movies

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
hairydot61
Junco Partner

Re: movies

Post by hairydot61 »

The UK might wanna check this, Mark Kermode seems to give a good account of himself when reviewing Films, didn't he used to be in a Rockabilly band?

BBC Four - Mark Kermode's Secret cinema
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0bbn5x8
. "Bikini Reds a state of mind,
I'm in a state and She don't mind"
  • Comforting the Disturbed and
    Disturbing the Comfortable

>>>>The Caped Curator<<<<

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Came home to find the Boss watching Justice League (for some reason). Because he was on-screen when I walked in, I reflexively said, "Jeremy's … Iron." She looked up at me with the weariness of a disappointed parent and said, "Yeah, that never gets old, huh?" Apparently I peaked at some point in the past and didn't realize it. :disshame:
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Jul 2018, 10:04pm
Came home to find the Boss watching Justice League (for some reason). Because he was on-screen when I walked in, I reflexively said, "Jeremy's … Iron." She looked up at me with the weariness of a disappointed parent and said, "Yeah, that never gets old, huh?" Apparently I peaked at some point in the past and didn't realize it. :disshame:
The wife came home with some new hairclippers, some lye, and a yoghurt. I got to drop a "I don't know what you're planning tonight, Homer, but leave me out of it." to a very small laugh.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
15 Jul 2018, 3:25am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
The wife came home with some new hairclippers, some lye, and a yoghurt. I got to drop a "I don't know what you're planning tonight, Homer, but leave me out of it." to a very small laugh.
Someone deserves better. It might be us, :angry:
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

hairydot61 wrote:
13 Jul 2018, 4:22pm
The UK might wanna check this, Mark Kermode seems to give a good account of himself when reviewing Films, didn't he used to be in a Rockabilly band?

Dodge Brothers.

I can't stand him. Him and Paul Morely both pretentious Muppets.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

hairydot61
Junco Partner

Post by hairydot61 »

Marky Dread wrote:
15 Jul 2018, 10:28am
hairydot61 wrote:

Dodge Brothers.

I've heard that from other people about Kermode, I'm gonna try and watch em, get a different perspective on film genres, not a romcom fan which is the first program but the second one dealing with heists should be worth a look, Thunderbolt and Lightfoot being one of my favourites and theres a not too well known film called The Score that Robert De Niro did with Edward Norton and Marlon Brando, had some good plot twists, ..thats definitetly Kermode your thinking of and not Kermit? :rolleyes:
PS those remasters look great, not been home since friday so looking forward to being home tomorrow, thanks

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Jul 2018, 6:29am
Silent Majority wrote:
15 Jul 2018, 3:25am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Someone deserves better. It might be us, :angry:
I’ve grown to appreciate the disapproving glare Ali gives me. It’s like a fine wine.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

hairydot61 wrote:
15 Jul 2018, 11:12am
Marky Dread wrote:
15 Jul 2018, 10:28am
hairydot61 wrote:

Dodge Brothers.

I've heard that from other people about Kermode, I'm gonna try and watch em, get a different perspective on film genres, not a romcom fan which is the first program but the second one dealing with heists should be worth a look, Thunderbolt and Lightfoot being one of my favourites and theres a not too well known film called The Score that Robert De Niro did with Edward Norton and Marlon Brando, had some good plot twists, ..thats definitetly Kermode your thinking of and not Kermit? :rolleyes:
PS those remasters look great, not been home since friday so looking forward to being home tomorrow, thanks
I've got both those movies you mention and both are excellent. Ed Norton pretending to be handicapped was a real good piece of the story.

Kermode or Kermit? Think I'll take a chance with the amphibian.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

(The Score was directed by a Muppet)
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Wolter wrote:
15 Jul 2018, 5:55pm
To be frank I would love to live in Oz.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Marky Dread wrote:
15 Jul 2018, 7:10pm
Wolter wrote:
Apparently Brando was a real piece of shit to Oz in the filming, referring to him as “Miss Piggy” constantly.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Wolter wrote:
15 Jul 2018, 7:56pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Apparently Brando was a real piece of shit to Oz in the filming, referring to him as “Miss Piggy” constantly.
That's Just plain nasty. I love a lot of Brando's early movies but I've read what a piece of work he had become when his girth outweighed his status.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

hairydot61
Junco Partner

Post by hairydot61 »

Marky Dread wrote:
15 Jul 2018, 9:25pm
Wolter wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Wolter wrote:
That's Just plain nasty. I love a lot of Brando's early movies but I've read what a piece of work he had become when his girth outweighed his status.
That is something that suprised me, who the film was directed by, thats something I'd forgotten, you associate Frank Oz with those epic Fantasy films and Kermode & Miss Piggy, Frank Oz really built the tension well in The Score and if anything Brando for me was the weakest character, it was a really satisfying outcome though.

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

hairydot61 wrote:
16 Jul 2018, 5:50am
Marky Dread wrote:
15 Jul 2018, 9:25pm
Wolter wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Wolter wrote:
That is something that suprised me, who the film was directed by, thats something I'd forgotten, you associate Frank Oz with those epic Fantasy films and Kermode & Miss Piggy, Frank Oz really built the tension well in The Score and if anything Brando for me was the weakest character, it was a really satisfying outcome though.
I enjoy that movie quite a bit.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

I enjoyed The Score as well. Saw it quite some time ago and I want to say Brando's role was pretty minor and not very memorable other than his size.