Funny sketch comedy that's funny

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: Funny sketch comedy that's funny

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Oct 2017, 9:13pm
revbob wrote:
02 Oct 2017, 8:40pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Oct 2017, 8:31pm
Yowza! Perhaps new KitH episodes?
https://www.avclub.com/kevin-mcdonald-s ... 1819083817
Id like to see that but i do wonder if they could still be funny. I mean they were fucking hilarious in their day. Would rbry still have that edge 20 years later?
A friend who saw their tour a few years back said they still had a spark. And the Mr. Show return was pretty dang good, so I wouldn't be pessimistic.
I would certainly watch it if it was on. I saw them live 20 something years ago it was a great ahow.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
03 Oct 2017, 6:08am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Id like to see that but i do wonder if they could still be funny. I mean they were fucking hilarious in their day. Would rbry still have that edge 20 years later?
A friend who saw their tour a few years back said they still had a spark. And the Mr. Show return was pretty dang good, so I wouldn't be pessimistic.
I would certainly watch it if it was on. I saw them live 20 something years ago it was a great ahow.
The only thing that would give me pause is that their mini-series Death Comes To Town a few years ago wasn't that hot. But there's a difference between five-minute sketches and a four- or five-hour story.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Oct 2017, 6:33am
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
The only thing that would give me pause is that their mini-series Death Comes To Town a few years ago wasn't that hot. But there's a difference between five-minute sketches and a four- or five-hour story.
I actually liked that quite a bit from what i can recall.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
03 Oct 2017, 5:26pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

I only watched it the once, so a second viewing might improve my opinion. A few good moments, but it dragged (as I recall).
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Oct 2017, 5:37pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I only watched it the once, so a second viewing might improve my opinion. A few good moments, but it dragged (as I recall).
Perhaps at times but I want to say there was some good subtle humor as well as so.e of their classic absurdist stuff. Overall i thought it was a solid B.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
03 Oct 2017, 6:11pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Oct 2017, 5:37pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

Perhaps at times but I want to say there was some good subtle humor as well as so.e of their classic absurdist stuff. Overall i thought it was a solid B.
Yeah, I should revisit it. I think the boss is going on some writing retreat during reading week at the end of the month (I think the idea is goofy as fuck, but she's found it productive), so that would give me some tv monopoly time.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

So, I just heard from a friend who recently got to hang out backstage with Scott Thompson, who, he said, expressed a number of reactionary opinions. My friend didn't go into any details—he likened the comments to stuff you'd hear from Gavin McInness—but I'm hoping to get together with him in the next week to get the full scoop. I want to know more but I don't, y'know?

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Nov 2017, 1:16pm
So, I just heard from a friend who recently got to hang out backstage with Scott Thompson, who, he said, expressed a number of reactionary opinions. My friend didn't go into any details—he likened the comments to stuff you'd hear from Gavin McInness—but I'm hoping to get together with him in the next week to get the full scoop. I want to know more but I don't, y'know?
Interesting but it isnt all that unusual for people to get more conservative/reactionary as they get older. You kind of figure but hes gay, Canadian and an artist/comic so that's like a 3rd degree liberal at least but so.etimes people can be pretty libersl in how they live their life but get pretty conservatice when it comes to other peope especially groups of people or "they/them".

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
01 Nov 2017, 7:26pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Interesting but it isnt all that unusual for people to get more conservative/reactionary as they get older. You kind of figure but hes gay, Canadian and an artist/comic so that's like a 3rd degree liberal at least but so.etimes people can be pretty libersl in how they live their life but get pretty conservatice when it comes to other peope especially groups of people or "they/them".
The idea of someone who knows what it likes to be marginalized and attacked for having the audacity of being themselves turning around and attacking other people seeking the same acceptance (again, I don't know the full details yet, so I'm guessing a bit)—that's really disappointing, at minimum. Mind you, I'm increasingly of the opinion that we shouldn't give a fuck what celebrities think. Most are dolts and we shouldn't be disappointed when they say doltish things. So, mixed feelings.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Nov 2017, 7:52pm
revbob wrote:
01 Nov 2017, 7:26pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
The idea of someone who knows what it likes to be marginalized and attacked for having the audacity of being themselves turning around and attacking other people seeking the same acceptance (again, I don't know the full details yet, so I'm guessing a bit)—that's really disappointing, at minimum. Mind you, I'm increasingly of the opinion that we shouldn't give a fuck what celebrities think. Most are dolts and we shouldn't be disappointed when they say doltish things. So, mixed feelings.
Yeah I agree with everything you said more and more with the last part.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Why I'm a Kevin Macdonald guy:

(Also, why I'd never be able to date again.)

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

and there goes louis ck
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Once the Weinstein revelations created an environment where women could more comfortably come forward, it seemed it was just a matter of time with him, given the persistent rumours. So, not a huge shock at all.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Nov 2017, 5:06pm
Once the Weinstein revelations created an environment where women could more comfortably come forward, it seemed it was just a matter of time with him, given the persistent rumours. So, not a huge shock at all.
yeah, not even slightly surprising.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Flex wrote:
09 Nov 2017, 5:09pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Nov 2017, 5:06pm
yeah, not even slightly surprising.
This was a long time coming.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"