The Simpsons

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 8453
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: The Simpsons

Post by Kory » 17 Jan 2018, 1:33pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Jan 2018, 7:04pm
Just saw an episode where Homer goes to rock n roll fantasy camp and now I am very, very sad. By all rights, everyone involved should have committed seppuku.
I hate that one.
Inder:
Absolutely. Here's another collection of words:

Table salt (spoon hinge)
Octopus (Ukraine)
St. Petersburg (arms)
Ginger beer (cauliflower)
Pat Sajak (PSak)
Lamp post (self evident)
Florida Timeshare (ditto)
Heraclitus (EMI)
Developers (Developers Developers)
Boogie With Your Children

Silent Majority
User avatar
Singer-Songwriter Nancy
Posts: 13357
Joined: 10 Nov 2008, 8:28pm
Location: A republic of mind
Contact:

Re: The Simpsons

Post by Silent Majority » 17 Jan 2018, 2:24pm

Kory wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 1:33pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Jan 2018, 7:04pm
Just saw an episode where Homer goes to rock n roll fantasy camp and now I am very, very sad. By all rights, everyone involved should have committed seppuku.
I hate that one.
Nothing in that one at all. Brainless.
A lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison


www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 74756
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: The Simpsons

Post by Dr. Medulla » 17 Jan 2018, 2:47pm

Silent Majority wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 2:24pm
Kory wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 1:33pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Jan 2018, 7:04pm
Just saw an episode where Homer goes to rock n roll fantasy camp and now I am very, very sad. By all rights, everyone involved should have committed seppuku.
I hate that one.
Nothing in that one at all. Brainless.
Not according to the crickets. From the Wikipedia entry:
In 2003, Annie Alleman of The Herald News named the episode her all-time favorite Simpsons episode.[3] The same year, writers of Entertainment Weekly listed it as the twenty-second best Simpsons episode of all time. They elaborated that "You've gotta admire a show that lands the greatest names in rock and then gives them as much respect as a brown M&M. [...] While rockers have always shone in 'Simpsons' solos, the Stones so giddily mock their hall-of-fame status it makes "Strummer" the series' Woodstock: a classic-rock show even Disco Stu could get behind."[4] Robert Canning of IGN in a Flashback Review gave the episode an 8.6 saying it was "Great" and also stated " In a season that I generally see as ho-hum ("Pray Anything" is the only other episode I rate highly), "How I Spent My Strummer Vacation" simply rocks".[5] In 2007, Simon Crerar of The Times listed Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Elvis Costello and Lenny Kravitz's performances among the thirty-three funniest cameos in the history of the show.[6] In 2011, Kravitz revealed that his greatest achievement was the appearance on The Simpsons in the eyes of his young relatives. He explained that "To my nieces and nephews appearing on 'The Simpsons' was when I actually made it. All the other stuff doesn't count."[7] New York magazine named the episode one of the top ten later Simpsons episodes.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_I_Spe ... r_Vacation

X(
Endut! Hoch Hech!

I feel that, had he lived, John Lennon would have loved Donkey Kong.

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 50024
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: The Simpsons

Post by Wolter » 17 Jan 2018, 3:01pm

The only laugh in that one that I remember is when Homer swipes Costello’s glasses and the latter shrieks “MY IMAGE!”
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Silent Majority
User avatar
Singer-Songwriter Nancy
Posts: 13357
Joined: 10 Nov 2008, 8:28pm
Location: A republic of mind
Contact:

Re: The Simpsons

Post by Silent Majority » 17 Jan 2018, 3:05pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 2:47pm
Silent Majority wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 2:24pm
Kory wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 1:33pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Jan 2018, 7:04pm
Just saw an episode where Homer goes to rock n roll fantasy camp and now I am very, very sad. By all rights, everyone involved should have committed seppuku.
I hate that one.
Nothing in that one at all. Brainless.
Not according to the crickets. From the Wikipedia entry:
In 2003, Annie Alleman of The Herald News named the episode her all-time favorite Simpsons episode.[3] The same year, writers of Entertainment Weekly listed it as the twenty-second best Simpsons episode of all time. They elaborated that "You've gotta admire a show that lands the greatest names in rock and then gives them as much respect as a brown M&M. [...] While rockers have always shone in 'Simpsons' solos, the Stones so giddily mock their hall-of-fame status it makes "Strummer" the series' Woodstock: a classic-rock show even Disco Stu could get behind."[4] Robert Canning of IGN in a Flashback Review gave the episode an 8.6 saying it was "Great" and also stated " In a season that I generally see as ho-hum ("Pray Anything" is the only other episode I rate highly), "How I Spent My Strummer Vacation" simply rocks".[5] In 2007, Simon Crerar of The Times listed Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Elvis Costello and Lenny Kravitz's performances among the thirty-three funniest cameos in the history of the show.[6] In 2011, Kravitz revealed that his greatest achievement was the appearance on The Simpsons in the eyes of his young relatives. He explained that "To my nieces and nephews appearing on 'The Simpsons' was when I actually made it. All the other stuff doesn't count."[7] New York magazine named the episode one of the top ten later Simpsons episodes.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_I_Spe ... r_Vacation

X(
It's got to be a good episode, Mick Jagger and Lenny Kravitz are in it seems to be the point of view.
A lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison


www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 8453
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: The Simpsons

