Jeopardy

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Jeopardy

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
20 Feb 2018, 2:01pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Feb 2018, 1:55pm
tepista wrote:
20 Feb 2018, 1:42pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Feb 2018, 1:26pm
tepista wrote:
20 Feb 2018, 1:03pm
The Boomtown Rats was an answer on Jeop the other day, wife said "Why cousin't Jennifer be on THAT episode?"
Something to do with "I Don't Like Mondays" or Live Aid?
Both. The clue was the name of the song that the band performed at Live Aid. Bryan Adams was another one, and I forgot. Duran Duran.
Would it be in poor taste for them to have done Hungry Like the Wolf?
I think the clue was "New Moon on Monday" or something
Yeah, you definitely can't eat that.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Feb 2018, 3:01pm
tepista wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Feb 2018, 1:26pm

Something to do with "I Don't Like Mondays" or Live Aid?
Both. The clue was the name of the song that the band performed at Live Aid. Bryan Adams was another one, and I forgot. Duran Duran.
Not true. The moon is made of cheese.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
20 Feb 2018, 3:40pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:

If they'd ever actually send astronauts there, instead of Kubrick's set, we'd find out for sure!
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Feb 2018, 3:56pm
JennyB wrote:
20 Feb 2018, 3:40pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

If they'd ever actually send astronauts there, instead of Kubrick's set, we'd find out for sure!
Exactly.
Got a Rake? Sure!

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Jeopardy host Alex Trebek has been diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer. The 78-year-old Trebek broke the news in a video message Wednesday.

"Now, just like 50,000 other people in the United States each year, this week I was diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer. Now normally, the prognosis for this is not very encouraging, but I’m going to fight this, and I’m going to keep working. And with the love and support of my family and friends and with the help of your prayers also, I plan to beat the low survival rate statistics for this disease. Truth told, I have to! Because under the terms of my contract, I have to host Jeopardy! for three more years! So help me. Keep the faith and we’ll win. We’ll get it done. Thank you." - Alex Trebek
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
06 Mar 2019, 6:15pm
Jeopardy host Alex Trebek has been diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer. The 78-year-old Trebek broke the news in a video message Wednesday.

"Now, just like 50,000 other people in the United States each year, this week I was diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer. Now normally, the prognosis for this is not very encouraging, but I’m going to fight this, and I’m going to keep working. And with the love and support of my family and friends and with the help of your prayers also, I plan to beat the low survival rate statistics for this disease. Truth told, I have to! Because under the terms of my contract, I have to host Jeopardy! for three more years! So help me. Keep the faith and we’ll win. We’ll get it done. Thank you." - Alex Trebek
Oof, that age and that stage isn't good.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Mar 2019, 6:22pm
tepista wrote:

No. It's really sad. Good for him for saying he's going to fight, but he does not have long. It's devastating.
Got a Rake? Sure!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

JennyB wrote:
07 Mar 2019, 10:47am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:

No. It's really sad. Good for him for saying he's going to fight, but he does not have long. It's devastating.
My neighbor got this a few years back. He was in his 30s it hit him hard and fast. It was like 6 months from diagnosis to death. It's a fucking awful sickness.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

revbob wrote:
07 Mar 2019, 5:33pm
JennyB wrote:
07 Mar 2019, 10:47am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:

My neighbor got this a few years back. He was in his 30s it hit him hard and fast. It was like 6 months from diagnosis to death. It's a fucking awful sickness.
Yep. My dad was one of the few who got diagnosed relatively early (right before my J! appearance, actually). He lived for two years with it, which is a long time.
Got a Rake? Sure!

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Clash, Pistols, MC5, and 2 more I can't remember were answers in a punk category yesterday

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

tepista wrote:
09 Mar 2019, 10:04pm
Clash, Pistols, MC5, and 2 more I can't remember were answers in a punk category yesterday
maybe Ramones. No GG Allin

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

tepista wrote:
09 Mar 2019, 10:05pm
tepista wrote:
09 Mar 2019, 10:04pm
maybe Ramones. No GG Allin
no, Social Distortion and Green Day. I found a website that has all the questions from every day, wow, someone has some spare time.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

https://deadspin.com/what-its-like-to-g ... 1834482418

I haven't watched any episodes with this guy, but it's weird to me the people complaining about him and his style. Bottom line is that he gets the answers right and has enough faith in himself to risk the money. It's not like he's cheating—he's going all in on his ability.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 May 2019, 10:32am

I haven't watched any episodes with this guy, but it's weird to me the people complaining about him and his style. Bottom line is that he gets the answers right and has enough faith in himself to risk the money. It's not like he's cheating—he's going all in on his ability.
That's not the part that bothers me about him. It's the smugness, rudeness and overall incel vibe I get from the guy. I know he's married, but he just strikes me as having an incel personality. He's rude to Alex. I have been told by members of his contestant cohort (I am in two Facebook groups for former contestants - one that is solely for women. Guess who has the most complaints about him) that he has been extremely rude to Maggie Speak, who is a beloved producer and basically the coolest person in the world. He has not, shockingly, been rude to the male producers. I actually spoke on the phone with the woman who was up against him last Thursday - he husband is currently being treated for cancer and she wanted to talk to someone who was in the same boat. Anyway, she said he was the most awful person she has ever met in her life. I'm sure some of that stems from losing to the guy, but I believe her. People used to criticize Ken Jennings, but I feel like there was a sweetness and self-deprecation about him that this guy doesn't seem to have.

I, for one, cannot wait until he loses. And I really hope it is to a woman.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
07 May 2019, 11:24am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 May 2019, 10:32am

That's not the part that bothers me about him. It's the smugness, rudeness and overall incel vibe I get from the guy. I know he's married, but he just strikes me as having an incel personality. He's rude to Alex. I have been told by members of his contestant cohort (I am in two Facebook groups for former contestants - one that is solely for women. Guess who has the most complaints about him) that he has been extremely rude to Maggie Speak, who is a beloved producer and basically the coolest person in the world. He has not, shockingly, been rude to the male producers. I actually spoke on the phone with the woman who was up against him last Thursday - he husband is currently being treated for cancer and she wanted to talk to someone who was in the same boat. Anyway, she said he was the most awful person she has ever met in her life. I'm sure some of that stems from losing to the guy, but I believe her. People used to criticize Ken Jennings, but I feel like there was a sweetness and self-deprecation about him that this guy doesn't seem to have.

I, for one, cannot wait until he loses. And I really hope it is to a woman.
Ah, I see. As I said, I've never seen any of his episodes. If he's rude, well, he fails the entertainment function of the show and as a human being.