Thanks for the Ipod, Steve

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Thanks for the Ipod, Steve

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
04 Nov 2017, 5:08am
Kory wrote:
04 Nov 2017, 1:04am
Marky Dread wrote:
03 Nov 2017, 10:26pm
Kory wrote:
03 Nov 2017, 7:58pm
Christ, you guys are old.
Because...
the last time there was youth rebellion, now all the kids do is stare into their phones like zombies, they don't even talk to each other anymore
Don't forget how much people previously would stare at a newspaper or what have you. People have never talked to each other. It's a myth.
As for youth rebellion, you got Occupy, BLM, anti-fascists, all on the street taking direct action.
There aren't a lot of transhistorical constants, but disappointment in youth is most likely one of them.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

Kory wrote:
I used to take that as an insult, now I find it just amusing.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Kory wrote:
04 Nov 2017, 1:04am
Marky Dread wrote:
03 Nov 2017, 10:26pm
Kory wrote:
Because...
the last time there was youth rebellion, now all the kids do is stare into their phones like zombies, they don't even talk to each other anymore
Don't forget how much people previously would stare at a newspaper or what have you. People have never talked to each other. It's a myth.
I don't think it's a myth. I've taken direct action many times in my younger days. Too old now, no just wiser. Protest is great if for the correct cause and it's peaceful. Sadly I went on a few back in the day which were not peaceful and ended up in fights against the Nation Front which was just like football hooliganism. The problem with taking direct action is the government employ fuckers who will deliberately start trouble at your march and are only there for a good ruck. The riots here in London and surrounding cities a few years ago were shameful. I get you want your voice heard because no one is listening and that you are marginalised etc but when you have no money for food or clothing a new pair of Nike trainers will not make you any better off. Smashing shop windows of small businesses and that furniture store that was burned down was a very sad act. A families livelihood of over a 100 years destroyed in one nghts madness.

The mobile phone played a huge part in those riots with a knock on effect from city to city by young people seeing on media accounts what was happening elsewhere then mobilising because it seemed a cool thing to do.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

Fine answer Marky, very eloquent, much better than I could have ever put it.

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

https://www.salon.com/2018/03/04/the-fo ... teve-jobs/

On the other hand, the Nϋ Randoid herd ends up being continuously thinned by the windows in their own glass spaceship headquarters, so there is that. . . :meh: