Funny sketch comedy that's funny

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 81072
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Funny sketch comedy that's funny

Post by Dr. Medulla » 27 Apr 2019, 4:47pm

revbob wrote:
27 Apr 2019, 4:39pm
So I see Patton Oswalt is coming to town. Anyone seen him live?
Not in person, but evaluating his albums he's lost a lot on his fast ball over the years.
I'm an expert in gold mining lore!

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 8158
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: Funny sketch comedy that's funny

Post by revbob » 27 Apr 2019, 5:44pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Apr 2019, 4:47pm
revbob wrote:
27 Apr 2019, 4:39pm
So I see Patton Oswalt is coming to town. Anyone seen him live?
Not in person, but evaluating his albums he's lost a lot on his fast ball over the years.
Yeah I'd kind of heard that. 25 to 65 per ticket but I'm feeling like a beggar these days (can't be choosy). I haven't been to a music event since October, it's been a better town for comedy the past few years.

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 8158
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: Funny sketch comedy that's funny

Post by revbob » 09 May 2019, 10:24pm

I saw Michelle Wolf tonight. The second time in a year. So.e repeat material but funny as hell.

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 10024
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: Funny sketch comedy that's funny

Post by Kory » 10 May 2019, 12:32pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Apr 2019, 4:47pm
revbob wrote:
27 Apr 2019, 4:39pm
So I see Patton Oswalt is coming to town. Anyone seen him live?
Not in person, but evaluating his albums he's lost a lot on his fast ball over the years.
Meaning he's not good with hecklers?
Inder:
Absolutely. Here's another collection of words:

Table salt (spoon hinge)
Octopus (Ukraine)
St. Petersburg (arms)
Ginger beer (cauliflower)
Pat Sajak (PSak)
Lamp post (self evident)
Florida Timeshare (ditto)
Heraclitus (EMI)
Developers (Developers Developers)
Boogie With Your Children

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 81072
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Funny sketch comedy that's funny

Post by Dr. Medulla » 10 May 2019, 12:39pm

Kory wrote:
10 May 2019, 12:32pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Apr 2019, 4:47pm
revbob wrote:
27 Apr 2019, 4:39pm
So I see Patton Oswalt is coming to town. Anyone seen him live?
Not in person, but evaluating his albums he's lost a lot on his fast ball over the years.
Meaning he's not good with hecklers?
No, his material has lost its bite. Maybe it's the mainstreaming of nerd culture, but his perspective isn't on the outside looking in all that often.
I'm an expert in gold mining lore!

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 10024
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: Funny sketch comedy that's funny

Post by Kory » 10 Jun 2019, 2:25pm

Picked up the Kids in the Hall complete set, looking forward to watching since I haven't seen it since it was regularly on CC. Watched the first few episodes and the thing that stands out most so far is the McKinney blackface. I don't remember that one!
Inder:
Absolutely. Here's another collection of words:

Table salt (spoon hinge)
Octopus (Ukraine)
St. Petersburg (arms)
Ginger beer (cauliflower)
Pat Sajak (PSak)
Lamp post (self evident)
Florida Timeshare (ditto)
Heraclitus (EMI)
Developers (Developers Developers)
Boogie With Your Children

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 81072
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Funny sketch comedy that's funny

Post by Dr. Medulla » 10 Jun 2019, 2:38pm

Kory wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 2:25pm
Picked up the Kids in the Hall complete set, looking forward to watching since I haven't seen it since it was regularly on CC. Watched the first few episodes and the thing that stands out most so far is the McKinney blackface. I don't remember that one!
Mississippi Gary? I remember it being howlingly funny, but I'm kinda scared to look at it again.
I'm an expert in gold mining lore!

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 10024
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: Funny sketch comedy that's funny

Post by Kory » 10 Jun 2019, 3:03pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 2:38pm
Kory wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 2:25pm
Picked up the Kids in the Hall complete set, looking forward to watching since I haven't seen it since it was regularly on CC. Watched the first few episodes and the thing that stands out most so far is the McKinney blackface. I don't remember that one!
Mississippi Gary? I remember it being howlingly funny, but I'm kinda scared to look at it again.
I think it would still be funny if he just played it as a white bluesman...the jokes are there, but the presentation...well...
Inder:
Absolutely. Here's another collection of words:

Table salt (spoon hinge)
Octopus (Ukraine)
St. Petersburg (arms)
Ginger beer (cauliflower)
Pat Sajak (PSak)
Lamp post (self evident)
Florida Timeshare (ditto)
Heraclitus (EMI)
Developers (Developers Developers)
Boogie With Your Children

