movies

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 5306
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra
Contact:

Re: movies

Post by revbob » 20 Aug 2017, 9:49pm

tepista wrote:
20 Aug 2017, 6:03pm
revbob wrote:
15 Aug 2017, 9:18pm

Yeah I enjoyed the Harry Conick Jr joke they slipped into Preacher last night.
the missing puzzle piece cracked me up
I think I missed that.

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 15393
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: movies

Post by JennyB » 21 Aug 2017, 9:24am

BostonBeaneater wrote:
18 Aug 2017, 10:50pm
tepista wrote:
18 Aug 2017, 10:36pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Aug 2017, 7:21pm
revbob wrote:
18 Aug 2017, 7:14pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Aug 2017, 6:24pm
Tho I've heard about it since I was a kid, I've never seen The Kentucky Fried Movie until now. It isn't funny. At all.
That was one of those midnite movies that was always playing when is was in middle/high school along with the aforementioned Eating Raoul, Blood Sucking Freaks and Rocky Horror
I remember seeing it all the time at the first video rental store my home town got (VHS and Beta selections!). I can see its significance for later movies like Airplane!, with straight-lined comedy and light parody, but it was just lousy on its own. Lotsa boobs but no laughs.
Zucker/Abrams wrote it
That's Zucker/Zucker/Abrams pal. Side note: David Letterman auditioned for the Ted Striker roll.
But he didn't actually want it and was relieved when he didn't get the part. Also, Robert Hays is 70 now and that blows my mind. I had the biggest crush on him when I was a kid.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

tepista
User avatar
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf
Posts: 31911
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 11:25am
Location: Livin on a fault line, Waiting on the big one

Re: movies

Post by tepista » 21 Aug 2017, 11:05am

revbob wrote:
20 Aug 2017, 9:49pm
tepista wrote:
20 Aug 2017, 6:03pm
revbob wrote:
15 Aug 2017, 9:18pm

Yeah I enjoyed the Harry Conick Jr joke they slipped into Preacher last night.
the missing puzzle piece cracked me up
I think I missed that.
When Herr Starr had the date with the governor's daughter she told the lame story about the missing puzzle piece in her life, then at the end when he had his encounter with the male prostitutes, he had his eureka moment: "My missing puzzle piece!"
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

daredevil
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 4540
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 6:35pm
Contact:

Re: movies

Post by daredevil » 21 Aug 2017, 3:21pm

JennyB wrote:
21 Aug 2017, 9:24am
BostonBeaneater wrote:
18 Aug 2017, 10:50pm
tepista wrote:
18 Aug 2017, 10:36pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Aug 2017, 7:21pm
revbob wrote:
18 Aug 2017, 7:14pm


That was one of those midnite movies that was always playing when is was in middle/high school along with the aforementioned Eating Raoul, Blood Sucking Freaks and Rocky Horror
I remember seeing it all the time at the first video rental store my home town got (VHS and Beta selections!). I can see its significance for later movies like Airplane!, with straight-lined comedy and light parody, but it was just lousy on its own. Lotsa boobs but no laughs.
Zucker/Abrams wrote it
That's Zucker/Zucker/Abrams pal. Side note: David Letterman auditioned for the Ted Striker roll.
But he didn't actually want it and was relieved when he didn't get the part. Also, Robert Hays is 70 now and that blows my mind. I had the biggest crush on him when I was a kid.
Some girls I knew back in the 80's liked him too.
There was a local 4 plex cinema that played the same midnight movies for 5 or 6 years- Rock Horror, KFM, Eraserhead and BSF.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71177
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: movies

Post by Dr. Medulla » 31 Aug 2017, 6:16am

Image
Watching this right now, but there's some back story. Twenty years ago, this was on tv and I was watching it for the first and only time. Then news of Diana's car crash interrupted the broadcast. But they never went back, just kept repeating the same shit over and over. And I became inexplicably enraged. Just fucking furious that I wasn't going to see the end of this mediocre movie when there was no actual new information being reported. It became a moment that the missuz and our then housemate and still dear friend talk about (my response is always "I regret nothing"). But I never made an effort to watch the movie again. However, on the 20th anniversary of my missing the end of that goddamned movie, I decided to close that painful circle that Diana's death opened up. Now I, and maybe all the world's brothers and sisters, can heal.
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 5306
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra
Contact:

Re: movies

Post by revbob » 31 Aug 2017, 6:44am

Amen brother.

