The Simpsons

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Kory
Unknown Immortal

Re: The Simpsons

Post by Kory »

Bankrobber wrote:
Homer: I can't live the buttoned down life like you! I want it all: the terrifying lows, the dizzying highs, the creamy middles! Sure, I might offend a few of the blue-noses with my cocky stride and musky odor - oh, I'll never be the darling of the so-called 'City Fathers' who cluck their tongues, stroke their beards, and talk about what's to be done with this Homer Simpson!?!
God, I loved this show.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

I saw the Itchy and Scratchy-land episode yesterday, it was great. 'specially when Homer said "What are you, the narrator?" to Lisa.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:I saw the Itchy and Scratchy-land episode yesterday, it was great. 'specially when Homer said "What are you, the narrator?" to Lisa.
Whenever I see John Travolta on tv, I immediately think, "Yeah. Looks like."
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

As if the show needs any more evidence of being way past it's best before date:
Homer Simpson is Catholic, Vatican paper declares
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) – "The Simpsons" just got a blessing from the Vatican.

The official Vatican newspaper has declared that beer-swilling, doughnut-loving Homer Simpson and son Bart are Catholics -- and what's more, it says that parents should not be afraid to let their children watch "the adventures of the little guys in yellow."

"Few people know it, and he does everything to hide it. But it's true: Homer J. Simpson is Catholic", the Osservatore Romano newspaper said in an article on Sunday headlined "Homer and Bart are Catholics."

The newspaper cited a study by a Jesuit priest of a 2005 episode of the show called "The Father, the Son and the Holy Guest Star". That study concludes that "The Simpsons" is "among the few TV programs for kids in which Christian faith, religion and questions about God are recurrent themes."

The middle class U.S. family prays before meals, and "in its own way, believes in the beyond," the newspaper quoted the Jesuit study as saying.

It's the second time the animated U.S. TV series, which is broadcast in 90 countries, has been praised by the Vatican.

In December 2009, the Osservatore Romano described the show as "tender and irreverent, scandalous and ironic, boisterous and profound, philosophical and sometimes even theological, nutty synthesis of pop culture and of the lukewarm and nihilistic American middle class."

"The Simpsons", which introduced the catch-phrase "D'oh", is the longest-running prime-time TV series in the United States and is now in its 22nd season.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Homer thinks god rations out sugar packets on a plantation in Hawaii.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:Homer thinks god rations out sugar packets on a plantation in Hawaii.
Didn't he also claim not to believe in "Jebus"?

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:Homer thinks god rations out sugar packets on a plantation in Hawaii.
That was one of the best structured jokes I've ever heard. Wasted in a poor episode.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Silent Majority wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
That was one of the best structured jokes I've ever heard. Wasted in a poor episode.
Agreed.

Actually, that might be the last pure genius moment I ever saw on the Simpsons. Sometimes I forget that joke came from DEEP in their decline.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Wolter wrote:Agreed.

Actually, that might be the last pure genius moment I ever saw on the Simpsons. Sometimes I forget that joke came from DEEP in their decline.
Which episode was that in again?
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Flex wrote:
Wolter wrote:Agreed.

Which episode was that in again?
http://www.snpp.com/episodes/BABF11
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Bankrobber
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Bankrobber »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:I saw the Itchy and Scratchy-land episode yesterday, it was great. 'specially when Homer said "What are you, the narrator?" to Lisa.
Whenever I see John Travolta on tv, I immediately think, "Yeah. Looks like."
Holy shit! Whenever either my brother or I sees/mentions John Travolta we do the exact same thing. (Except we say it to one another.)

The usual goodbye between my brothers and I is "See ya later" (Homer as Jack Nicholson) from Treehouse of Horror VI.
I'm so punk, I don't even take my leather jacket off when it catches fire. Which it does frequently, because of how fucking punk I am.

Flex

Post by Flex »

Oh yeah. Uneven episode, funny bit.

Pex Lives!

Bankrobber
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Bankrobber »

Flex wrote:
Oh yeah. Uneven episode, funny bit.
Yeah, it was the first time I noticed they lost the ability to write a story. Many episodes after (and a few before like "Das Bus") have no ending. They've written themselves into a corner or are too lazy to work it out, so episodes just end abruptly.
I'm so punk, I don't even take my leather jacket off when it catches fire. Which it does frequently, because of how fucking punk I am.

Still216
Hoy Without The Hoy

Post by Still216 »

This site posts the standard deviations of reviewers' Simpsons episode ratings. I can't stop reading it. This is amazing - up there with reading markprindle.com for the first time.
Sit on my lap, I'm sober! - cretin
Dylan can never care about anything, not a troublesome woman, not a beleagured workingman, not a fingerless glove or sleeveless jacket, as much as Andrew WK cares about partying. - Silent Majority

Flex

Post by Flex »

On a side note: I've been saying "I never liked that Dr. Stupid" a lot lately.

Pex Lives!