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 81072
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Funny sketch comedy that's funny

Post by Dr. Medulla » 10 Jun 2019, 3:09pm

Kory wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 3:03pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 2:38pm
Kory wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 2:25pm
Picked up the Kids in the Hall complete set, looking forward to watching since I haven't seen it since it was regularly on CC. Watched the first few episodes and the thing that stands out most so far is the McKinney blackface. I don't remember that one!
Mississippi Gary? I remember it being howlingly funny, but I'm kinda scared to look at it again.
I think it would still be funny if he just played it as a white bluesman...the jokes are there, but the presentation...well...
I just watched it and it's still funny to me—tho how much of that is the power of nostalgia?—but, yeah, the minstrel presentation detracts.
I'm an expert in gold mining lore!

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 18012
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: Funny sketch comedy that's funny

Post by 101Walterton » 10 Jun 2019, 3:59pm

“Here to tell us more about it is the shows creator Alice Clunt”.
“It’s Alice Fluck”.
“Right, I see what I have done”.

Alan Partridge back to his best in This Time.
Brilliant.

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 10024
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: Funny sketch comedy that's funny

Post by Kory » 10 Jun 2019, 4:19pm

101Walterton wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 3:59pm
“Here to tell us more about it is the shows creator Alice Clunt”.
“It’s Alice Fluck”.
“Right, I see what I have done”.

Alan Partridge back to his best in This Time.
Brilliant.
I have been wanting to get caught up, I love Partridge. Although, I think my favorite of his work might be Saxondale.
Inder:
Absolutely. Here's another collection of words:

Table salt (spoon hinge)
Octopus (Ukraine)
St. Petersburg (arms)
Ginger beer (cauliflower)
Pat Sajak (PSak)
Lamp post (self evident)
Florida Timeshare (ditto)
Heraclitus (EMI)
Developers (Developers Developers)
Boogie With Your Children

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 81072
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Funny sketch comedy that's funny

Post by Dr. Medulla » 10 Jun 2019, 4:31pm

Kory wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 4:19pm
Although, I think my favorite of his work might be Saxondale.
I've tried watching that several times and never been able to get sufficiently comfortable/intrigued to stick with it.
I'm an expert in gold mining lore!

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 10024
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: Funny sketch comedy that's funny

Post by Kory » 10 Jun 2019, 5:06pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 4:31pm
Kory wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 4:19pm
Although, I think my favorite of his work might be Saxondale.
I've tried watching that several times and never been able to get sufficiently comfortable/intrigued to stick with it.
It's obviously super driven by his character. I guess he resonates with me. Since I'm a washed-up roadie.
Inder:
Absolutely. Here's another collection of words:

Table salt (spoon hinge)
Octopus (Ukraine)
St. Petersburg (arms)
Ginger beer (cauliflower)
Pat Sajak (PSak)
Lamp post (self evident)
Florida Timeshare (ditto)
Heraclitus (EMI)
Developers (Developers Developers)
Boogie With Your Children

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 81072
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Funny sketch comedy that's funny

Post by Dr. Medulla » 10 Jun 2019, 6:28pm

Kory wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 5:06pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 4:31pm
Kory wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 4:19pm
Although, I think my favorite of his work might be Saxondale.
I've tried watching that several times and never been able to get sufficiently comfortable/intrigued to stick with it.
It's obviously super driven by his character. I guess he resonates with me. Since I'm a washed-up roadie.
Not true! Or were you a roadie?
I'm an expert in gold mining lore!

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 10024
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: Funny sketch comedy that's funny

Post by Kory » 10 Jun 2019, 6:34pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 6:28pm
Kory wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 5:06pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 4:31pm
Kory wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 4:19pm
Although, I think my favorite of his work might be Saxondale.
I've tried watching that several times and never been able to get sufficiently comfortable/intrigued to stick with it.
It's obviously super driven by his character. I guess he resonates with me. Since I'm a washed-up roadie.
Not true! Or were you a roadie?
Nah I'm just goofin'.
Inder:
Absolutely. Here's another collection of words:

Table salt (spoon hinge)
Octopus (Ukraine)
St. Petersburg (arms)
Ginger beer (cauliflower)
Pat Sajak (PSak)
Lamp post (self evident)
Florida Timeshare (ditto)
Heraclitus (EMI)
Developers (Developers Developers)
Boogie With Your Children

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 8 guests