movies

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Re: movies

Post by Silent Majority »

Marky Dread wrote:
01 Apr 2018, 8:36pm
Silent Majority wrote:
01 Apr 2018, 6:05pm
You've seen the movie! Now buy the pyjamas!

https://www.cafepress.co.uk/+,783637417 ... _OEALw_wcB
They don't come in shit stained flannelette so have no authenticity. I won't be buying those. I'll save up for for the luxury La Santé Prison pyjamas as worn by Carlos the Jackal.
An Irish Republican mate of mine was in Canada recently and went to a bar called Provos, saying he left refusing to eat anything and smeared his shit up the walls.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Apr 2018, 6:10pm
Silent Majority wrote:
01 Apr 2018, 6:09pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Apr 2018, 6:08pm
Silent Majority wrote:
01 Apr 2018, 6:05pm
You've seen the movie! Now buy the pyjamas!

https://www.cafepress.co.uk/+,783637417 ... _OEALw_wcB
That's … that's … gauche?
Damn, I spilt soup all down my new Bobby Sands pyjamas.
That's really gauche to eat in them.
You'll want to buy a size smaller.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Leatherface (2017) The gore was good, that’s about the only positive I have on this garbage prequel. Young Leatherface escapes from a mental facility with a friend, a cute nurse, and a couple of psychos. Yeah, LF wasn’t the psycho…yet. Dull characters, dull story, could barely keep my eyes open. Lily Taylor and Stephen Dorff collected a paycheck.

Mysterious Island of Beautiful Women (1979) Svengoolie showed this Made-For-TV obscurity, I expected it to be unwatchable, and while I couldn’t recommend it, I gotta say I kinda enjoyed it. A small aircraft crash lands on an Island where about 10 broken english speaking hotties have lived since birth, when they had crash landed themselves about 25 years earlier. They hate men, and have a problem with headhunters from a neighboring island! Lots of pretty faces, including Jayne Kennedy. Would have been great if it was a grind house movie!

Psycho Beach Party (2000) Parody of Gidget and 60s beach movies with slasher plot. Lauren Ambrose is a teen trying to crack the boys club by learning to surf while a killer is knocking their friends off one by one. Drag performer Charles Busch, who also wrote the screenplay, plays the police captain. Amy Adams plays the hot chick in one of her first movies, and shows her butt for like one second. Cheesy jokes, I liked them, this won’t be for everyone. My wife and I loved this 15 years ago, we thought we’d try it again!

Jeepers Creepers 3 (2017) Every 23 years Victor Salva gets out of prison and bores people with another crappy Jeepers Creepers sequel. Wait…that’s not it, every 23 years the Creeper feeds for 23 days, or something. I was bored to tears for the entire runtime, and the only remotely interesting thing that happened was how it slotted in to the JC timeline. Skip it, and skip the 4th if there ever is one.

Slaughterhouse (1987) Les Bacon and his dimwitted son, Buddy, are upset that their family pig farming business is going bankrupt, so they take it out on the locals by murdering them. Mildly entertaining, OK gore, no nudity. Beware of real footage of a pig rendering plant over the opening credits.

The Hideous Sun Demon (1959) A scientist is overexposed to radiation and as a result, the sun's rays cause him to transform into a violent, scaly, reptilian humanoid. He does his best to stay out of the sun, but when you pick up a large-breasted blond in a bar and she wants to fall asleep in your arms on a beach, sometimes you just can't say no. After he strands her on the beach, she recruits a handful of tough guys to work him over, but that's the least of his problems. Fun low budget stuff. IMDB has a very low rating for this one, it is undeserved. If you're a fan of Atom-Age SciFi, there's no way you wouldn't enjoy this one.

Malenka aka Fangs of the Living Dead (1969) Anita Ekberg is a fashion model from Rome who inherits a castle from her estranged mother, only to find it inhabited by her uncle, a 150 year old vampire, and a couple of red hot vampire babes. I read that there's a version 15 minutes longer than the 75 minute version I saw, but it's my understanding that no sex and gore were missing. It was tame on both of those (though no shortage of cleavage), which is surprising, since it's an early effort form Amando de Ossorio of Blind Dead fame. I found it very entertaining anyway.

Seven Dead in the Cat's Eye (1973) Entertaining gothic giallo from the director of Cannibal Apocalypse. A woman tries to save her decaying castle from ruin by inviting relatives over in hopes of receiving some charity, but it doesn't take long before the guests begin to get knocked off. There's whispers of a vampire curse on the family, and for some reason, they have a caged gorilla. Not a ton of blood or nudity, but there was some, and it makes up for it in weirdness. As for the title, the house cat was present for every murder.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Yo, tep, have you seen My World Dies Screaming (1958)? I'll be checking it out because it used psychorama, a gimmick of including subliminal messages to heighten the terror (supposedly).
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Apr 2018, 7:59pm
Yo, tep, have you seen My World Dies Screaming (1958)? I'll be checking it out because it used psychorama, a gimmick of including subliminal messages to heighten the terror (supposedly).
My World Dies Screaming aka Terror in the Haunted House (1958) “Filmed in Mind-Altering Psycho-Rama” says the ads. They weren’t kidding, this movie actually had subliminal messages and wasn’t afraid to say so. The first ten minutes or so they were very noticeable, spilt second shots of animated devil or spooky faces every 30 secnds or so, but for most of the film they came much less frequently. At least the ones noticeable to the human eye. One very easy to catch one was the words “Scream Bloody Murder” during an intense scene. The movie? A newlywed bride, fresh out of the asylum is taken for rest and relaxation to a dilapidated old house that he rented in Florida. The same house that she has nightmare about night after night. Could it be her imagination or is someone out to get her. It turned out to be a pretty decent Black&White thriller.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
15 Apr 2018, 9:38pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Apr 2018, 7:59pm
My World Dies Screaming aka Terror in the Haunted House (1958) “Filmed in Mind-Altering Psycho-Rama” says the ads. They weren’t kidding, this movie actually had subliminal messages and wasn’t afraid to say so. The first ten minutes or so they were very noticeable, spilt second shots of animated devil or spooky faces every 30 secnds or so, but for most of the film they came much less frequently. At least the ones noticeable to the human eye. One very easy to catch one was the words “Scream Bloody Murder” during an intense scene. The movie? A newlywed bride, fresh out of the asylum is taken for rest and relaxation to a dilapidated old house that he rented in Florida. The same house that she has nightmare about night after night. Could it be her imagination or is someone out to get her. It turned out to be a pretty decent Black&White thriller.
Cool and thanks!
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

tepista wrote:
02 Apr 2018, 1:21pm
Jeepers Creepers 3 (2017) Every 23 years Victor Salva gets out of prison and bores people with another crappy Jeepers Creepers sequel.
I always enjoy a good Victor Salva joke.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

matedog wrote:
16 Apr 2018, 10:40am
tepista wrote:
02 Apr 2018, 1:21pm
Jeepers Creepers 3 (2017) Every 23 years Victor Salva gets out of prison and bores people with another crappy Jeepers Creepers sequel.
I always enjoy a good Victor Salva joke.
I thought my horror board would like that joke. Nothing but crickets.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

The Devil’s Wedding Night aka Full Moon of the Virgins (1973) A pair of adventure seeking anthropologist brothers travel to Castle Dracula to find the Count’s fabled ring, but soon find themselves under the power of Mrs. Dracula (Rosalba Neri) who is determined to find a body suitable to reincarnate her husband. One of the brothers was warned not to go to the castle because every 50 years, five virgins are sacrificed and tonight was the night. He assured everyone that he had nothing to worry about. Plenty of nudity, and a literal bloodbath, as Rosalba's character was sort of a Countess Bathory type. My kinda movie, co-directed by Joe D'Amato.

Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla aka Godzilla vs the Cosmic Monster (1974) Space aliens who turn into monkeys when you punch them have created a robot Godzilla who easily defeats Anguiris, before having his way with Godzilla too. If only King Caesar, a god who protects a small island, were here to help. King Caesar is a furry lion-like creature on two legs who has floppy ears and shoot lasers with his eyes. When he arrives he and Godzilla are able to take down the big robot with the help of humans with magnets. Caesar wouldn’t appear in another movie until Final Wars in 2004.

Play Dead (1983) Yvonne DeCarlo (Lily Munster) uses black magic to see and act through a Rottweiler that she gives to her niece, then kills everyone around her. Not by biting, by pushing someone in front a moving car, by dropping electronics in a bathtub, but putting Drano in Alka Seltzer. Yes, a dog poured Drano into a glass of Alka Seltzer. I didn’t understand the motive, DeCarlo’s character already owned the family fortune. This was an incoherent mess. Some body double nudity.

Cameron’s Closet (1988) Young Cameron is telekinetic, and for reasons I wasn’t completely clear on, it manifests into a murderous demon that lives in his closet. There were some good FX but the story was a mess. They should have leaned harder on the telekinesis aspect. Armand Mastroianni (He Knows You’re Alone) directs, and I have unintentionally seen three of his films in two months!

Bucktown (1975) Duke Johnson (Fred “the Hammer” Williamson) goes to a small town to take over his dead brother’s bar and to bang Pam Grier, but soon finds himself paying protection fees to cracker-ass cops. He calls in his big city posse (including Carl Weathers) to kill the cracker-ass cops (with no repercussions!) but soon he realizes that his boys are as bad for the town as the cracker-ass cops were! They traded one evil for another. Lots of violence and nudity.

Suburbicon (2017) A Fargoesque murder plot in 1950s middle America is overshadowed by the newsworthy racism going on next door. Disappointingly poor plot from the Cohen Brothers. Something about mega-flops makes me curious. Directed by George Clooney. I think this was my first Matt Damon movie.

The Revenge of Frankenstein (1958) Direct sequel to the previous year’s Hammer hit The Curse of Frankenstein sees the doctor (Peter Cushing) escaping the gallows and back to his old tricks under a new name in a new town. Writer Jimmy Sangster and director Terence Fisher both return, but this is a pretty big step down from the first. No wonder I rewatch the Hammer Draculas way more often than I rewatch the Hammer Frankensteins.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

tepista wrote:
19 Apr 2018, 6:51pm
King Caesar is a furry lion-like creature on two legs who has floppy ears and shoot lasers with his eyes.
extreme same
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Flex wrote:
19 Apr 2018, 6:53pm
tepista wrote:
19 Apr 2018, 6:51pm
King Caesar is a furry lion-like creature on two legs who has floppy ears and shoot lasers with his eyes.
extreme same

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Netflix successfully nagged me into watching A Meaningless and Futile Gesture. A genuinely funny film about the beginnings of the National Lampoon.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Silent Majority wrote:
27 Apr 2018, 1:49am
Netflix successfully nagged me into watching A Meaningless and Futile Gesture. A genuinely funny film about the beginnings of the National Lampoon.
We watched that a couple of months ago. It was fantastic.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Boddington
Junco Partner

Post by Boddington »

Don't know if anyone is a Marvel fan, but Avengers Infinity War was fantastic. Honestly, they executed it better than I expected. Wouldn't recommend it if you're not really invested in the MCU as a lot of the joy, jokes, and heartbreak stem from knowing these characters and their interactions, unless you want to shut your brain off for two and a half hours and just watch muscular folks punch each other. But it's genuinely funny, which I did not expect. Executed very well.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Boddington wrote:
29 Apr 2018, 1:54am
Don't know if anyone is a Marvel fan, but Avengers Infinity War was fantastic. Honestly, they executed it better than I expected. Wouldn't recommend it if you're not really invested in the MCU as a lot of the joy, jokes, and heartbreak stem from knowing these characters and their interactions, unless you want to shut your brain off for two and a half hours and just watch muscular folks punch each other. But it's genuinely funny, which I did not expect. Executed very well.
Not enough Scarlett Johansson.
My son and I were watching on of these movies on TV and he astutely pointed out that her character always does that move where she leaps up and wraps her legs around some dude's head/neck area and takes him down.

And SPOILER ALERT!!!!

WTF killing off ALL the major black characters, yeah I know they are coming back but why those characters, why not Iron Man, Capt America or Thor? Especially since apparently some of those actors are leaving the franchise.