Funny sketch comedy that's funny

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Re: Funny sketch comedy that's funny

Post by Silent Majority »

[youtube][/youtube]
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Not sketch, but I think comedy fans will enjoy this one.

http://comediansincarsgettingcoffee.com ... t-chicken/

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:Not sketch, but I think comedy fans will enjoy this one.

http://comediansincarsgettingcoffee.com ... t-chicken/
That's just fantastic stuff. Spending a meal with Reiner and Brooks, just listening to them banter about, would be a dream come true. Even telling bad jokes—maybe because they're bad—wouldn't diminish the experience one whit.
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

I love how much of an eager, hustling Brooklyn kid Brooks still is, as Reiner looks on, the tolerating older brother.

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Silent Majority wrote:[youtube][/youtube]
Excellent stuff.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Marky Dread wrote:
Excellent stuff.
It works on the level of just being funny on the surface, but it's also kind of good as an example of an audience that resists a musician changing slightly. The horrified disbelief when he tries something new, the satisfaction when he goes back to what they know.

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Silent Majority wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Excellent stuff.
It works on the level of just being funny on the surface, but it's also kind of good as an example of an audience that resists a musician changing slightly. The horrified disbelief when he tries something new, the satisfaction when he goes back to what they know.
Simon Pegg dropping his pint glass seals the deal nicely.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

CorwoodRep
Unknown Immortal

Post by CorwoodRep »

Reiner and Brooks remind me of the really old school Hollywood Republicans I've known - people who no longer have anything to prove and can earnestly enjoy just bullshitting and nodding off during NCIS.
"Put down the meth, boy." - TeddyB, 2013.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I loved Paul F. Tompkins on Mr. Show, but never thought much of his stand-up stuff until I heard Labouring Under Delusions, which is really fantastic stuff. Just great long-form conversational/anecdotal humour. His story of trying to berate Weird Al and calling him "Weird" throughout had me almost in convulsions.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Dr. Medulla wrote:I loved Paul F. Tompkins on Mr. Show, but never thought much of his stand-up stuff until I heard Labouring Under Delusions, which is really fantastic stuff. Just great long-form conversational/anecdotal humour. His story of trying to berate Weird Al and calling him "Weird" throughout had me almost in convulsions.
Yeah, one of my favourite stand-ups working today. That Weird Al bit is exceptionally well delivered. He's actually playing a venue about an hour down the road from me, I'm disappointed I don't have the cash for it. But American comedians rarely know how to deal with even adoring British crowds and there usually ends up a slightly frustrated energy any time I've gone to see a US comic get uncomprehendingly irritated at the relatively lukewarm reception they get. North American crowds go out and start whoo-ing. As Ross Noble observed, you don't get away with a "Make some noise!" here, cos the response is a crossed-arms "Fuckin' do somethin'!"
Last edited by Silent Majority on 06 Apr 2013, 8:01pm, edited 1 time in total.

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Bankrobber
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Bankrobber »

Silent Majority wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:I loved Paul F. Tompkins on Mr. Show, but never thought much of his stand-up stuff until I heard Labouring Under Delusions, which is really fantastic stuff. Just great long-form conversational/anecdotal humour. His story of trying to berate Weird Al and calling him "Weird" throughout had me almost in convulsions.
Yeah, one of my favourite stand-ups working today. That Weird Al bit is exceptionally well delivered. He's actually playing a venue about an hour down the road from me, I'm disappointed I don't have the cash for it. But American comedians rarely know how to deal with even adoring British crowds and there usually ends up a slightly frustrated energy any time I've gone to see a US comic get frustrated at the relatively lukewarm reception they get. North American crowds go out and start whoo-ing. As Ross Noble observed, you don't get away with a "Make some noise!" here, cos the response is a crossed-arms "Fuckin' do somethin'!"
Yeah, I love that man. He is even involved with one of my favorite cartoons, Regular Show

From the special Hooks mentioned I love the "King Hat" bit.
I'm so punk, I don't even take my leather jacket off when it catches fire. Which it does frequently, because of how fucking punk I am.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Larry Miller's pie joke from The Aristocrats. If it doesn't sync up, start at 1.58.
[youtube][/youtube]

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I can't disagree with the choices here for best KitH episodes. Pretty much every one had me nodding in agreement.
http://www.avclub.com/articles/10-episo ... d-o,98601/

While I'm almost certainly blocking from my memory some of the weaker material, the show seems to have improved with age.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:I can't disagree with the choices here for best KitH episodes. Pretty much every one had me nodding in agreement.
http://www.avclub.com/articles/10-episo ... d-o,98601/

While I'm almost certainly blocking from my memory some of the weaker material, the show seems to have improved with age.
It definitely holds up.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"