Today I learned …

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 5291
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra
Contact:

Re: Today I learned …

Post by revbob » 23 Jan 2017, 11:06pm

Rat Patrol wrote:
23 Jan 2017, 10:13pm
Jackson Browne is for Boomers who've pretty much given up on their prostates, but not given up quite thoroughly enough to stake out an aisle seat nearest to the restrooms at the suburban indoor ampitheater James Taylor is playing at.
in my head they are pretty much the same person.

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 15386
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: Today I learned …

Post by JennyB » 24 Jan 2017, 10:42am

Rat Patrol wrote:
23 Jan 2017, 10:13pm
Jackson Browne is for Boomers who've pretty much given up on their prostates, but not given up quite thoroughly enough to stake out an aisle seat nearest to the restrooms at the suburban indoor ampitheater James Taylor is playing at.
Speaking of James Taylor, I was at Panera yesterday and observed a man blasting "Fire and Rain" while eating in his car. I almost knocked on his window to ask him what the hell happened in his life to lead him to this.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71148
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Today I learned …

Post by Dr. Medulla » 24 Jan 2017, 10:55am

JennyB wrote:
24 Jan 2017, 10:42am
Rat Patrol wrote:
23 Jan 2017, 10:13pm
Jackson Browne is for Boomers who've pretty much given up on their prostates, but not given up quite thoroughly enough to stake out an aisle seat nearest to the restrooms at the suburban indoor ampitheater James Taylor is playing at.
Speaking of James Taylor, I was at Panera yesterday and observed a man blasting "Fire and Rain" while eating in his car. I almost knocked on his window to ask him what the hell happened in his life to lead him to this.
In my mind, I immediately pictured Dave "Gruber" Allen.
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 15386
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: Today I learned …

Post by JennyB » 24 Jan 2017, 10:59am

Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Jan 2017, 10:55am
JennyB wrote:
24 Jan 2017, 10:42am
Rat Patrol wrote:
23 Jan 2017, 10:13pm
Jackson Browne is for Boomers who've pretty much given up on their prostates, but not given up quite thoroughly enough to stake out an aisle seat nearest to the restrooms at the suburban indoor ampitheater James Taylor is playing at.
Speaking of James Taylor, I was at Panera yesterday and observed a man blasting "Fire and Rain" while eating in his car. I almost knocked on his window to ask him what the hell happened in his life to lead him to this.
In my mind, I immediately pictured Dave "Gruber" Allen.
Ha! No, he was a businessman. Not a 7 foot tall hippie.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71148
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Today I learned …

Post by Dr. Medulla » 24 Jan 2017, 11:33am

JennyB wrote:
24 Jan 2017, 10:59am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Jan 2017, 10:55am
JennyB wrote:
24 Jan 2017, 10:42am
Rat Patrol wrote:
23 Jan 2017, 10:13pm
Jackson Browne is for Boomers who've pretty much given up on their prostates, but not given up quite thoroughly enough to stake out an aisle seat nearest to the restrooms at the suburban indoor ampitheater James Taylor is playing at.
Speaking of James Taylor, I was at Panera yesterday and observed a man blasting "Fire and Rain" while eating in his car. I almost knocked on his window to ask him what the hell happened in his life to lead him to this.
In my mind, I immediately pictured Dave "Gruber" Allen.
Ha! No, he was a businessman. Not a 7 foot tall hippie.
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 15386
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: Today I learned …

Post by JennyB » 24 Jan 2017, 11:46am

Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Jan 2017, 11:33am
JennyB wrote:
24 Jan 2017, 10:59am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Jan 2017, 10:55am
JennyB wrote:
24 Jan 2017, 10:42am
Rat Patrol wrote:
23 Jan 2017, 10:13pm
Jackson Browne is for Boomers who've pretty much given up on their prostates, but not given up quite thoroughly enough to stake out an aisle seat nearest to the restrooms at the suburban indoor ampitheater James Taylor is playing at.
Speaking of James Taylor, I was at Panera yesterday and observed a man blasting "Fire and Rain" while eating in his car. I almost knocked on his window to ask him what the hell happened in his life to lead him to this.
In my mind, I immediately pictured Dave "Gruber" Allen.
Ha! No, he was a businessman. Not a 7 foot tall hippie.
:mrgreen:
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71148
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Today I learned …

Post by Dr. Medulla » 28 Jul 2017, 7:00pm

… the guitarist and left fielder from The Outfield died a few years ago. At least he never saw the Bounce commercial that turned their crappy song into an abomination.
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71148
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Today I learned …

Post by Dr. Medulla » 03 Aug 2017, 11:50am

… while there are no original members left, Quiet Riot has existed for over 40 years (and have a new album out tomorrow).
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

matedog
User avatar
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought
Posts: 19918
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: 1995

Re: Today I learned …

Post by matedog » 03 Aug 2017, 12:30pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Aug 2017, 11:50am
… while there are no original members left, Quiet Riot has existed for over 40 years (and have a new album out tomorrow).
And they have an American Idol singer? The gradual decline of American Idol singer success from mildly successful pop singer (Kelly Clarkson) to joining a nostalgia act seems right.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71148
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Today I learned …

Post by Dr. Medulla » 03 Aug 2017, 12:35pm

matedog wrote:
03 Aug 2017, 12:30pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Aug 2017, 11:50am
… while there are no original members left, Quiet Riot has existed for over 40 years (and have a new album out tomorrow).
And they have an American Idol singer? The gradual decline of American Idol singer success from mildly successful pop singer (Kelly Clarkson) to joining a nostalgia act seems right.
As I understand it, yes. Not quite as obvious as what INXS did, but in the same realm.
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

BostonBeaneater
User avatar
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel
Posts: 6854
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:24pm
Location: Between the moon and New York City

Re: Today I learned …

Post by BostonBeaneater » 04 Aug 2017, 1:51am

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Aug 2017, 12:35pm
matedog wrote:
03 Aug 2017, 12:30pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Aug 2017, 11:50am
… while there are no original members left, Quiet Riot has existed for over 40 years (and have a new album out tomorrow).
And they have an American Idol singer? The gradual decline of American Idol singer success from mildly successful pop singer (Kelly Clarkson) to joining a nostalgia act seems right.
As I understand it, yes. Not quite as obvious as what INXS did, but in the same realm.
There is a fantastic documentary out there. I think it's on Netflix. It's newish. Find it. It's a lovely train wreck.
Image

BostonBeaneater
User avatar
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel
Posts: 6854
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:24pm
Location: Between the moon and New York City

Re: Today I learned …

Post by BostonBeaneater » 04 Aug 2017, 1:53am

Image

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 26116
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction
Contact:

Re: Today I learned …

Post by Heston » 04 Aug 2017, 4:05am

101Walterton wrote:
22 Oct 2016, 8:23pm
She was always a shoe in for a third term.
I thought she died the same year Eddie The Eagle flew, back in the 1970's.
Eddie was 1988. You really did lose a decade, didn't you?
Last edited by Heston on 04 Aug 2017, 6:19am, edited 1 time in total.
So what does Marconi playing the mamba mean? "Marconi" is referring to the radio itself. It plays a deadly snake. The snake - the mamba - is slithering from the speakers. Ready to kill greedy corporations. Ready to free the world of all that is evil, and to leave behind only the youthful idealism encompassed by the tenets of rock and roll.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71148
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Today I learned …

Post by Dr. Medulla » 04 Aug 2017, 6:15am

BostonBeaneater wrote:
04 Aug 2017, 1:51am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Aug 2017, 12:35pm
matedog wrote:
03 Aug 2017, 12:30pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Aug 2017, 11:50am
… while there are no original members left, Quiet Riot has existed for over 40 years (and have a new album out tomorrow).
And they have an American Idol singer? The gradual decline of American Idol singer success from mildly successful pop singer (Kelly Clarkson) to joining a nostalgia act seems right.
As I understand it, yes. Not quite as obvious as what INXS did, but in the same realm.
There is a fantastic documentary out there. I think it's on Netflix. It's newish. Find it. It's a lovely train wreck.
Poop. It ain't on Canadian Netflix, so I'll be waiting. But it's right in my morbid curiosity wheelhouse.
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 14822
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: Today I learned …

Post by 101Walterton » 04 Aug 2017, 6:50am

Heston wrote:
04 Aug 2017, 4:05am
101Walterton wrote:
22 Oct 2016, 8:23pm
She was always a shoe in for a third term.
I thought she died the same year Eddie The Eagle flew, back in the 1970's.
Eddie was 1988. You really did lose a decade, didn't you?
😊 I did but that post from last year was tongue in cheek.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests