The Simpsons

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 78235
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: The Simpsons

Post by Dr. Medulla » 01 Nov 2018, 9:50am

Endut! Hoch Hech!

matedog
User avatar
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought
Posts: 20705
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: 1995

Re: The Simpsons

Post by matedog » 01 Nov 2018, 9:59am

Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Nov 2018, 9:50am
https://www.sporcle.com/games/g_norm/si ... lick-an-ep

20/20, jerkoids.
Got 20/20, but was certain I got a couple wrong on my guesses.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 78235
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: The Simpsons

Post by Dr. Medulla » 01 Nov 2018, 10:01am

matedog wrote:
01 Nov 2018, 9:59am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Nov 2018, 9:50am
https://www.sporcle.com/games/g_norm/si ... lick-an-ep

20/20, jerkoids.
Got 20/20, but was certain I got a couple wrong on my guesses.
The only one I didn't know the episode title for was the Stonecutters one, so I left that to the end.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 9117
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: The Simpsons

Post by Kory » 01 Nov 2018, 1:03pm

I got 95% only because of a mis-click. I meant to hit the one above it, I promise!

It was actually easier than I was expecting, but maybe we're way too interested in this show.
Inder:
Absolutely. Here's another collection of words:

Table salt (spoon hinge)
Octopus (Ukraine)
St. Petersburg (arms)
Ginger beer (cauliflower)
Pat Sajak (PSak)
Lamp post (self evident)
Florida Timeshare (ditto)
Heraclitus (EMI)
Developers (Developers Developers)
Boogie With Your Children

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 78235
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: The Simpsons

Post by Dr. Medulla » 01 Nov 2018, 1:10pm

Kory wrote:
01 Nov 2018, 1:03pm
I got 95% only because of a mis-click. I meant to hit the one above it, I promise!

It was actually easier than I was expecting, but maybe we're way too interested in this show.
I'd have been boned if anything post-Hartman showed up. I suspect even quiz makers know nothing about the long decline years.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 9117
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: The Simpsons

Post by Kory » 01 Nov 2018, 1:27pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Nov 2018, 1:10pm
Kory wrote:
01 Nov 2018, 1:03pm
I got 95% only because of a mis-click. I meant to hit the one above it, I promise!

It was actually easier than I was expecting, but maybe we're way too interested in this show.
I'd have been boned if anything post-Hartman showed up. I suspect even quiz makers know nothing about the long decline years.
I don't think the writers do, either.
Inder:
Absolutely. Here's another collection of words:

Table salt (spoon hinge)
Octopus (Ukraine)
St. Petersburg (arms)
Ginger beer (cauliflower)
Pat Sajak (PSak)
Lamp post (self evident)
Florida Timeshare (ditto)
Heraclitus (EMI)
Developers (Developers Developers)
Boogie With Your Children

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 78235
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: The Simpsons

Post by Dr. Medulla » 08 Dec 2018, 9:09am

Image
Endut! Hoch Hech!

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 78235
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: The Simpsons

Post by Dr. Medulla » 09 Dec 2018, 7:15pm

Image
Endut! Hoch Hech!

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 78235
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: The Simpsons

Post by Dr. Medulla » 21 Dec 2018, 4:33pm

I just tested Luke to see if he'd watch videos of birds. He was totally obsessed with it, which led to this comment in our home:
Image
Endut! Hoch Hech!

tepista
User avatar
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf
Posts: 33006
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 11:25am
Location: Livin on a fault line, Waiting on the big one

Re: The Simpsons

Post by tepista » 28 Dec 2018, 6:44pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Dec 2018, 4:33pm
I just tested Luke to see if he'd watch videos of birds. He was totally obsessed with it, which led to this comment in our home:
Image
Jeez, my wife says that ALL THE FUCKING TIME!
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

tepista
User avatar
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf
Posts: 33006
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 11:25am
Location: Livin on a fault line, Waiting on the big one

Re: The Simpsons

Post by tepista » 28 Dec 2018, 6:44pm

Image
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 78235
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: The Simpsons

Post by Dr. Medulla » 28 Dec 2018, 7:06pm

tepista wrote:
28 Dec 2018, 6:44pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Dec 2018, 4:33pm
I just tested Luke to see if he'd watch videos of birds. He was totally obsessed with it, which led to this comment in our home:
Image
Jeez, my wife says that ALL THE FUCKING TIME!
The Boss uses this line a lot:
Image
Endut! Hoch Hech!

tepista
User avatar
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf
Posts: 33006
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 11:25am
Location: Livin on a fault line, Waiting on the big one

Re: The Simpsons

Post by tepista » 30 Jan 2019, 2:23pm

Image
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

tepista
User avatar
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf
Posts: 33006
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 11:25am
Location: Livin on a fault line, Waiting on the big one

Re: The Simpsons

Post by tepista » 13 Feb 2019, 6:47pm

Bill Cosby issues statement from prison saying he has 'no remorse' and is a 'political prisoner' like MLK, Gandhi and Mandela

Image
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 26414
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: The Simpsons

Post by Flex » 13 Feb 2019, 7:39pm

tepista wrote:
13 Feb 2019, 6:47pm
Bill Cosby issues statement from prison saying he has 'no remorse' and is a 'political prisoner' like MLK, Gandhi and Mandela

https://frinkiac.com/meme/S06E04/107545 ... GRpYWdyYW0_
as true today, as when it was written
YOU MADE ONE MISTAKE, LENNON, YOU DOUBLE CROSSED MIKE LOVE AND LEFT HIM ALIVE

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 18 guests