Shows You Aren't Watching that Rule

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Re: Shows You Aren't Watching that Rule

Post by JennyB »

Rat Patrol wrote:
tepista wrote:
Sheen appeared Monday as the "victim" of a Comedy Central roast that reached 6.4 million people. That is the second most-watched telecast in the cable network's history, behind only Jeff Dunham's holiday special in 2008.
the Jeff Dunham Holiday Special was the most watched telecast in CC history? What the fuck is wrong with people?
My aunts and uncles are cultists for that guy. Every time I go visit I hear "Ya gotta see this guy! He's hilarious!", and then everyone's gathered around the TV after dinner while they pop in one of his DVD's or a DVR of his last standup special.

This has happened like 5 times in the last 3 years. And I have gotten a Dunham DVD as a Xmas gift once. It went in a truck stop trash can on the drive home.

I think this is making up for all the times I wasn't molested as a child.
That's like how my horrible sister-in-law is with Dane Cook. Send them to Gitmo.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Wolter wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Wolter wrote:
tepista wrote:
Sheen appeared Monday as the "victim" of a Comedy Central roast that reached 6.4 million people. That is the second most-watched telecast in the cable network's history, behind only Jeff Dunham's holiday special in 2008.
the Jeff Dunham Holiday Special was the most watched telecast in CC history? What the fuck is wrong with people?
Bear in mind the season premiere of Two and a Half men was one of the most successful of all time.

I hate everything and everyone.
and then Del Boy fell through the bar...........
I only know what that is from Stewart Lee making fun of how unfunny it is.
Nah, that was a JFK moment for most Limeys. Everyone can remember where they were when Del Boy fell through the bar.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Heston wrote:
Wolter wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Wolter wrote:
tepista wrote: the Jeff Dunham Holiday Special was the most watched telecast in CC history? What the fuck is wrong with people?
Bear in mind the season premiere of Two and a Half men was one of the most successful of all time.

I hate everything and everyone.
and then Del Boy fell through the bar...........
I only know what that is from Stewart Lee making fun of how unfunny it is.
Nah, that was a JFK moment for most Limeys. Everyone can remember where they were when Del Boy fell through the bar.
I thought that Stewart Lee sketch was funny. If you isolate the scenario (Del Boy falling through the bar and Trigger pulling a face) you have to question its standing as a 'classic' comedy moment, the point he was making, however there was about 10 years build up to to that punchline which makes it a classic comedy moment.

River
Long Time Jerk

Post by River »

JennyB wrote:If you all have HBO and are not watching Curb, you are missing out. Last night's episode was KILLER.
I love that show. just a few years ago I found out about it and since then I can't stop watching it. Especially the new season, Larry's black friend is hilarious.

Chuck Mangione
Spitting Image

Post by Chuck Mangione »

JennyB wrote:
Rat Patrol wrote:
tepista wrote:
My aunts and uncles are cultists for that guy. Every time I go visit I hear "Ya gotta see this guy! He's hilarious!", and then everyone's gathered around the TV after dinner while they pop in one of his DVD's or a DVR of his last standup special.

This has happened like 5 times in the last 3 years. And I have gotten a Dunham DVD as a Xmas gift once. It went in a truck stop trash can on the drive home.

I think this is making up for all the times I wasn't molested as a child.
That's like how my horrible sister-in-law is with Dane Cook. Send them to Gitmo.
Oh man, I know how you guys feel.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Loved the first two episodes of American Horror Story. It has potential to rock, we'll see.

http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/originals/ahs/index.php
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

tepista wrote:Loved the first two episodes of American Horror Story. It has potential to rock, we'll see.

I've been watching it too. I haven't seen the secon episode yet, but i loved the first. Though Dylan McDermott (or is it Dermot Mulroony? I can't tell the difference) is so damn bland.
Got a Rake? Sure!

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

JennyB wrote:
tepista wrote:Loved the first two episodes of American Horror Story. It has potential to rock, we'll see.

I've been watching it too. I haven't seen the secon episode yet, but i loved the first. Though Dylan McDermott (or is it Dermot Mulroony? I can't tell the difference) is so damn bland.
Why can't it be Dermot McDermott? And why can't he put on clothes?

"This program contains violence, adult language and nudity" I immediately said to wife: "It's gonna be man-ass."

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

tepista wrote:
JennyB wrote:

Why can't it be Dermot McDermott? And why can't he put on clothes?

"This program contains violence, adult language and nudity" I immediately said to wife: "It's gonna be man-ass."
At least it's not Dennis Franz.
Got a Rake? Sure!

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

I'm watching now. The intro is so creepy. It's scaring my dog.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Heston

Post by Heston »

Just watched the first episode of the second season of The Walking Dead. Fucking great show.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Heston wrote:Just watched the first episode of the second season of The Walking Dead. Fucking great show.
Hillbillies just HAVE to shoot deer on sight. They couldn't not shoot a deer if they tried. I can't believe there are any deer left.

Heston

Post by Heston »

tepista wrote:
Heston wrote:Just watched the first episode of the second season of The Walking Dead. Fucking great show.
Hillbillies just HAVE to shoot deer on sight. They couldn't not shoot a deer if they tried. I can't believe there are any deer left.
I'll wait for Wolt to confirm that.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Heston wrote:
tepista wrote:
He's got one deer in his his truck, and parts of another in his teeth as we speak.

Heston

Post by Heston »

tepista wrote:
Heston wrote:
tepista wrote:
He's got one deer in his his truck, and parts of another in his teeth as we speak.
He's got one hand in his pocket, and the other's shooting a Caribou: Alanis Morrisette, 1996.