Top 5 Comedians?

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Re: Top 5 Comedians?

Post by tepista »

Chuck Mangione wrote:Observation: pretty much all of my favorite/the best comics are atheists.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
Chuck Mangione wrote:Observation: pretty much all of my favorite/the best comics are atheists.
"Mom, dad, the Lord has called me to serve the faith … as a juggler."
http://www.christiancomedyacts.com/jugglers/
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:
Knock Knock
Who's There?
Alf
Alf who?
Alf Agsgotohell.

It's funny cuz its true

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

tepista wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:
Knock Knock
Who's There?
Alf
Alf who?
Alf Agsgotohell.

It's funny cuz its true
A priest, a rabbi, and whatever a muslim version of a priest is go to the gates of heaven. Only the priest got in.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

tepista wrote:
tepista wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:
Knock Knock
Who's There?
Alf
Alf who?
Alf Agsgotohell.

It's funny cuz its true
A priest, a rabbi, and whatever a muslim version of a priest is go to the gates of heaven. Only the priest got in.
What's the deal with scientists?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
tepista wrote:
tepista wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote: Image
Knock Knock
Who's There?
Alf
Alf who?
Alf Agsgotohell.

It's funny cuz its true
Can we talk in tongues?
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:
tepista wrote:
tepista wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote: "Mom, dad, the Lord has called me to serve the faith … as a juggler."
Knock Knock
Who's There?
Alf
Alf who?
Alf Agsgotohell.

It's funny cuz its true
Can we talk in tongues?
Athiests be all "look at me, I can sin all I want and it doesn't matter" but Christians be all "look at me, I can sin all I want and it doesn't matter as long as I confess"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:
tepista wrote:
tepista wrote: Knock Knock
Who's There?
Alf
Alf who?
Alf Agsgotohell.

It's funny cuz its true
Can we talk in tongues?
Athiests be all "look at me, I can sin all I want and it doesn't matter" but Christians be all "look at me, I can sin all I want and it doesn't matter as long as I confess"
What do you get when you cross an atheist, a Muslim, a Jew, a Hindu, and a Buddhist? I don't know, but you won't see them in heaven.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:
tepista wrote: A priest, a rabbi, and whatever a muslim version of a priest is go to the gates of heaven. Only the priest got in.
Can we talk in tongues?
What do you get when you cross an atheist, a Muslim, a Jew, a Hindu, and a Buddhist? I don't know, but you won't see them in heaven.
Q: What weighs most: Jesus, the Easter Bunny, or a Brontosaurus?
A: Jesus. There's no such thing as dinosaurs.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

tepista wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote: What's the deal with scientists?
Can we talk in tongues?
Rectum? It nearly crucified him!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
tepista wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote: What's the deal with scientists?
Can we talk in tongues?
Rectum? It nearly crucified him![/quote]
And so the kangaroo says to the bartender, "At these prices, I hope someone is praying that Jesus forgives your sins!"

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:
tepista wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote: What's the deal with scientists?
Can we talk in tongues?
And so the kangaroo says to the bartender, "At these prices, I hope someone is praying that Jesus forgives your sins!"[/quote]
Take my wife (her name is Eve and she is tempting me with an apple) please!
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:
tepista wrote:
Can we talk in tongues?
And so the kangaroo says to the bartender, "At these prices, I hope someone is praying that Jesus forgives your sins!"[/quote]
Take my wife (her name is Eve and she is tempting me with an apple) please![/quote]
And so the blasphemer said, "Live and let Leviticus." Then we stoned him.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:
tepista wrote:
Can we talk in tongues?
Take my wife (her name is Eve and she is tempting me with an apple) please![/quote]

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Zipped thru Bob Odenkirk's A Load of Hooey last night and dug this piece:

In the midst of the Freedom Riders summer, King was called upon to give a speech at the Rock of Abernathy Baptist Church in Abernathy, Mississippi. It was a hot summer, even for Mississippi, and King had had weeks to prepare this speech, but for some reason he dillydallied. If he was betting on rising to the occasion, he lost that bet.

People in attendance that day remember the speech as “the opposite of a shining moment” and “terrible.” Abernathy’s Reverend Fulton Slocum dismissed it as “a total waste of everyone’s time.”

While there is no medical proof, King scholars have ascribed his complete oratorical failure to “possibly low blood sugar” or “simply the greatest brain fart ever.”

Here, then, is a transcript of Martin Luther King Jr.’s worst speech ever.

LOOK UPON THINE FLYING EYEBALLS
by M.L.K. JR.
As transcribed, verbatim, from the actual event.

Uhh. Um. Hello. Hi. I was not told I would be speaking today, but, I guess—I’m Martin Luther King, I’m invited to a church, should’ve put two and two together.

[To himself] You can do this, King, come on, get it together.

[To the crowd] We stand together today, all of us, black and white. Well, there’s not so many white people here. [Squinting] Maybe some in the back. Not important, moving on.

All of us here today are a great conflagration! What? That’s not the word. Congregation. Not the same thing.

[Wipes his brow] Whew—it is hot in here. Man, it’s hot here in the great state of Kentucky.

[Whispers to the side] What’s that? Alabama? Mississippi? Okay, Mississippi. So why did that guy say Alabama? Yes, you did. You guys heard him. Whatever. That’s what I get for asking the peanut gallery to opine.

[To himself] Let it go, Martin. Back on track—

We stand together. Some of you are sitting, I know. But in your hearts you are standing! You are standing! No, you don’t have to stand up. Sit back down, please. Don’t listen to me. I mean, listen to me, but don’t do what I tell you to do. Just sit back down.

See, I can see into your hearts—your happy, hopeful hearts, some of them hurting, all hoping to heal. What the heck’s with the letter h all of a sudden?

[To himself] Back up, King, get on track here.

Your hearts can see—they do, they can see better things. The eyes in your hearts are hopeful! Hopeful eyes that fly with wings! Blind to hatred, blind to retribution. Blind eyes that fly! Think about that! Boy oh boy oh boy, that’s something, isn’t it? That…strains credulity.

Let me begin anew. Let us all begin anew: me with the talking, you with the listening.

Can I get an “Amen”?? I can’t? Okay…par for the course.

Wrap it up, Martin.

Okay…what I’m thinking of is…a metaphor. A glorious metaphor like a shining beacon. A profound, top-notch metaphor. Imagine, for me, if you will, a metaphor for suffering, for sorrow, for persecution, but also for redemption, for joy, for celebration. Wouldn’t that be great? Wouldn’t it? Is this mic on?

Okay, that’s all I got. I still have time? How about I do a Q and A? No? No questions? Criminy, it’s a steam bath in here.