FAO Hoy

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Re: FAO Hoy

Post by matedog » 24 Jul 2017, 11:35am

JennyB wrote:
24 Jul 2017, 10:39am
matedog wrote:
24 Jul 2017, 10:05am
Spiff wrote:
23 Jul 2017, 9:51pm
Hey Matey,

I finally got around to watching a DVD of The Rise and Fall of The Clash.

Please tell me, because I've forgotten, what your contribution was to that fine film.

Thanks.
The main things were interviewing Rudy and Pearl. I also helped with like providing bootlegs and stuff for some tracks they ended up using (Hate and War from that Leceister 77 show for example).
That is super cool. What a great experience. How did that come to be?
Danny Garcia was researching live tracks and 1984 footage that he could use and messaged me on youtube about a bunch of the uploads on my channel. We did a ton of back and forth as the project was developing. He needed someone to interview Pearl in LA and they asked me to go down. Rudy lives near me and he came down since I guess he knows her as well, so we interviewed both on the same day. I had met Rudy at Bay Area Clash events like Strummerville a number of times, but had never met Pearl. She was as cool as you would imagine and her house was filled with the coolest vintage stuff. My friend is a director and he hooked me up with a camera man who ended up flaking. I called my director friend up that morning and he came out and filmed it. He didn't have a tripod on him, so those interviews are a little shakier than the others, but it actually doesn't look too bad.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla » 24 Jul 2017, 12:29pm

I was inspired(?) to revisit the discussion thread for the film (starting in the low page 30s) and experience again the frustration of those who didn't watch the movie but were nonetheless disappointed and betrayed by it. The miasma of the Clash really can't be contained.
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

JennyB
Clash Cuck

Post by JennyB » 24 Jul 2017, 1:41pm

matedog wrote:
24 Jul 2017, 11:35am
JennyB wrote:
24 Jul 2017, 10:39am
matedog wrote:
24 Jul 2017, 10:05am
Spiff wrote:
23 Jul 2017, 9:51pm
Hey Matey,

I finally got around to watching a DVD of The Rise and Fall of The Clash.

Please tell me, because I've forgotten, what your contribution was to that fine film.

Thanks.
The main things were interviewing Rudy and Pearl. I also helped with like providing bootlegs and stuff for some tracks they ended up using (Hate and War from that Leceister 77 show for example).
That is super cool. What a great experience. How did that come to be?
Danny Garcia was researching live tracks and 1984 footage that he could use and messaged me on youtube about a bunch of the uploads on my channel. We did a ton of back and forth as the project was developing. He needed someone to interview Pearl in LA and they asked me to go down. Rudy lives near me and he came down since I guess he knows her as well, so we interviewed both on the same day. I had met Rudy at Bay Area Clash events like Strummerville a number of times, but had never met Pearl. She was as cool as you would imagine and her house was filled with the coolest vintage stuff. My friend is a director and he hooked me up with a camera man who ended up flaking. I called my director friend up that morning and he came out and filmed it. He didn't have a tripod on him, so those interviews are a little shakier than the others, but it actually doesn't look too bad.
That is fantastic. Thanks for that.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder » 28 Aug 2017, 11:55am