It's Always Sunny – Season 6

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Re: It's Always Sunny – Season 6

Post by tepista »

Now that it's in syndication, I set my Tivo and will watch the series. I've seen one episode so far.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:Now that it's in syndication, I set my Tivo and will watch the series. I've seen one episode so far.
Early episodes are a bit hit and miss, but it definitely gets better when Danny DeVito joins the cast. The current season has been the most consistently strong, imo.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:Now that it's in syndication, I set my Tivo and will watch the series. I've seen one episode so far.
Early episodes are a bit hit and miss, but it definitely gets better when Danny DeVito joins the cast. The current season has been the most consistently strong, imo.
I'm gonna do like I did for Seinfeld. Start in the middle and out of sequence and piece it together later.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I'm gonna do like I did for Seinfeld. Start in the middle and out of sequence and piece it together later.
Not a whole lot of sequence to the show. Pre- and post-DeVito are the only real markers. Otherwise, most shows can be watched in any order. For the most part, it's just a bunch of weird shit that happens to shallow fuck-ups.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

modskin
Unknown Immortal

Post by modskin »

Dee: You are not eating a hoagie. You are just jamming meats and cheeses in your mouth.

FranK: I'm making it in my mouth! It tastes better that way!

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

I watched like 6 episodes yesterday, it's easily my "new" fave show. If someone told me there was an episode about transvestites and serial killers I would have jumped on board ages ago.

So I only have a few episodes to choose from, but if I had to pick a favorite, the one where she was dating the retarded rapper had me howling with laughter.

modskin
Unknown Immortal

Post by modskin »

tepista wrote:I watched like 6 episodes yesterday, it's easily my "new" fave show. If someone told me there was an episode about transvestites and serial killers I would have jumped on board ages ago.

So I only have a few episodes to choose from, but if I had to pick a favorite, the one where she was dating the retarded rapper had me howling with laughter.
GOD. SO GOOD.

I been re-watching old seasons lately since we don't have cable. Looking to get to my in-laws early on Thanksgiving cause they got it Tivo-ed on the big screen.

My wife bought this necklace yesterday with a cross on it and I now refer to it as her "Jesus Chain".

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

modskin wrote:Image
Oh fuck me, that episode was brilliant. Off the top of my head, The D.E.N.N.I.S. System and the Gas Crisis episodes also stand out.

modskin
Unknown Immortal

Post by modskin »

Watched "Hundred Dollar Baby" again last night.. Where Dee and Charlie become fighters and get hooked on steroids.

"I'll eat your babies bitch!" is now regularly shouted around our house.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

I'm slowly catching up, seen about 10 more episodes this week. The one where they let high school kids in the bar and end up with prom dates was great, and the one where they buy a cop car and a junkyard cat and Charlie thought he was Serpico was fuckin hilarious.

Since I'm watching out of sequence I have a few questions:

Did Dennis ever sleep with Waitress?

How exactly did Cricket become homeless?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:I'm slowly catching up, seen about 10 more episodes this week. The one where they let high school kids in the bar and end up with prom dates was great
Prime episode.

No and I don't recall one way or another.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Did anyone see the High School Reunion episode yet? I have some questions/comments.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:Did anyone see the High School Reunion episode yet? I have some questions/comments.
I'm going to be watching it in an hour or so.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:Did anyone see the High School Reunion episode yet? I have some questions/comments.
I'm going to be watching it in an hour or so.
OK, no spoil, get back to me.

modskin
Unknown Immortal

Post by modskin »

tepista wrote:I'm slowly catching up, seen about 10 more episodes this week. The one where they let high school kids in the bar and end up with prom dates was great, and the one where they buy a cop car and a junkyard cat and Charlie thought he was Serpico was fuckin hilarious.

Since I'm watching out of sequence I have a few questions:

I think Cricket became homeless after the episode where Dee convinced him that she was in love with him and he left the clergy for her. Of course, she wasn't, and he couldn't go back to being a priest.