The IMCT Travel/Suggestions Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
101Walterton
The Best

Re: The IMCT Travel/Suggestions Thread

Post by 101Walterton »

JennyB wrote:
12 Oct 2017, 4:18pm
Rat Patrol wrote:
11 Oct 2017, 9:54pm
Actually, it's sorta back this season:

Holy shit, he isn't even going gray yet.
Well, judging from his beard I imagine that there's a bit of help with that regarding the head hair. Nothing wrong with that, I do it myself. He actually looks better now than when he was younger.
Yes but hair is for women and kids.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Alright, I'm leaving for England and France tomorrow if anyone wants to hang out. I'll be in London for 9 days, Canterbury for 3, and Paris for 7.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Spiff
Mostly Nekkid

Post by Spiff »

I went all over SE Europe in late May and early June.

On a motorcycle, of course.

Of the 7 countries I visited, Albania was the highlight:

The attachment Theth-1-Helmet_cam_50%.jpg is no longer available
Attachments
Helmet camera still photo
Helmet camera still photo
Theth-1-Helmet_cam_50%.jpg (270.34 KiB) Viewed 3686 times
Let fury have the hour, anger can be power
D'you know that you can use it?

-- There's no fairytale ending with cocaine.

Spiff
Mostly Nekkid

Post by Spiff »

And:

Albanian Rest Stop
Albanian Rest Stop
Road_to_Theth_20%.jpg (201.8 KiB) Viewed 3686 times

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Spiff wrote:
06 Jul 2018, 6:32pm
I went all over SE Europe in late May and early June.

On a motorcycle, of course.

Of the 7 countries I visited, Albania was the highlight:
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

At first I thought King was talking about Kory, but I don't recall anyone in the US voting for him.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Flight is booked for 2 weeks from today to the left coast for 3 days/nights camping in Yosemite National Park. My college roomie is throwing his 40th b'day/"Hooray! My Ugly Divorce is Final" early-midlife crisis debauchery bash with a dozen other well-wishers, including some friends I haven't seen in eons. With enough booze and drugs in-tow to melt the Sierra Nevada into a puddle of carbonaceous fizz. Hopefully the main road into the park won't be on fire by then...because it totally is right now.

Hmm...1.1 million square miles of wilderness. That's a lot of places to hide a body dump. :shifty:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Rat Patrol wrote:
18 Jul 2018, 7:56am
Flight is booked for 2 weeks from today to the left coast for 3 days/nights camping in Yosemite National Park. My college roomie is throwing his 40th b'day/"Hooray! My Ugly Divorce is Final" early-midlife crisis debauchery bash with a dozen other well-wishers, including some friends I haven't seen in eons. With enough booze and drugs in-tow to melt the Sierra Nevada into a puddle of carbonaceous fizz. Hopefully the main road into the park won't be on fire by then...because it totally is right now.

Hmm...1.1 million square miles of wilderness. That's a lot of places to hide a body dump. :shifty:
All part of the 2018 tour, Ratty Sings DK.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Rat Patrol wrote:

I was going to bring up the fire. Should be settled in two weeks. We were supposed to go up this weekend actually (J9's family has a cabin in a town outside of Yosemite), but no go now.

Have you been before? I love it up there.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

matedog wrote:
18 Jul 2018, 9:44am
Rat Patrol wrote:

I was going to bring up the fire. Should be settled in two weeks. We were supposed to go up this weekend actually (J9's family has a cabin in a town outside of Yosemite), but no go now.

I am doing a similar trip to visit my brides estranged father in Utah. We're flying to Las Vegas, renting a car, and will do a 1,000 loop over the course of the week. We plan to hit the Grand Canyon, the Grand Staircase, Canyon lands, and stop in Moab to see her dad. Can I get a beer out there?

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Whoooeeee, I have a lot of travel on the docket.

Next week: Bar Harbor, Maine for 5 days
October: New Orleans for 5 day
November: Paris for a week
Christmas in San Juan
Nevada and Utah in April.

Any suggestions for eatin are appreciated.

Spiff
Mostly Nekkid

Post by Spiff »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
18 Jul 2018, 11:07am

Christmas in San Juan

The long-suffering Mrs. Spiff and I are planning to be in Paris in November, too. Maybe we'll connect.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
18 Jul 2018, 11:07am

Christmas in San Juan

Is Bar Harbor near Kennebunk? A friend of mine and her wife own this restaurant:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_ ... Maine.html
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
18 Jul 2018, 11:34am
Is Bar Harbor near Kennebunk? A friend of mine and her wife own this restaurant:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_ ... Maine.html
His wife, you mean. Ladies don't marry ladies. Only gentlemen marry ladies.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
18 Jul 2018, 11:02am
matedog wrote:
18 Jul 2018, 9:44am
Rat Patrol wrote:

I am doing a similar trip to visit my brides estranged father in Utah. We're flying to Las Vegas, renting a car, and will do a 1,000 loop over the course of the week. We plan to hit the Grand Canyon, the Grand Staircase, Canyon lands, and stop in Moab to see her dad. Can I get a beer out there?
In Moab? This place exists apparently: http://www.themoabbrewery.com/brews.html Looks like a run of the mill microbrewery that were commonplace in the 90s. I've never been to Moab though.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.