NFL Mega Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Re: NFL Mega Thread

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

I would've rejected them with malice just for calling whatever it is they do "its platforms". :shifty:

BostonBeaneater

Football is so stupid.

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Chargers now to fail to sell out, have games on local TV in L.A. instead. Feel the excitement. :|

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2686 ... s-reaction

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2017/01/17/e ... l-twitter/

On the other hand, he was a little off on the rain/sleet line on the other day's forecast so all's fair. Image

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Heading to his 7th Super Bowl...
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

LOL. Peyton is speaking at a GOP retreat with Donald Trump and Mike Pence: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nf ... /96984714/

What a great day. I can't wait to bring this up to Broncos fans for the rest of my natural life. At least Brady pretends to not support Trump's politics.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
27 Jan 2017, 3:39pm
LOL. Peyton is speaking at a GOP retreat with Donald Trump and Mike Pence: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nf ... /96984714/

What a great day. I can't wait to bring this up to Broncos fans for the rest of my natural life. At least Brady pretends to not support Trump's politics.
"The best thing about Peyton Manning is not his skill as a quarterback but the example he sets for the rest of us, especially for young Americans,” Alexander said.
Read: Blame your teammates when you lose.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Jan 2017, 3:46pm
Flex wrote:

"The best thing about Peyton Manning is not his skill as a quarterback but the example he sets for the rest of us, especially for young Americans,” Alexander said.
And take drugs to make your head bigger.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
27 Jan 2017, 4:04pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Jan 2017, 3:46pm
Flex wrote:

And take drugs to make your head bigger.
Kids, don't settle for a regular ol' forehead. Aim for a fivehead, maybe even a sixhead!
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Finished reading The Headbangers the other day, about the NFL in the 70s. The game was a lot more brutal back then, but there's a rawness that appeals compared to the corporate sheen that covers football (and other sports) now. I watched a few games on youtube because of it. Super Bowl X, the first Steelers-Cowboys match-up—fuck, it's so damned natural to hate the Cowboys and Tom Landry out there looking like a bible salesman. And this morning I watched the Epic in Miami. I remember watching it as a kid and it's still a helluva game even knowing the outcome. What struck me most is how much the announcers are into calling a game and nothing but. Utter antithesis of Joe Buck's soap opera obsessions and bored stats recitations.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Jan 2017, 11:27am
—fuck, it's so damned natural to hate the Cowboys and Tom Landry out there looking like a bible salesman. ...
Yeah hating the Cowboys is something I carry to this day.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

:twitch: :twitch: :twitch: :twitch: :twitch:

BostonBeaneater

Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Jan 2017, 3:21pm

:twitch: :twitch: :twitch: :twitch: :twitch:
Did you not know about that one?