Shows You Aren't Watching that Rule

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Re: Shows You Aren't Watching that Rule

Post by tepista »

101Walterton wrote:Just finished series 2 of Hannibal :scared:
I thought it started brilliantly and then just got better and better right to the last scene of the last episode.
I didnt really like it, but I stuck with it and the last ep was pretty powerful as I recall.

No complaints adding scream queen Katherine Isabelle to the cast.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

tepista wrote:
I thought it started brilliantly and then just got better and better right to the last scene of the last episode.
I didnt really like it, but I stuck with it and the last ep was pretty powerful as I recall.

I had to Google who Katherine Isabelle was, but I thought all the lead actors / characters were great. Gillian Anderson came into her own at the end.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

101Walterton wrote:
tepista wrote:

I had to Google who Katherine Isabelle was, but I thought all the lead actors / characters were great. Gillian Anderson came into her own at the end.
Katherine was the pig farmer's sister who banged Will.

I'll tell you a character I didn't like, the lady who worked for FBI and watched his dogs sometimes. She was a Grade A Dumb Broad. (character, that is, I don't know the lady who plays her)

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

tepista wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
tepista wrote:

I'll tell you a character I didn't like, the lady who worked for FBI and watched his dogs sometimes. She was a Grade A Dumb Broad. (character, that is, I don't know the lady who plays her)
Yes she was although it was a very well acted Grade A Dumb Broad :mrgreen:

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

101Walterton wrote:
tepista wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
tepista wrote:

One thing, and Dexter has the same problem, every goddman serial killer is a motherfucking artist, creating human mountains, etc. Like something that's never happened ever, and in this small locale it happens from 6 different guys in one year! Is there not a single security camera in the whole damn state?

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

tepista wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
tepista wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
tepista wrote: I didnt really like it, but I stuck with it and the last ep was pretty powerful as I recall.

One thing, and Dexter has the same problem, every goddman serial killer is a motherfucking artist, creating human mountains, etc. Like something that's never happened ever, and in this small locale it happens from 6 different guys in one year! Is there not a single security camera in the whole damn state?
And they never found a microscopic shread of DNA evidence. I know Hannibal wore a plastic suit but where was his hair net???

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

It makes Fishburne's character look stupid.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Just been watching "The Wrong Mans" James Corden's new black comedy, great fun.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Something I just learned: When the wife is watching the final episode of Sons of Anarchy, SILENCE IS MANDATORY!!!

Something I already knew: I don't get the appeal of Sons of Anarchy, but I'm glad that I won't have to set the timer for her anymore.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

biopunk
Unknown Immortal

Post by biopunk »

Dr. Medulla wrote:Something I just learned: When the wife is watching the final episode of Sons of Anarchy, SILENCE IS MANDATORY!!!

Something I already knew: I don't get the appeal of Sons of Anarchy, but I'm glad that I won't have to set the timer for her anymore.
It lost my interest in Season 3, but I binge-watched that and Season 4 in time for 5, and have really enjoyed the last 2 seasons. Would have been better with a 5 seasons in total, IMHO, but the cast has been fantastic. (I'm guessing Mrs. Medulla is a Kim Coates fan, because, SASKATCHEWAN!)
Chewing oot a rhythm on my bubblegum

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

biopunk wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:Something I just learned: When the wife is watching the final episode of Sons of Anarchy, SILENCE IS MANDATORY!!!

It lost my interest in Season 3, but I binge-watched that and Season 4 in time for 5, and have really enjoyed the last 2 seasons. Would have been better with a 5 seasons in total, IMHO, but the cast has been fantastic. (I'm guessing Mrs. Medulla is a Kim Coates fan, because, SASKATCHEWAN!)
I don't know of any Saskatchewan connection—she's from Sask? The bits I've seen is just dirtbags shooting each other and smacking around women. I assume there's more to it than that, but it doesn't appeal to me.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

biopunk wrote:

I watched the first few seasons, but when they took a plane to Ireland and beat up the entire police force at the airport, I was like, "OK, bye."

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

biopunk wrote: (I'm guessing Mrs. Medulla is a Kim Coates fan, because, SASKATCHEWAN!)
That's Tootie from Facts of Life, right?

biopunk
Unknown Immortal

Post by biopunk »

tepista wrote:
biopunk wrote: (I'm guessing Mrs. Medulla is a Kim Coates fan, because, SASKATCHEWAN!)
That's Tootie from Facts of Life, right?
If it is, she's had more than some work done.

Kim Coates

Dr. Medulla wrote: I don't know of any Saskatchewan connection—she's from Sask? The bits I've seen is just dirtbags shooting each other and smacking around women. I assume there's more to it than that, but it doesn't appeal to me.
Shit! If Mrs. M likes Charlie "Jax Teller" Hunnam, then I have to break it to ya Doc: Your wife digs Geordies! :whoa:
Chewing oot a rhythm on my bubblegum

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

tepista wrote:
biopunk wrote:

I watched the first few seasons, but when they took a plane to Ireland and beat up the entire police force at the airport, I was like, "OK, bye."
Yeah because the RUC/NIPS/PSNI are such models of restrain't they wouldn't just shoot them.

I'm with Doc I'm glad it's over I watched a few episodes but lost interest quickly.
I was switching channels last night and saw the stupid blonde guy do the head on with a semi driven by Michael Chicklets from the Shield fame