Funny sketch comedy that's funny

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: Funny sketch comedy that's funny

Post by Marky Dread »

Silent Majority wrote:
11 Nov 2017, 3:52am
I'm with 101.
You've been grooming him for long enough now. ;)

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

One of my favourite SCTV pieces, I Was a Teenage Communist (w/ Dave Edmunds).
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

I'm planning to see Kevin McDonald in a few weeks at the local comedy club.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
13 Apr 2018, 7:35pm
Cool! Just remembered that I don't think I shared what my friend told me about Scott Thompson. So, yeah, my buddy got to hang out with him backstage for a couple hours and learned that ST basically doesn't believe in someone being transgendered. Complete bullshit, pick a side kind of stuff. Very pro Jordan Peterson and that hideousness. So.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

I was watching that Allan Davies show which doesn’t have a title. Charlie Higson was one of the guests and he told a funny story about himself, Paul Whitehouse and Harry Enfield and how The Fast Show was created.
Basically Charlie and Paul Whitehouse were decorators and plasterers and were doing up Stephen Fry and Hugh Laurie’s house. When Fry and Laurie were home Higson and Whitehouse would go into character and try and make them laugh to get noticed.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Apr 2018, 8:09pm
revbob wrote:
Cool! Just remembered that I don't think I shared what my friend told me about Scott Thompson. So, yeah, my buddy got to hang out with him backstage for a couple hours and learned that ST basically doesn't believe in someone being transgendered. Complete bullshit, pick a side kind of stuff. Very pro Jordan Peterson and that hideousness. So.
That's deeply unfortunate
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Flex wrote:
14 Apr 2018, 1:57pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Apr 2018, 8:09pm
revbob wrote:
That's deeply unfortunate
Moral of the story, never meet any celebrities.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Kevin McDonald tonight.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
29 Apr 2018, 2:20pm
Kevin McDonald tonight.
Awe-fucking-some. Report back.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Apr 2018, 3:48pm
revbob wrote:
Kevin McDonald tonight.
So it was different from what I expected. He did a standupish thing where it was mostly some background/autobiographical info and a few stories from early KITH days. Then there was some local people who had worked with Kevin on some sketches that they came up with and he advised on but didn't participate in. After that they all did some improv. Then he did some QA with the audience. So not the typical comedy show that Im used to going to but we enjoyed it

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
30 Apr 2018, 1:55pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Kevin McDonald tonight.
So it was different from what I expected. He did a standupish thing where it was mostly some background/autobiographical info and a few stories from early KITH days. Then there was some local people who had worked with Kevin on some sketches that they came up with and he advised on but didn't participate in. After that they all did some improv. Then he did some QA with the audience. So not the typical comedy show that Im used to going to but we enjoyed it
None of the Kids strike me as stand-up comedy guys. I saw a bit of Dave Foley not too long ago and it was dreary. So it might be for the best that he was doing more of an "Evening With …" deal than a stand-up routine.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Apr 2018, 2:31pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Kevin McDonald tonight.
None of the Kids strike me as stand-up comedy guys. I saw a bit of Dave Foley not too long ago and it was dreary. So it might be for the best that he was doing more of an "Evening With …" deal than a stand-up routine.
God, I had such a crush on Dave Foley back in the day. I think it's because he kind of resembled Glenn Tilbrook, on whom I also harboured a crush. I spelled it the Canadian way for you, Doc.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
30 Apr 2018, 2:56pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Kevin McDonald tonight.
God, I had such a crush on Dave Foley back in the day. I think it's because he kind of resembled Glenn Tilbrook, on whom I also harboured a crush. I spelled it the Canadian way for you, Doc.
It's appreciated. :kiss: DF must have had a hideous painting of himself in an attic that got destroyed because at some unknown point post-Newsradio, he got super doughy and old. Like overnight. Scott T is the only one of them that's aged well, really.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Apr 2018, 3:18pm
JennyB wrote:
30 Apr 2018, 2:56pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

It's appreciated. :kiss: DF must have had a hideous painting of himself in an attic that got destroyed because at some unknown point post-Newsradio, he got super doughy and old. Like overnight. Scott T is the only one of them that's aged well, really.
Yep. It did seem to happen overnight. Oh well, happens to the best of us.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy