Funny sketch comedy that's funny

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 81853
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Funny sketch comedy that's funny

Post by Dr. Medulla » 10 Jun 2019, 6:44pm

Kory wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 6:34pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 6:28pm
Kory wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 5:06pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 4:31pm
Kory wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 4:19pm
Although, I think my favorite of his work might be Saxondale.
I've tried watching that several times and never been able to get sufficiently comfortable/intrigued to stick with it.
It's obviously super driven by his character. I guess he resonates with me. Since I'm a washed-up roadie.
Not true! Or were you a roadie?
Nah I'm just goofin'.
But you're washed up.

(Man, it's turned out to be throw rocks at Kory day.)
I'm an expert in gold mining lore!

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 10314
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: Funny sketch comedy that's funny

Post by Kory » 10 Jun 2019, 6:48pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 6:44pm
Kory wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 6:34pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 6:28pm
Kory wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 5:06pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 4:31pm


I've tried watching that several times and never been able to get sufficiently comfortable/intrigued to stick with it.
It's obviously super driven by his character. I guess he resonates with me. Since I'm a washed-up roadie.
Not true! Or were you a roadie?
Nah I'm just goofin'.
But you're washed up.

(Man, it's turned out to be throw rocks at Kory day.)
EET WEEK brings out the best in us.
Inder:
Absolutely. Here's another collection of words:

Table salt (spoon hinge)
Octopus (Ukraine)
St. Petersburg (arms)
Ginger beer (cauliflower)
Pat Sajak (PSak)
Lamp post (self evident)
Florida Timeshare (ditto)
Heraclitus (EMI)
Developers (Developers Developers)
Boogie With Your Children

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 81853
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Funny sketch comedy that's funny

Post by Dr. Medulla » 10 Jun 2019, 6:52pm

Kory wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 6:48pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 6:44pm
Kory wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 6:34pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 6:28pm
Kory wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 5:06pm


It's obviously super driven by his character. I guess he resonates with me. Since I'm a washed-up roadie.
Not true! Or were you a roadie?
Nah I'm just goofin'.
But you're washed up.

(Man, it's turned out to be throw rocks at Kory day.)
EET WEEK brings out the best in us.
Seems to be bringing out the Bernie in me. :meh:
I'm an expert in gold mining lore!

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 10314
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: Funny sketch comedy that's funny

Post by Kory » 10 Jun 2019, 7:06pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 6:52pm
Kory wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 6:48pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 6:44pm
Kory wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 6:34pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 6:28pm


Not true! Or were you a roadie?
Nah I'm just goofin'.
But you're washed up.

(Man, it's turned out to be throw rocks at Kory day.)
EET WEEK brings out the best in us.
Seems to be bringing out the Bernie in me. :meh:
Don't make me bring out the Vince in me.
Inder:
Absolutely. Here's another collection of words:

Table salt (spoon hinge)
Octopus (Ukraine)
St. Petersburg (arms)
Ginger beer (cauliflower)
Pat Sajak (PSak)
Lamp post (self evident)
Florida Timeshare (ditto)
Heraclitus (EMI)
Developers (Developers Developers)
Boogie With Your Children

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 81853
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Funny sketch comedy that's funny

Post by Dr. Medulla » 10 Jun 2019, 7:12pm

Kory wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 7:06pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 6:52pm
Kory wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 6:48pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 6:44pm
Kory wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 6:34pm


Nah I'm just goofin'.
But you're washed up.

(Man, it's turned out to be throw rocks at Kory day.)
EET WEEK brings out the best in us.
Seems to be bringing out the Bernie in me. :meh:
Don't make me bring out the Vince in me.
Well, you do hate being in your band, especially the singer …
I'm an expert in gold mining lore!

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 10314
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: Funny sketch comedy that's funny

Post by Kory » 10 Jun 2019, 7:22pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 7:12pm
Kory wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 7:06pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 6:52pm
Kory wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 6:48pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 6:44pm

But you're washed up.

(Man, it's turned out to be throw rocks at Kory day.)
EET WEEK brings out the best in us.
Seems to be bringing out the Bernie in me. :meh:
Don't make me bring out the Vince in me.
Well, you do hate being in your band, especially the singer …
(Insert Scanners gif here. You know the one.)
Inder:
Absolutely. Here's another collection of words:

Table salt (spoon hinge)
Octopus (Ukraine)
St. Petersburg (arms)
Ginger beer (cauliflower)
Pat Sajak (PSak)
Lamp post (self evident)
Florida Timeshare (ditto)
Heraclitus (EMI)
Developers (Developers Developers)
Boogie With Your Children

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 81853
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Funny sketch comedy that's funny

Post by Dr. Medulla » 10 Jun 2019, 7:27pm

Kory wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 7:22pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 7:12pm
Kory wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 7:06pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 6:52pm
Kory wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 6:48pm


EET WEEK brings out the best in us.
Seems to be bringing out the Bernie in me. :meh:
Don't make me bring out the Vince in me.
Well, you do hate being in your band, especially the singer …
(Insert Scanners gif here. You know the one.)
Michael Ironside Michael Ironsiding?

(The exploding head guy, Louis Del Grande, actually had a long-running series in Canada in the 80s playing some kind of ESP detective. No matter how often I see his head explode, I immediately think, "Ha! Seeing Things."
I'm an expert in gold mining lore!

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 10314
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: Funny sketch comedy that's funny

Post by Kory » 26 Jun 2019, 4:37pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 3:09pm
Kory wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 3:03pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 2:38pm
Kory wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 2:25pm
Picked up the Kids in the Hall complete set, looking forward to watching since I haven't seen it since it was regularly on CC. Watched the first few episodes and the thing that stands out most so far is the McKinney blackface. I don't remember that one!
Mississippi Gary? I remember it being howlingly funny, but I'm kinda scared to look at it again.
I think it would still be funny if he just played it as a white bluesman...the jokes are there, but the presentation...well...
I just watched it and it's still funny to me—tho how much of that is the power of nostalgia?—but, yeah, the minstrel presentation detracts.
On season 3 now, really enjoying it. There's one or two cringey things based on the time period but whatev.
Inder:
Absolutely. Here's another collection of words:

Table salt (spoon hinge)
Octopus (Ukraine)
St. Petersburg (arms)
Ginger beer (cauliflower)
Pat Sajak (PSak)
Lamp post (self evident)
Florida Timeshare (ditto)
Heraclitus (EMI)
Developers (Developers Developers)
Boogie With Your Children

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 81853
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Funny sketch comedy that's funny

Post by Dr. Medulla » 26 Jun 2019, 4:54pm

Kory wrote:
26 Jun 2019, 4:37pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 3:09pm
Kory wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 3:03pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 2:38pm
Kory wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 2:25pm
Picked up the Kids in the Hall complete set, looking forward to watching since I haven't seen it since it was regularly on CC. Watched the first few episodes and the thing that stands out most so far is the McKinney blackface. I don't remember that one!
Mississippi Gary? I remember it being howlingly funny, but I'm kinda scared to look at it again.
I think it would still be funny if he just played it as a white bluesman...the jokes are there, but the presentation...well...
I just watched it and it's still funny to me—tho how much of that is the power of nostalgia?—but, yeah, the minstrel presentation detracts.
On season 3 now, really enjoying it. There's one or two cringey things based on the time period but whatev.
The middle years, as I recall, were the strongest. The first season was made up of stuff that was clearly built up from their stage act, while the last season had a lot of drawn out films that were more strange than straight-out funny. Which isn't to say I disliked that last season, but it was a noticeable shift.

edit: I think this is Season 3. I love the evolution of the photos.
I'm an expert in gold mining lore!

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 10314
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: Funny sketch comedy that's funny

Post by Kory » 27 Jun 2019, 12:41pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Jun 2019, 4:54pm
Kory wrote:
26 Jun 2019, 4:37pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 3:09pm
Kory wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 3:03pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 2:38pm


Mississippi Gary? I remember it being howlingly funny, but I'm kinda scared to look at it again.
I think it would still be funny if he just played it as a white bluesman...the jokes are there, but the presentation...well...
I just watched it and it's still funny to me—tho how much of that is the power of nostalgia?—but, yeah, the minstrel presentation detracts.
On season 3 now, really enjoying it. There's one or two cringey things based on the time period but whatev.
The middle years, as I recall, were the strongest. The first season was made up of stuff that was clearly built up from their stage act, while the last season had a lot of drawn out films that were more strange than straight-out funny. Which isn't to say I disliked that last season, but it was a noticeable shift.

edit: I think this is Season 3. I love the evolution of the photos.
Funny, I just watched that one last night. I really enjoy how surreal the show is. The things that become punchlines often spring as if from nowhere, which I really appreciate. I used to watch this show like crazy back when, but I'm glad to see that it's holding up years later. The State didn't do that for me, but it's probably time for another viewing.
Inder:
Absolutely. Here's another collection of words:

Table salt (spoon hinge)
Octopus (Ukraine)
St. Petersburg (arms)
Ginger beer (cauliflower)
Pat Sajak (PSak)
Lamp post (self evident)
Florida Timeshare (ditto)
Heraclitus (EMI)
Developers (Developers Developers)
Boogie With Your Children

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests