Today I learned …

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 25913
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: Today I learned …

Post by revbob »

tepista wrote:
06 Oct 2021, 10:24am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Jul 2021, 5:40pm
… Barry "Ballad of the Green Berets" Sadler's life had some unexpected turns and results. Per Wikipedia:
two sons, Thor and Baron.
Trump is like "Fuck, how did I not think of Thor?"
If environment and genes don't make him a complete asshole that name surely will.

Sparky
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 4629
Joined: 01 Dec 2020, 5:31pm
Location: Left Of The Dial

Re: Today I learned …

Post by Sparky »

That apparently you can sell your poop. :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

https://www.ocregister.com/2021/10/12/i ... -for-poop/
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 25913
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: Today I learned …

Post by revbob »

Sparky wrote:
12 Oct 2021, 10:43am
That apparently you can sell your poop. :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

https://www.ocregister.com/2021/10/12/i ... -for-poop/
Damnit now that the cats out of the bag my shit just became a lot cheaper.

Sparky
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 4629
Joined: 01 Dec 2020, 5:31pm
Location: Left Of The Dial

Re: Today I learned …

Post by Sparky »

revbob wrote:
12 Oct 2021, 2:11pm
Sparky wrote:
12 Oct 2021, 10:43am
That apparently you can sell your poop. :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

https://www.ocregister.com/2021/10/12/i ... -for-poop/
Damnit now that the cats out of the bag my shit just became a lot cheaper.
I still can't figure out how the timing works on this, I mean, when I gotta go, I gotta go. No time to hop in my car and drive somewhere.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

gkbill
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 4853
Joined: 23 Jun 2008, 9:21pm

Re: Today I learned …

Post by gkbill »

Sparky wrote:
12 Oct 2021, 2:56pm
revbob wrote:
12 Oct 2021, 2:11pm
Sparky wrote:
12 Oct 2021, 10:43am
That apparently you can sell your poop. :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

https://www.ocregister.com/2021/10/12/i ... -for-poop/
Damnit now that the cats out of the bag my shit just became a lot cheaper.
I still can't figure out how the timing works on this, I mean, when I gotta go, I gotta go. No time to hop in my car and drive somewhere.
Hello,

As long as the lab is next to a Del Taco, no problem!

Sparky
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 4629
Joined: 01 Dec 2020, 5:31pm
Location: Left Of The Dial

Re: Today I learned …

Post by Sparky »

gkbill wrote:
12 Oct 2021, 3:15pm
Sparky wrote:
12 Oct 2021, 2:56pm
revbob wrote:
12 Oct 2021, 2:11pm
Sparky wrote:
12 Oct 2021, 10:43am
That apparently you can sell your poop. :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

https://www.ocregister.com/2021/10/12/i ... -for-poop/
Damnit now that the cats out of the bag my shit just became a lot cheaper.
I still can't figure out how the timing works on this, I mean, when I gotta go, I gotta go. No time to hop in my car and drive somewhere.
Hello,

As long as the lab is next to a Del Taco, no problem!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 116988
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Straight Banana, Idaho

Re: Today I learned …

Post by Dr. Medulla »

… Richard Simmons, when he was a big ol’ lardo, was in Satyricon playing a eunuch.
Image
Everything ends, and Everything matters. - Ron Currie, Jr.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 116988
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Straight Banana, Idaho

Re: Today I learned …

Post by Dr. Medulla »

… Phillip McKeon, Tommy in Alice, died in 2019. (Nancy McKeon is still alive.)

edit: And the actor who played Tommy in Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore (it's on TCM right now) played Ogilvie in The Bad News Bears. I immediately recognized him as Ogilvie.
Everything ends, and Everything matters. - Ron Currie, Jr.

tepista
User avatar
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf
Posts: 37934
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 11:25am
Location: Livin on a fault line, Waiting on the big one

Re: Today I learned …

Post by tepista »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 May 2023, 8:11pm

edit: And the actor who played Tommy in Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore (it's on TCM right now) played Ogilvie in The Bad News Bears. I immediately recognized him as Ogilvie.
I have that in my DVR, saw it once a while ago and thought it was great.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

matedog
User avatar
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought
Posts: 25945
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: 1995

Re: Today I learned …

Post by matedog »

So apparently Pat Smear is straight? I always assumed he was gay even back to his Nirvana days.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 17523
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: Today I learned …

Post by Kory »

matedog wrote:
23 May 2023, 11:40pm
So apparently Pat Smear is straight? I always assumed he was gay even back to his Nirvana days.
He says he's straight.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

matedog
User avatar
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought
Posts: 25945
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: 1995

Re: Today I learned …

Post by matedog »

Kory wrote:
25 May 2023, 1:08pm
matedog wrote:
23 May 2023, 11:40pm
So apparently Pat Smear is straight? I always assumed he was gay even back to his Nirvana days.
He says he's straight.
My theory is that he was gay, but that being in the most bland heteronormative rock band for 25 years straightened him out.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 116988
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Straight Banana, Idaho

Re: Today I learned …

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
25 May 2023, 3:58pm
Kory wrote:
25 May 2023, 1:08pm
matedog wrote:
23 May 2023, 11:40pm
So apparently Pat Smear is straight? I always assumed he was gay even back to his Nirvana days.
He says he's straight.
My theory is that he was gay, but that being in the most bland heteronormative rock band for 25 years straightened him out.
An interesting theory. You can't pray away the gay, you just need a toxic amount of Foo Fighters.
Everything ends, and Everything matters. - Ron Currie, Jr.

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 17523
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: Today I learned …

Post by Kory »

matedog wrote:
25 May 2023, 3:58pm
Kory wrote:
25 May 2023, 1:08pm
matedog wrote:
23 May 2023, 11:40pm
So apparently Pat Smear is straight? I always assumed he was gay even back to his Nirvana days.
He says he's straight.
My theory is that he was gay, but that being in the most bland heteronormative rock band for 25 years straightened him out.
It was certainly taking your life into your own hands to admit you were gay in the 70s/80s LA punk scene back then. It's part of why Darby was so tortured.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 116988
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Straight Banana, Idaho

Re: Today I learned …

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
25 May 2023, 5:13pm
matedog wrote:
25 May 2023, 3:58pm
Kory wrote:
25 May 2023, 1:08pm
matedog wrote:
23 May 2023, 11:40pm
So apparently Pat Smear is straight? I always assumed he was gay even back to his Nirvana days.
He says he's straight.
My theory is that he was gay, but that being in the most bland heteronormative rock band for 25 years straightened him out.
It was certainly taking your life into your own hands to admit you were gay in the 70s/80s LA punk scene back then. It's part of why Darby was so tortured.
Pre-hardcore LA punk was a lot more varied and open. Maybe not fully accepting, but not the militant masculine assholery of hardcore in the 80s.
Everything ends, and Everything matters. - Ron Currie, Jr.

Post Reply