movies

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: movies

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
30 Dec 2022, 7:15pm
Assassination Nation (2018) Violent satire about four high school girls and the hatred that engulfs Anytown USA when an anonymous hacker makes much of the population’s private life public. A theatrical flop, I thought it was a blast. From director Sam (son of Barry) Levinson. (HBO)
This sounds appealing. I'll see if Canada's HBO on-demand carries it. Otherwise, I'll pirate it.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Weird: The Al Yankovic Story. Filled with many factual errors and glaring omissions.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
01 Jan 2023, 7:24am
Weird: The Al Yankovic Story. Filled with many factual errors and glaring omissions.
Does it skip his time running weapons to the Sandinistas in the 80s or his secret marriage to Ethel Kennedy?
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Silent Majority wrote:
I fucking loved it.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

tepista wrote:
01 Jan 2023, 5:35pm
Silent Majority wrote:
I fucking loved it.
Yeah a very funny film.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Silent Majority wrote:
01 Jan 2023, 6:26pm
tepista wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
I fucking loved it.
Yeah a very funny film.
When they first announced it, I foolishly thought it was meant to be in earnest. I was baffled by the casting.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Kory wrote:
03 Jan 2023, 5:59pm
Silent Majority wrote:
tepista wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
I fucking loved it.
Yeah a very funny film.
When they first announced it, I foolishly thought it was meant to be in earnest. I was baffled by the casting.
I was 5 or 6 minutes into the watch when i realized. "Hey! That never happened.....oh.....OOOOHHH!"
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

tepista wrote:
03 Jan 2023, 7:36pm
Kory wrote:
03 Jan 2023, 5:59pm
Silent Majority wrote:
tepista wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
I fucking loved it.
Yeah a very funny film.
I was 5 or 6 minutes into the watch when i realized. "Hey! That never happened.....oh.....OOOOHHH!"
I'd like to have this reaction on video.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

tepista wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
I fucking loved it.
It's probably my favorite movie of 2022. The Warhol party scene had me rolling.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

In a dream last night, I was watching Abbott and Costello's Buck Privates, so I'm going to watch that while riding the bike this morning. I know all those A & C movies from being a kid and them being shown Saturday mornings (cartoons went from 6 am to 10 am, then an old movie). In retrospect, it seems weird, given the radical social and cultural shifts of the 60s and 70s, to show comedies from the 40s and 50s to kids, stuff that was so removed from cultural sensibilities. That was stuff for parents and grandparents, not kids on Saturday morning. But we watched it because it was on.

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Jan 2023, 8:50am
In a dream last night, I was watching Abbott and Costello's Buck Privates, so I'm going to watch that while riding the bike this morning. I know all those A & C movies from being a kid and them being shown Saturday mornings (cartoons went from 6 am to 10 am, then an old movie). In retrospect, it seems weird, given the radical social and cultural shifts of the 60s and 70s, to show comedies from the 40s and 50s to kids, stuff that was so removed from cultural sensibilities. That was stuff for parents and grandparents, not kids on Saturday morning. But we watched it because it was on.
Have you ever seen The Times of Their Lives? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Time_of_Their_Lives

I always loved that one.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
07 Jan 2023, 10:20am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Have you ever seen The Times of Their Lives? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Time_of_Their_Lives

I always loved that one.
I'm sure I've seen them all (albeit most 40+ years ago) but the plot of that only vaguely rings a bell.

edit: Having rewatched Buck Privates, I can say that the Andrew Sisters bug me. There's something version antiseptic and artificial about their voices.

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Jan 2023, 11:35am
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I always loved that one.
I'm sure I've seen them all (albeit most 40+ years ago) but the plot of that only vaguely rings a bell.

edit: Having rewatched Buck Privates, I can say that the Andrew Sisters bug me. There's something version antiseptic and artificial about their voices.
The Andrew Sisters were the voice of joy and happiness for the GIs fighting in WWII. Why do you hate freedom so much? :lol:

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Mimi wrote:
07 Jan 2023, 11:41am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Jan 2023, 11:35am
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I always loved that one.

The Andrew Sisters were the voice of joy and happiness for the GIs fighting in WWII. Why do you hate freedom so much? :lol:
He's Canadian and like Bryan Adams fandom its in their Constitution and their DNA.