Today I learned …

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
101Walterton
The Best

Re: Today I learned …

Post by 101Walterton » 09 Aug 2017, 6:28am

revbob wrote:
08 Aug 2017, 7:10pm
Marky Dread wrote:
08 Aug 2017, 6:48pm
101Walterton wrote:
08 Aug 2017, 3:00pm
When it's owner dies a cat will eat it (starting with the face) to survive however a dog will starve to death.
...Or simply eat the cat.
Would Your Dog Eat You if You Died? Get the Facts.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... &ampcf=1
I am a more reliable than Google as a source (I hope my cat* isn't reading this).

* I don't have a cat I don't like them.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Today I learned …

Post by Dr. Medulla » 09 Aug 2017, 9:38am

I've been learning a fuck of a lot of late. Why, just this morning, I learned what the hell is happening in the R.E.M. b-side "Voice of Harold":
Dixon recalled to Uncut magazine August 2009 the recording of this song: "Reflection had a stairwell that went from the Control Room down to Studio A. It had a large landing that Mitch and I had set up for Michael to have as his private domain. We were working on the vocal for '7 Chinese Blues,' but Michael just wasn't into it. He was down in his stairwell. I hit the talk-back to let him know I was coming through to make an adjustment… This was just an excuse to take a look at him, see if I could loosen him up a little. While I was in the attic, I'd noticed a stack of old records that had been taken up there to die, local R&B and gospel stuff mostly. I grabbed the one off the top (a gospel record entitled The Joy of Knowing Jesus by the Revelaires) and as I passed Michael on the way to the Control Room, I tossed it down to him. I thought he might be amused. When I fired up the tape a few seconds later, Michael was singing, but not the lyrics to '7 Chinese Blues.' He was singing the liner notes to the LP I'd tossed him. When Michael began to sing these liner notes, he was much louder than he'd been earlier and it took a few seconds for me to realize what was going on and adjust the levels. He made it all the way through the song, working in every word on the back of that album! I rewound the tap, we had a chuckle and proceeded to sing the beautiful one-take vocal of the real words that you hear on Reckoning. He seemed more confident after that day."
http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=4649

Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!