movies

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
tepista
User avatar
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf
Posts: 33476
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 11:25am
Location: Livin on a fault line, Waiting on the big one

Re: movies

Post by tepista » 08 Nov 2018, 7:45pm

eumaas wrote:
08 Nov 2018, 6:55pm
I love House of the Devil. Works just fine for me.
Too much Queen music.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

tepista
User avatar
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf
Posts: 33476
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 11:25am
Location: Livin on a fault line, Waiting on the big one

Re: movies

Post by tepista » 08 Nov 2018, 7:45pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Nov 2018, 8:05am
Image

I recently finished a weird little history on a bootleg production of JCS in the early 70s, so I was inspired to watch this. I don't think I've seen it since I was a kid. I was surprised by how much I liked it (not least of which because I'm not a fan of musicals). That it discards any kind of supernatural aspect about Christ makes it easier for the non-believer, making it, well, more human and relatable.
Too much Queen music.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 81154
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: movies

Post by Dr. Medulla » 08 Nov 2018, 7:48pm

tepista wrote:
08 Nov 2018, 7:45pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Nov 2018, 8:05am
Image

I recently finished a weird little history on a bootleg production of JCS in the early 70s, so I was inspired to watch this. I don't think I've seen it since I was a kid. I was surprised by how much I liked it (not least of which because I'm not a fan of musicals). That it discards any kind of supernatural aspect about Christ makes it easier for the non-believer, making it, well, more human and relatable.
Too much Queen music.
King of the Jews or Prince of Peace, not Queen.
I'm an expert in gold mining lore!

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 8192
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: movies

Post by revbob » 08 Nov 2018, 8:04pm

Kory wrote:
08 Nov 2018, 6:39pm
revbob wrote:
08 Nov 2018, 6:34pm
Mimi wrote:
08 Nov 2018, 8:42am
Bohemian Rhapsody. Just go!
I'm worried there would be too much Queen music :shifty:
How will you know how it ends if you don't see it?
I respect Mercury as a singer (but hate that operatic shit) and Brian May as a guitar player but I really can't stand their music. Granted I've only heard the standard radio hits maybe there's some good deep cuts out there.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 81154
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: movies

Post by Dr. Medulla » 08 Nov 2018, 8:27pm

revbob wrote:
08 Nov 2018, 8:04pm
Kory wrote:
08 Nov 2018, 6:39pm
revbob wrote:
08 Nov 2018, 6:34pm
Mimi wrote:
08 Nov 2018, 8:42am
Bohemian Rhapsody. Just go!
I'm worried there would be too much Queen music :shifty:
How will you know how it ends if you don't see it?
I respect Mercury as a singer (but hate that operatic shit) and Brian May as a guitar player but I really can't stand their music. Granted I've only heard the standard radio hits maybe there's some good deep cuts out there.
Megadittos, Rush. I can appreciate Queen in the abstract, but I don't know if I've ever enjoyed any of their songs.
I'm an expert in gold mining lore!

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 27542
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: movies

Post by Flex » 08 Nov 2018, 8:35pm

eumaas wrote:
08 Nov 2018, 6:55pm
I love House of the Devil. Works just fine for me.
fleumaas
YOU MADE ONE MISTAKE, LENNON, YOU DOUBLE CROSSED MIKE LOVE AND LEFT HIM ALIVE

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

tepista
User avatar
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf
Posts: 33476
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 11:25am
Location: Livin on a fault line, Waiting on the big one

Re: movies

Post by tepista » 08 Nov 2018, 10:14pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Nov 2018, 8:27pm
revbob wrote:
08 Nov 2018, 8:04pm
Kory wrote:
08 Nov 2018, 6:39pm
revbob wrote:
08 Nov 2018, 6:34pm
Mimi wrote:
08 Nov 2018, 8:42am
Bohemian Rhapsody. Just go!
I'm worried there would be too much Queen music :shifty:
How will you know how it ends if you don't see it?
I respect Mercury as a singer (but hate that operatic shit) and Brian May as a guitar player but I really can't stand their music. Granted I've only heard the standard radio hits maybe there's some good deep cuts out there.
Megadittos, Rush. I can appreciate Queen in the abstract, but I don't know if I've ever enjoyed any of their songs.
I'd say they have maybe a half dozen great songs. Not interested in the movie though, unless there's vampires.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Mimi
User avatar
Goddess of the Underworld
Posts: 5567
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:36pm
Location: Down in the pit

Re: movies

Post by Mimi » 08 Nov 2018, 10:18pm

I don't know why, but I thought there'd be a lot more Queen fans on this board. I was wrong.

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 17707
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: movies

Post by JennyB » 09 Nov 2018, 10:40am

Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Nov 2018, 8:27pm
revbob wrote:
08 Nov 2018, 8:04pm
Kory wrote:
08 Nov 2018, 6:39pm
revbob wrote:
08 Nov 2018, 6:34pm
Mimi wrote:
08 Nov 2018, 8:42am
Bohemian Rhapsody. Just go!
I'm worried there would be too much Queen music :shifty:
How will you know how it ends if you don't see it?
I respect Mercury as a singer (but hate that operatic shit) and Brian May as a guitar player but I really can't stand their music. Granted I've only heard the standard radio hits maybe there's some good deep cuts out there.
Megadittos, Rush. I can appreciate Queen in the abstract, but I don't know if I've ever enjoyed any of their songs.
I like Killer Queen and Under Pressure.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 27542
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: movies

Post by Flex » 09 Nov 2018, 10:53am

Queen is good, y'all.
YOU MADE ONE MISTAKE, LENNON, YOU DOUBLE CROSSED MIKE LOVE AND LEFT HIM ALIVE

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

WestwayKid
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 2517
Joined: 20 Sep 2017, 8:22am
Location: Mill-e-wah-que

Re: movies

Post by WestwayKid » 09 Nov 2018, 11:18am

JennyB wrote:
09 Nov 2018, 10:40am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Nov 2018, 8:27pm
revbob wrote:
08 Nov 2018, 8:04pm
Kory wrote:
08 Nov 2018, 6:39pm
revbob wrote:
08 Nov 2018, 6:34pm


I'm worried there would be too much Queen music :shifty:
How will you know how it ends if you don't see it?
I respect Mercury as a singer (but hate that operatic shit) and Brian May as a guitar player but I really can't stand their music. Granted I've only heard the standard radio hits maybe there's some good deep cuts out there.
Megadittos, Rush. I can appreciate Queen in the abstract, but I don't know if I've ever enjoyed any of their songs.
I like Killer Queen and Under Pressure.
Under Pressure is a great song...but of course helped out because it features god himself... ;)

I've always wanted to like Queen - but I've never quite gotten into them. Mercury was a great singer and performer and the band were wonderfully weird - but it's always felt like I needed to make myself be a fan - and that isn't how it's supposed to work.
"If they believed in a place called Kokomo, then so did I." - Michael Edward Love

Mimi
User avatar
Goddess of the Underworld
Posts: 5567
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:36pm
Location: Down in the pit

Re: movies

Post by Mimi » 09 Nov 2018, 11:19am

This song doesn't get enough airtime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JofwEB9g1zg

WestwayKid
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 2517
Joined: 20 Sep 2017, 8:22am
Location: Mill-e-wah-que

Re: movies

Post by WestwayKid » 09 Nov 2018, 11:40am

Mimi wrote:
09 Nov 2018, 11:19am
This song doesn't get enough airtime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JofwEB9g1zg
This is a good one.
"If they believed in a place called Kokomo, then so did I." - Michael Edward Love

WestwayKid
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 2517
Joined: 20 Sep 2017, 8:22am
Location: Mill-e-wah-que

Re: movies

Post by WestwayKid » 09 Nov 2018, 11:41am

This is one of my fave Queen tracks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DB4t9tL2vkA
"If they believed in a place called Kokomo, then so did I." - Michael Edward Love

Mimi
User avatar
Goddess of the Underworld
Posts: 5567
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:36pm
Location: Down in the pit

Re: movies

Post by Mimi » 09 Nov 2018, 11:53am

WestwayKid wrote:
09 Nov 2018, 11:41am
This is one of my fave Queen tracks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DB4t9tL2vkA
One of my favorites off that album.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Heston, tepista and 10 guests