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 15393
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: movies

Post by JennyB » 31 Aug 2017, 9:24am

Dr. Medulla wrote:
31 Aug 2017, 6:16am
Image
Watching this right now, but there's some back story. Twenty years ago, this was on tv and I was watching it for the first and only time. Then news of Diana's car crash interrupted the broadcast. But they never went back, just kept repeating the same shit over and over. And I became inexplicably enraged. Just fucking furious that I wasn't going to see the end of this mediocre movie when there was no actual new information being reported. It became a moment that the missuz and our then housemate and still dear friend talk about (my response is always "I regret nothing"). But I never made an effort to watch the movie again. However, on the 20th anniversary of my missing the end of that goddamned movie, I decided to close that painful circle that Diana's death opened up. Now I, and maybe all the world's brothers and sisters, can heal.
Thank you for your service.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 25036
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: movies

Post by Flex » 31 Aug 2017, 9:27am

Some heroes don't wear capes imho
"I live inside my own heart, Matt Damon." - Prince

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71177
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: movies

Post by Dr. Medulla » 31 Aug 2017, 9:32am

Flex wrote:
31 Aug 2017, 9:27am
Some heroes don't wear capes imho
Some of us like to look our best when we go to the Olive Garden, prole!

Man, that movie blew. Goodman was a convincing enough Ruth in speech and appearance, but what a wretched script and story. I blame the royal family and thus Heston.
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 5306
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra
Contact:

Re: movies

Post by revbob » 31 Aug 2017, 4:09pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
31 Aug 2017, 9:32am
Flex wrote:
31 Aug 2017, 9:27am
Some heroes don't wear capes imho
Some of us like to look our best when we go to the Olive Garden, prole!

Man, that movie blew. Goodman was a convincing enough Ruth in speech and appearance, but what a wretched script and story. I blame the royal family and thus Heston.
Always safe bets.

Funny thing about Olive Garden. My kid used to work at one and people would travel from far and wide to eat there. And we have quite a few actual good restaurants in the area.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71177
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: movies

Post by Dr. Medulla » 31 Aug 2017, 4:26pm

revbob wrote:
31 Aug 2017, 4:09pm
Funny thing about Olive Garden. My kid used to work at one and people would travel from far and wide to eat there. And we have quite a few actual good restaurants in the area.
There are some people—I know quite a few—who only feel comfortable going to brand restaurants, like those places must have mastered how to properly prepare food or they'd never risk their reputation by serving substandard food, unlike some restaurant you've never heard of. There is a certain logic to that, I guess, but it seems like dining out of fear.
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 35452
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: movies

Post by Marky Dread » 31 Aug 2017, 4:42pm

revbob wrote:
31 Aug 2017, 4:09pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
31 Aug 2017, 9:32am
Flex wrote:
31 Aug 2017, 9:27am
Some heroes don't wear capes imho
Some of us like to look our best when we go to the Olive Garden, prole!

Man, that movie blew. Goodman was a convincing enough Ruth in speech and appearance, but what a wretched script and story. I blame the royal family and thus Heston.
Nah there's no way Heston killed Diana. Hes would've been on a New York groove somewhere that day. As for the inbreds well fuck 'em.
Image
Image

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71177
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: movies

Post by Dr. Medulla » 31 Aug 2017, 4:46pm

Marky Dread wrote:
31 Aug 2017, 4:42pm
Nah there's no way Heston killed Diana. Hes would've been on a New York groove somewhere that day. As for the inbreds well fuck 'em.
I blame Heston for everything distressing about Thatcheralia. He's never adequately compromised my thesis.
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 35452
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: movies

Post by Marky Dread » 31 Aug 2017, 5:02pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
31 Aug 2017, 4:46pm
Marky Dread wrote:
31 Aug 2017, 4:42pm
Nah there's no way Heston killed Diana. Hes would've been on a New York groove somewhere that day. As for the inbreds well fuck 'em.
I blame Heston for everything distressing about Thatcheralia. He's never adequately compromised my thesis.
:lol:
Image
Image

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 5306
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra
Contact:

Re: movies

Post by revbob » 31 Aug 2017, 5:41pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
31 Aug 2017, 4:26pm
revbob wrote:
31 Aug 2017, 4:09pm
Funny thing about Olive Garden. My kid used to work at one and people would travel from far and wide to eat there. And we have quite a few actual good restaurants in the area.
There are some people—I know quite a few—who only feel comfortable going to brand restaurants, like those places must have mastered how to properly prepare food or they'd never risk their reputation by serving substandard food, unlike some restaurant you've never heard of. There is a certain logic to that, I guess, but it seems like dining out of fear.
True of their food as it is prttey much thaw and reheat.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests