The Simpsons

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Re: The Simpsons

Post by BitterTom »

Kory wrote:
25 Apr 2019, 1:11pm
BitterTom wrote:
25 Apr 2019, 10:43am
Never fails to make me well up.
That is incredibly creepy, I was thinking about that as I walked to work today. Please stay out of my head.
It often pops up in my head, perfect end to a perfect episode.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

BitterTom wrote:
25 Apr 2019, 4:06pm
Kory wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
That is incredibly creepy, I was thinking about that as I walked to work today. Please stay out of my head.
Here's perhaps the creepiest thing ever, my boss brought it up at our staff meeting the same day.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
26 Apr 2019, 12:32pm
BitterTom wrote:
Kory wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
Here's perhaps the creepiest thing ever, my boss brought it up at our staff meeting the same day.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Apr 2019, 12:51pm
Kory wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
Kory wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
This happens to me with high frequency. I have some kind of TV clairvoyance that doesn't benefit me in any way but makes me think it has some meaning.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
26 Apr 2019, 12:53pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
Kory wrote:

This happens to me with high frequency. I have some kind of TV clairvoyance that doesn't benefit me in any way but makes me think it has some meaning.
Congrats on the superpower. It's a shame it can't make you a superhero or supervillain, just a weirdo.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
Kory wrote:

I have something similar where I will think about a specific episode of a show and then later that day see that same episode come on as a rerun.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

revbob wrote:
27 Apr 2019, 12:39pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
BitterTom wrote:

I have something similar where I will think about a specific episode of a show and then later that day see that same episode come on as a rerun.
That's definitely how mine usually manifests as well. Good to know I'm not the only one here.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Kory wrote:
29 Apr 2019, 12:54pm
revbob wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

That's definitely how mine usually manifests as well. Good to know I'm not the only one here.
Yeah I was never sure what to make of this.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

revbob wrote:
29 Apr 2019, 1:23pm
Kory wrote:
29 Apr 2019, 12:54pm
revbob wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Yeah I was never sure what to make of this.
I just need to figure out a way to make some profit off of it.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Inspired my throwaway reference in the Clash Survivor Final thread, I just re-watched "You Only Move Twice." Albert Brooks slays everything in his path.

edit: And followed it up with the Rodney Dangerfield / Larry Burns episode. Like Norm Macdonald, Dangerfield had the gift of delivery that made funny pretty much everything that came out of his mouth.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 May 2019, 4:35pm
Inspired my throwaway reference in the Clash Survivor Final thread, I just re-watched "You Only Move Twice." Albert Brooks slays everything in his path.

edit: And followed it up with the Rodney Dangerfield / Larry Burns episode. Like Norm Macdonald, Dangerfield had the gift of delivery that made funny pretty much everything that came out of his mouth.
Yup I miss them both.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I've always been amused by Homer thinking Burns' first name is Montel.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
31 May 2019, 4:44pm

I've always been amused by Homer thinking Burns' first name is Montel.
It makes so much sense, given his TV viewing habits. This is what new writers don't get about the show, you have to maybe understand the characters you're writing for.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

This was running around in my head all day yesterday.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
31 May 2019, 6:05pm

This was running around in my head all day yesterday.
This should be a mantra, intoned over and over.