jones has been diagnosed with dementia at 74.
'But also: hey dude, you can just go looking for more glasses. They're all free now. '

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla » 23 Sep 2016, 7:53am

Silent Majority wrote:Poor old Terry Jones has been diagnosed with dementia at 74.
:( My favour of the Pythons. What a particularly cruel and unjust fate for someone of his abilities.

Wolter

Post by Wolter » 23 Sep 2016, 8:14am

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:Poor old Terry Jones has been diagnosed with dementia at 74.
:( My favour of the Pythons. What a particularly cruel and unjust fate for someone of his abilities.
Mine too. :(

I have a secret theory that a sign of comedic maturity is realizing how good Terry Jones was compared to the flashier members.