Shows You Aren't Watching that Rule

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Re: Shows You Aren't Watching that Rule

Post by tepista »

Yes, Breaking Bad is fantastic. Walking Dead was very good too, I think it sets itself for even better things.
Chuck Mangione wrote:Jon Benjamin Has a Van.
I like it so far, my wife doesn't. :huh:
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Colin
Junco Partner

Post by Colin »

I found Jon Benjamin Has A Van to be really freakin' random. Which isn't a bad thing.
Everyone and everything that wasn't a stupendous badass was dead.

Chuck Mangione
Spitting Image

Post by Chuck Mangione »

New Louie tonight on FX 10:30 P.M. eastern time.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

So back to Children's Hospital, season one was "webisodes" and S2 & 3 are on Adult Swim. Here's the first episode, it's only 5 minutes long, I fucking promise you it's fucking 'Larry-ous.

[youtube][/youtube]

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

I woke up this morning and, somehow or another, I now own the first two seasons of Mad Men on DVD. I've never seen it, so hopefully it'll live up to the hype. Now that I've finished Deadwood - which delighted me - hopefully this'll be another great show to fill the time.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:I woke up this morning and, somehow or another, I now own the first two seasons of Mad Men on DVD. I've never seen it, so hopefully it'll live up to the hype. Now that I've finished Deadwood - which delighted me - hopefully this'll be another great show to fill the time.
I'll be curious to see how it plays out for you given that it's rooted in another culture's history. I think it's exceptional serial storytelling—one of the great dramas in television history—but how much of that is because I have a recognizable connection to that past? More so, because my interest in American history is primarily the 1950s and '60s, I'm immediately drawn to the macro events in which the characters live. So my own preferences influence my love of the show. But I do think that it's a rare instance where the program does live up to the hype.
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:I woke up this morning and, somehow or another, I now own the first two seasons of Mad Men on DVD. I've never seen it, so hopefully it'll live up to the hype. Now that I've finished Deadwood - which delighted me - hopefully this'll be another great show to fill the time.
I'll be curious to see how it plays out for you given that it's rooted in another culture's history. I think it's exceptional serial storytelling—one of the great dramas in television history—but how much of that is because I have a recognizable connection to that past? More so, because my interest in American history is primarily the 1950s and '60s, I'm immediately drawn to the macro events in which the characters live. So my own preferences influence my love of the show. But I do think that it's a rare instance where the program does live up to the hype.
I adore serialised dramas of this kind. The Sopranos, Deadwood, The Wire, Breaking Bad. They're all just rich places to spend time, and the only way to watch them is on DVD late at night; trying to go to sleep after a cliffhanger and not stick the next episode on. I've got high expectations - will report back.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

If you all have HBO and are not watching Curb, you are missing out. Last night's episode was KILLER.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:If you all have HBO and are not watching Curb, you are missing out. Last night's episode was KILLER.
Definitely one of the best of the entire series. Who wouldn't have thought Sammy would be exactly like her mother?
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:If you all have HBO and are not watching Curb, you are missing out. Last night's episode was KILLER.
Definitely one of the best of the entire series. Who wouldn't have thought Sammy would be exactly like her mother?
When she called him a bald fuck or asshole -- that was so great. I think my favorite line though was when Funkhouser said "If Rabin can break bread with Arafat, I can have chicken at this anti-Semitic shithole." Or "You're Koufaxing us?"
Got a Rake? Sure!

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
When she called him a bald fuck or asshole -- that was so great. I think my favorite line though was when Funkhouser said "If Rabin can break bread with Arafat, I can have chicken at this anti-Semitic shithole." Or "You're Koufaxing us?"
LOL Jenny, LOL.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

tepista wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
LOL Jenny, LOL.
Gulp...AHHHHHHHHHH
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote: I think my favorite line though was when Funkhouser said "If Rabin can break bread with Arafat, I can have chicken at this anti-Semitic shithole."
Yep—high point line.

modskin
Unknown Immortal

Post by modskin »

The wife and I just finished all 3 seasons of Sons of Anarchy. If you are not watching that show, you are missing the fuck out.

About to start Breaking Bad until season 4 of SOA comes out in September.

I've watched about the first season of Deadwood, but got off track.

Mad Men is consistently amazing. Too bad there's no new episodes until January 2012. We own the first 3 seasons on DVD.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

modskin wrote:The wife and I just finished all 3 seasons of Sons of Anarchy. If you are not watching that show, you are missing the fuck out.
I liked the first two seasons, but I thought the Ireland trip was ridiculous. Runnin around a foreign country, beating up cops, that was was too much, so I quit. And if one more motherfucker said "Aye"......
modskin wrote: About to start Breaking Bad until season 4 of SOA comes out in September.
Hands down the best current drama on TV