Top 5 Comedians?

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Top 5 Comedians?

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
31 Mar 2018, 1:44pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
31 Mar 2018, 8:39am
On Ricky Gervais losing the plot: https://thebaffler.com/latest/what-happ ... vais-james
Good read. If you haven't seen Merchant's Hello Ladies, it's excellent.
I watched a handful of episodes expecting to love it because Merchant is really fucking funny and charming, but it never clicked with me.
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

May as well use this thread. Watching the first part of the new HBO documentary about Garry Shandling. Yet another example of a really funny and reflective person and innovator of his craft who was insecure as fuck.
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
31 Mar 2018, 3:24pm
May as well use this thread. Watching the first part of the new HBO documentary about Garry Shandling. Yet another example of a really funny and reflective person and innovator of his craft who was insecure as fuck.
They revived his Twitter account to promote the doc — this was a bit unexpected in the morning:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I ended up chugging thru the second part, too, despite the whole thing being over four hours. His whole life arc is like a novel. Neurotic and struggling, dealing with a familial wound, slowly succeeding professionally, culminating in creating something brilliant and influential, yet at its peak the anxiety growing ever more paralyzing, and then psychological and physical ailments coming to dominate, and dying somewhat lost. Just heartbreaking and revealing of how psychological damage can generate wonderful creativity, but at such a personal cost. You just think, how is there any justice in that? Anyway, highly recommended despite, maybe because of the emotional rollercoaster the whole thing is.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Because Frank Stallone decided to, um, opine about kids not wanting to get killed, this compilation came up again.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

That Shandling doc sounds great.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/