Funny sketch comedy that's funny

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Re: Funny sketch comedy that's funny

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Is he just reciting Fall lyrics?
Good gravy, I think you're right.
Side note: for years, I completely forgot about this sketch, but I often would randomly say "Bel Biv Devoe" in that voice, wondering where I picked it up from.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Is he just reciting Fall lyrics?
Good gravy, I think you're right.
Side note: for years, I completely forgot about this sketch, but I often would randomly say "Bel Biv Devoe" in that voice, wondering where I picked it up from.
Ha! That's what did it for me. "Bel Biv Devoe" was what popped in my brain and that's what I used in my googling (that and kids in the hall, of course).
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Interview with Kevin from KitH: http://www.avclub.com/article/kids-hall ... k-d-242228

I'd love to have a few drinks with him and just listen.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:The KitH drinking game and more.
http://www.salon.com/2016/11/05/screw-y ... etch-ever/
No one has ever accused me of being Canadian, but I've always loved "Screw You, Taxpayer."
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

laxman wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jx5JeByKSag

Bavarian cream pie joke.
I love that joke—rather, the telling—so much. Larry Miller is superb.

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
laxman wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jx5JeByKSag

Bavarian cream pie joke.
I love that joke—rather, the telling—so much. Larry Miller is superb.

Agreed. His five stages of drinking is great too.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Really, hasn't The Young Pope already been done?

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Jan 2017, 10:42am
Really, hasn't The Young Pope already been done?

So very rarely not hilarious.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
15 Jan 2017, 11:21am
Certainly not elite Mr. Show, but it works well enough as parody of all those 1980s summer camp shows. Silly more than anything else.

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Jan 2017, 11:54am
Silent Majority wrote:
15 Jan 2017, 11:21am
Certainly not elite Mr. Show, but it works well enough as parody of all those 1980s summer camp shows. Silly more than anything else.
It's a personal favorite just for the incredible gear shift between the two parts and the fact that the parody is so weirdly spot on.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Curiosity: Did an old Canadian comedy duo called Wayne and Shuster ever make it into American (or even Limey) consciousness? They were active from the 40s to the 80s, so I don't expect any of the younglings to know them, but I'm curious about the arthritic crowd here. I loved 'em as a kid in the 70s, but their schtick—and it was schtick—hasn't aged well for me. (Frank Shuster, btw, was a cousin of Joe Shuster.)

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Apr 2017, 9:03am
Curiosity: Did an old Canadian comedy duo called Wayne and Shuster ever make it into American (or even Limey) consciousness? They were active from the 40s to the 80s, so I don't expect any of the younglings to know them, but I'm curious about the arthritic crowd here. I loved 'em as a kid in the 70s, but their schtick—and it was schtick—hasn't aged well for me. (Frank Shuster, btw, was a cousin of Joe Shuster.)
Also -- Rosie Shuster (important player in early SNL/Lorne Michael's ex-wife) was Frank Shuster's daughter.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Inder wrote:
10 Apr 2017, 9:21am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Apr 2017, 9:03am
Also -- Rosie Shuster (important player in early SNL/Lorne Michael's ex-wife) was Frank Shuster's daughter.
Huh—didn't know that one. As I understand it, Wayne and Shuster hold the record for most appearances on Ed Sullivan, so really old Americans would know who they were.