Post by Kory » 17 Jan 2018, 3:40pm

Silent Majority wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 3:05pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 2:47pm
Silent Majority wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 2:24pm
Kory wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 1:33pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Jan 2018, 7:04pm
Just saw an episode where Homer goes to rock n roll fantasy camp and now I am very, very sad. By all rights, everyone involved should have committed seppuku.
I hate that one.
Nothing in that one at all. Brainless.
Not according to the crickets. From the Wikipedia entry:
In 2003, Annie Alleman of The Herald News named the episode her all-time favorite Simpsons episode.[3] The same year, writers of Entertainment Weekly listed it as the twenty-second best Simpsons episode of all time. They elaborated that "You've gotta admire a show that lands the greatest names in rock and then gives them as much respect as a brown M&M. [...] While rockers have always shone in 'Simpsons' solos, the Stones so giddily mock their hall-of-fame status it makes "Strummer" the series' Woodstock: a classic-rock show even Disco Stu could get behind."[4] Robert Canning of IGN in a Flashback Review gave the episode an 8.6 saying it was "Great" and also stated " In a season that I generally see as ho-hum ("Pray Anything" is the only other episode I rate highly), "How I Spent My Strummer Vacation" simply rocks".[5] In 2007, Simon Crerar of The Times listed Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Elvis Costello and Lenny Kravitz's performances among the thirty-three funniest cameos in the history of the show.[6] In 2011, Kravitz revealed that his greatest achievement was the appearance on The Simpsons in the eyes of his young relatives. He explained that "To my nieces and nephews appearing on 'The Simpsons' was when I actually made it. All the other stuff doesn't count."[7] New York magazine named the episode one of the top ten later Simpsons episodes.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_I_Spe ... r_Vacation

X(
It's got to be a good episode, Mick Jagger and Lenny Kravitz are in it seems to be the point of view.
It's a bit too Scooby-Doo, I think.
Inder:
Absolutely. Here's another collection of words:

Table salt (spoon hinge)
Octopus (Ukraine)
St. Petersburg (arms)
Ginger beer (cauliflower)
Pat Sajak (PSak)
Lamp post (self evident)
Florida Timeshare (ditto)
Heraclitus (EMI)
Developers (Developers Developers)
Boogie With Your Children

matedog
User avatar
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought
Posts: 20348
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: 1995

Re: The Simpsons

Post by matedog » 17 Jan 2018, 4:33pm

I enjoyed EC's bit in that ep:
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 8453
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: The Simpsons

Post by Kory » 17 Jan 2018, 8:27pm

matedog wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 4:33pm
I enjoyed EC's bit in that ep:
Boy, you really don't read this thread.
Wolter wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 3:01pm
The only laugh in that one that I remember is when Homer swipes Costello’s glasses and the latter shrieks “MY IMAGE!”
Inder:
Absolutely. Here's another collection of words:

Table salt (spoon hinge)
Octopus (Ukraine)
St. Petersburg (arms)
Ginger beer (cauliflower)
Pat Sajak (PSak)
Lamp post (self evident)
Florida Timeshare (ditto)
Heraclitus (EMI)
Developers (Developers Developers)
Boogie With Your Children

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 74756
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: The Simpsons

Post by Dr. Medulla » 17 Jan 2018, 8:44pm

Kory wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 8:27pm
matedog wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 4:33pm
I enjoyed EC's bit in that ep:
Boy, you really don't read this thread.
Wolter wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 3:01pm
The only laugh in that one that I remember is when Homer swipes Costello’s glasses and the latter shrieks “MY IMAGE!”
You did it wrong! :angry:
Endut! Hoch Hech!

I feel that, had he lived, John Lennon would have loved Donkey Kong.

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 8453
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: The Simpsons

Post by Kory » 17 Jan 2018, 9:19pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 8:44pm
Kory wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 8:27pm
matedog wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 4:33pm
I enjoyed EC's bit in that ep:
Boy, you really don't read this thread.
Wolter wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 3:01pm
The only laugh in that one that I remember is when Homer swipes Costello’s glasses and the latter shrieks “MY IMAGE!”
You did it wrong! :angry:
I don't know how!
Inder:
Absolutely. Here's another collection of words:

Table salt (spoon hinge)
Octopus (Ukraine)
St. Petersburg (arms)
Ginger beer (cauliflower)
Pat Sajak (PSak)
Lamp post (self evident)
Florida Timeshare (ditto)
Heraclitus (EMI)
Developers (Developers Developers)
Boogie With Your Children

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 50024
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: The Simpsons

Post by Wolter » 17 Jan 2018, 10:18pm

Kory wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 9:19pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 8:44pm
Kory wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 8:27pm
matedog wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 4:33pm
I enjoyed EC's bit in that ep:
Boy, you really don't read this thread.
Wolter wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 3:01pm
The only laugh in that one that I remember is when Homer swipes Costello’s glasses and the latter shrieks “MY IMAGE!”
You did it wrong! :angry:
I don't know how!
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

matedog
User avatar
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought
Posts: 20348
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: 1995

Re: The Simpsons

Post by matedog » 18 Jan 2018, 1:29am

Whatever, Medulla and Mah were quote vomiting each other and I missed Wolt’s tiny comment.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 74756
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: The Simpsons

Post by Dr. Medulla » 19 Jan 2018, 9:57am

Image
Endut! Hoch Hech!

I feel that, had he lived, John Lennon would have loved Donkey Kong.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 74756
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: The Simpsons

Post by Dr. Medulla » 24 Jan 2018, 5:24pm

Image
Endut! Hoch Hech!

I feel that, had he lived, John Lennon would have loved Donkey Kong.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 74756
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: The Simpsons

Post by Dr. Medulla » 25 Jan 2018, 1:04pm

People sum up their life with one Simpsons screenshot: http://cheezburger.com/4616453/13-peopl ... creenshots

Mine:
Image
Endut! Hoch Hech!

I feel that, had he lived, John Lennon would have loved Donkey Kong.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests