Top 5 Comedians?

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Top 5 Comedians?

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Question for the Limeys: Am I missing something about Jimmy Carr? I gather he's popular over there, but he seems like a really unlikeable and smug prick. Which isn't bad if it's a persona that is intended for us to hate, but, no, he seems to like being an arrogant bastard.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Dr. Medulla wrote:Question for the Limeys: Am I missing something about Jimmy Carr? I gather he's popular over there, but he seems like a really unlikeable and smug prick. Which isn't bad if it's a persona that is intended for us to hate, but, no, he seems to like being an arrogant bastard.
Nope, you got him.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:Question for the Limeys: Am I missing something about Jimmy Carr? I gather he's popular over there, but he seems like a really unlikeable and smug prick. Which isn't bad if it's a persona that is intended for us to hate, but, no, he seems to like being an arrogant bastard.
Nope, you got him.
Well, that's disappointing. Perhaps he has a good scandal ready to descend upon him.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Yep he plays that up although can come out with some very funny one liners.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Nope, you got him.
Well, that's disappointing. Perhaps he has a good scandal ready to descend upon him.
He's a complete wanker.

Carr has been labelled a hypocrite for paying as little as one per cent income tax thanks to an avoidance scheme while poking fun at corporations which fail to pay their fair share.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

NoMoreHugh
Long Time Jerk
Location: Home is a black leather jacket fitting sweetly to my brain

Post by NoMoreHugh »

To be fair Jimmy Carr isnt doing anything illegal ! He has i believe returned that money and to his defense he claims that this was on advice from his accountants and didnt understand fully what it meant. If anyone here has accountants working your books you would fully appreciate what he is saying here.
If the governments dont like the loop holes they should patch them up - but oh then they wouldnt be able to take advatage of it either just like Tony Blair !

Comedians...
With out going through whether or not these guys are original or whether they are funny any more but these are some that have at some stage in my life really made me laugh hard.

Top ten straight off the top of my head.

Jack Dee
Sean Lock
Lee Mack
Peter Kaye
Denis Leary
Ricky Gervais
David Mitchell
Steve Wright (not the DJ)
Steve Martin
Ben Stiller

NoMoreHugh
Long Time Jerk

Post by NoMoreHugh »

Hes been around for a while now i know but i have only just recently seen how funny he can be.
I watched him on "Would i lie to you" talking about when he bought a horse in bulgaria. The way he skillfully made the surreal story he was telling even funnier with a dead pan face and confusing answers as the rest of the panel took the piss was a moment of great comedy. The others were makig the jokes but he did control the comedy with his answers and mannerisms - absolute genius

I couldnt watch this as it was blocked but i need to check out his stand up routine for sure.

Have to add this i am still laughing as i post

[youtube][/youtube]
jayrok wrote:Kevin Bridges "The Story So Far" dvd is the funniest stand up I've ever seen.
Here he is talking about the difference between an American party and a Scottish empty.

[youtube][/youtube]

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

[quote="NoMoreHugh"]To be fair Jimmy Carr isnt doing anything illegal ! He has i believe returned that money and to his defense he claims that this was on advice from his accountants and didnt understand fully what it meant. If anyone here has accountants working your books you would fully appreciate what he is saying here.
If the governments dont like the loop holes they should patch them up - but oh then they wouldnt be able to take advatage of it either just like Tony Blair !

He's still a twat regardless. "He didn't fully understand what it meant" like fuck he didn't!

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

NoMoreHugh wrote:Hes been around for a while now i know but i have only just recently seen how funny he can be.
I watched him on "Would i lie to you" talking about when he bought a horse in bulgaria. The way he skillfully made the surreal story he was telling even funnier with a dead pan face and confusing answers as the rest of the panel took the piss was a moment of great comedy. The others were makig the jokes but he did control the comedy with his answers and mannerisms - absolute genius

I couldnt watch this as it was blocked but i need to check out his stand up routine for sure.

[youtube][/youtube]
jayrok wrote:Kevin Bridges "The Story So Far" dvd is the funniest stand up I've ever seen.
Here he is talking about the difference between an American party and a Scottish empty.

[youtube][/youtube]
Kevin Bridges cracks me up a very funny guy.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

NoMoreHugh
Long Time Jerk

Post by NoMoreHugh »

I do believe him and at the end of the day he did the right thing unlike blair,google etc.

A twat - granted ! Its here I cant defend him I would add not funny too.
Marky Dread wrote:
NoMoreHugh wrote:To be fair Jimmy Carr isnt doing anything illegal ! He has i believe returned that money and to his defense he claims that this was on advice from his accountants and didnt understand fully what it meant. If anyone here has accountants working your books you would fully appreciate what he is saying here.

He's still a twat regardless. "He didn't fully understand what it meant" like fuck he didn't!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

NoMoreHugh wrote:I do believe him and at the end of the day he did the right thing unlike blair,google etc.

A twat - granted ! Its here I cant defend him I would add not funny too.
Marky Dread wrote:
NoMoreHugh wrote:To be fair Jimmy Carr isnt doing anything illegal ! He has i believe returned that money and to his defense he claims that this was on advice from his accountants and didnt understand fully what it meant. If anyone here has accountants working your books you would fully appreciate what he is saying here.

Fair enough but I don't think too many would argue that he's a intelligent man. Smart enough to know what he's doing. He has made me laugh at times but I really dislike his smug demeanor.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

NoMoreHugh wrote:Hes been around for a while now i know but i have only just recently seen how funny he can be.

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]
I remember that episode of Would I lie to you, very funny.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Not a fan of Lee Mack's sitcom however on Would I lie to You he and David Mitchel are very funny feeding of each other.

Boddington
Junco Partner

Post by Boddington »

I think Mike Birbiglia is one of my favorite modern comics. I've only seen My Girlfriend's Boyfriend and I'm now watching Sleepwalk with Me. It's worth watching if you haven't seen either of them yet.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Comedians suffering psychological disorder and other non-surprises: http://www.theguardian.com/stage/2014/a ... is-overlap