Shows You Aren't Watching that Rule

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Shows You Aren't Watching that Rule

Post by Dr. Medulla »

biopunk wrote:Shit! If Mrs. M likes Charlie "Jax Teller" Hunnam, then I have to break it to ya Doc: Your wife digs Geordies! :whoa:
She is aware of that perversion, yes. I'm hoping she can recover now that the show is over.
revbob wrote:I was switching channels last night and saw the stupid blonde guy do the head on with a semi driven by Michael Chicklets from the Shield fame
Hey, he's The Commish!
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
biopunk wrote:Shit! If Mrs. M likes Charlie "Jax Teller" Hunnam, then I have to break it to ya Doc: Your wife digs Geordies! :whoa:
She is aware of that perversion, yes. I'm hoping she can recover now that the show is over.
revbob wrote:I was switching channels last night and saw the stupid blonde guy do the head on with a semi driven by Michael Chicklets from the Shield fame
Hey, he's The Commish!
Oh yeah my dad used to watch that one. Which I just found out was a dramedy.
I just assumed his character is always the bull in the China shop solving cases with his gut.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:Oh yeah my dad used to watch that one. Which I just found out was a dramedy.
I just assumed his character is always the bull in the China shop solving cases with his gut.
I've never actually seen a single minute of it. I just found the name funny/dumb.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

The boss and I have started watching the original Battlestar Galactica. I don't think it can be emphasized enough the torment of Baltar, forced to sit hour after hour on that high pillar in the dark, a single light aimed at the bottom of his face. Torturous.

Also, why did the white people get classical or biblical names like Apollo, Athena, or Adama, while the black characters got stuck with names like Boomer and Tigh?

And I hate that kid and his fucking dogbot all over again.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Original Battlestar Galactica is essentially unwatchable. Just trying to make it through the pilot is pure torture.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:Original Battlestar Galactica is essentially unwatchable. Just trying to make it through the pilot is pure torture.
It is hilariously nebulous. For all the shit Lucas gets (much of it deserved), the original Star Wars was simple to explain, which was undoubtedly part of its appeal. The BG pilot (which actually had a theatrical release outside the US) is equal parts murky and half-baked. But I adored it as a kid. I told B that it led to my first ever paying job. I wanted a particular BG toy—it was a big hunk of plastic that launched plastic-rubber Viper ships by elastic bands; hey, it seemed cool at the time—and my mother told me I'd have to raise the cash on my own. So, at age nine I got my first paper route. I also remember an episode (the pilot, according to Wikipedia) being interrupted by the announcement of the Camp David Accords. My everlasting hatred of Egypt, Israel, and Jimmy Carter trace to that moment.

biopunk
Unknown Immortal

Post by biopunk »

Dr. Medulla wrote:The boss and I have started watching the original Battlestar Galactica. I don't think it can be emphasized enough the torment of Baltar, forced to sit hour after hour on that high pillar in the dark, a single light aimed at the bottom of his face. Torturous.

Also, why did the white people get classical or biblical names like Apollo, Athena, or Adama, while the black characters got stuck with names like Boomer and Tigh?

And I hate that kid and his fucking dogbot all over again.

It's not a fucking dogbot! It's called a daggit. Named Muffit. :disshame:

Didn't that have everything to do with Larson's Mormonism?

Dr. Medulla wrote:I also remember an episode (the pilot, according to Wikipedia) being interrupted by the announcement of the Camp David Accords. My everlasting hatred of Egypt, Israel, and Jimmy Carter trace to that moment.

I felt the same way towards Catholics & Beatles fans, but with the two dead Popes and John Lennon funerals interrupting my Saturday Morning Cartoons...

Flex wrote:Original Battlestar Galactica is essentially unwatchable.

GET OFF MY LAWN AND GO DIE A SNOW-COVERED DEATH IN A TREE-WELL YOU HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE, EXPLOITED-LISTENING, REVISIONIST SCI-FI-LOVING WHIPPERSNAPPER!!! :mad:
Chewing oot a rhythm on my bubblegum

Flex

Post by Flex »

I'm not a huge fan of the reboot either, tbh. Watchable in a post-Babylon 5 way, but overrated by all nerds.

Also, and I have this complaint about a lot of stuff, NOT ENOUGH EXPLOITED

Pex Lives!

Flex

Post by Flex »

Really, only Exploited albums have enough Exploited. Exploited concerts are marred by moments when something other than the Exploited is happening.

Pex Lives!

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Flex wrote:Really, only Exploited albums have enough Exploited. Exploited concerts are marred by moments when something other than the Exploited is happening.
What if the Exploited could be injected with the Exploited to create some sort of Super-Exploited? Why hasn't this happened?
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Flex

Post by Flex »

Wolter wrote:
Flex wrote:Really, only Exploited albums have enough Exploited. Exploited concerts are marred by moments when something other than the Exploited is happening.
What if the Exploited could be injected with the Exploited to create some sort of Super-Exploited? Why hasn't this happened?
Arguably the only truly appropriate application of the phrase "fuck yeah, science"

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

biopunk wrote:Didn't that have everything to do with Larson's Mormonism?
Yeah, I've read a couple things in passing that the whole show is Mormons in Space. I explained to B at the start that the show is basically Lorne Greene as Mitt Romney travelling to Utah.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Flex wrote:Original Battlestar Galactica is essentially unwatchable. Just trying to make it through the pilot is pure torture.
Yeah I agree with this. I never tried to watch the new one. Then there was this Buck Rogers show completely horrible.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
Yeah I agree with this. I never tried to watch the new one. Then there was this Buck Rogers show completely horrible.
I loved that show. It had Mel Blanc! :(

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
I loved that show. It had Mel Blanc! :(
According to IMDB it also had Gary Coleman and Jamie Lee Curtis (top on I presume) for two episodes each. That fucking robot thing was the worst though. Also while this show was running and I guess fairly popular Gil Gerard aka Buck Rogers went to eat at a real swanky restaurant where my cousin worked as a car attendant. Ol' Gil gave him a full american dollar as a tip