People who are on twitter.

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Re: People who are on twitter.

Post by Heston »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:Andy Partridge has just answered my tweet, I'm swooning like a fanboy bitch here.
The wonders of the Information Age, where an old-fashioned "Leave me the fuck alone, you sad asshole" makes one swoon. ;)
That would actually have sufficed.

:!:
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:Andy Partridge has just answered my tweet, I'm swooning like a fanboy bitch here.
The wonders of the Information Age, where an old-fashioned "Leave me the fuck alone, you sad asshole" makes one swoon. ;)

What was the question/response?

Next, you should try to find the members of Starship on Twitter! I hear that one guy's handle is @wbtcorarsux
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

JennyB wrote:
Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Next, you should try to find the members of Starship on Twitter! I hear that one guy's handle is @wbtcorarsux
Sounds like the typically subversive actions of a Starship member.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

JennyB wrote:
Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Was just some muso question about his favourite guitar solo on an XTC record.

Bernie Taupin was the co-writer of WBTCORAR, that's who I need to target with questions about subversion.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Minnie Driver and I have exchanged tweets twice. So, basically, we're best friends now. This means I am only one degree away from Joe Strummer. Snewsy!
Got a Rake? Sure!

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

JennyB wrote:Minnie Driver and I have exchanged tweets twice. So, basically, we're best friends now. This means I am only one degree away from Joe Strummer. Snewsy!
She still purging, or has she finally come to grips with the fact that the mid-90's cherubic look was the best period of her career?

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Rat Patrol wrote:
JennyB wrote:Minnie Driver and I have exchanged tweets twice. So, basically, we're best friends now. This means I am only one degree away from Joe Strummer. Snewsy!
She still purging, or has she finally come to grips with the fact that the mid-90's cherubic look was the best period of her career?
She looks great either way (and I don't think she has bulimia)!

She was actually in The Jortsville over the weekend for a fundraiser at the hospital where my dad is being treated and she visited with him for awhile. It was cool.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

JennyB wrote:
Rat Patrol wrote:

She was actually in The Jortsville over the weekend for a fundraiser at the hospital where my dad is being treated and she visited with him for awhile. It was cool.
How is your father doing?

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Mimi wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Rat Patrol wrote:

He's doing pretty well. We actually thought he had some lung metastatic activity, but it turned out not to be the cas. He did have some sort of allergic reaction to one of the chemo drugs. He gained 25 lbs in fluid in two days, so he had to be hospitalized. But he's out now and just trying to get his strength back. He's doing much better!
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:He gained 25 lbs in fluid in two days, so he had to be hospitalized.
:scared: How the hell does that happen? Wouldn't he have to consume that much first?
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:He gained 25 lbs in fluid in two days, so he had to be hospitalized.
:scared: How the hell does that happen? Wouldn't he have to consume that much first?
No...it can happen as a reaction. It happened to me when I got bitten by the brown recluse. It has something to do with your body's defenses going into overdrive.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
No...it can happen as a reaction. It happened to me when I got bitten by the brown recluse. It has something to do with your body's defenses going into overdrive.
I'm just wondering where the fluid comes from? Converted gasses or solids already in the body?
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I'm just wondering where the fluid comes from? Converted gasses or solids already in the body?
I guess...in my case, my kidneys weren't working, so it was due to retention, but not sure about my dad's.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Physiology is horrific.

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

JennyB wrote:
Mimi wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Rat Patrol wrote:

He's doing pretty well. We actually thought he had some lung metastatic activity, but it turned out not to be the cas. He did have some sort of allergic reaction to one of the chemo drugs. He gained 25 lbs in fluid in two days, so he had to be hospitalized. But he's out now and just trying to get his strength back. He's doing much better!
Yikes. Here's to speedy healing.