movies

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Re: movies

Post by Heston »

Marky Dread wrote:
21 Jan 2021, 6:33pm
Heston wrote:
21 Jan 2021, 6:32pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Jan 2021, 6:26pm
Heston wrote:
21 Jan 2021, 5:34pm
tepista wrote:
21 Jan 2021, 5:01pm

I haven;t seen any remakes of 39 Steps either.

I like Green Inferno!
If you ever feel the urge, watch the 1978 version with Robert Powell. Flows brilliantly, great scenery and Powell is excellent. Also has British horror veteran David Warner as the baddie. He was one evil looking motherfucker.
David Warner played Jack the Ripper around the same time in Time After Time, a flick I still love lots and lots.
The second video we ever hired after An American Werewolf In London. Loved it.
Malcolm McDowell as H.G. Wells.😎👍
Always loved McDowell since seeing him in "If...", a film that blew me away watching it as a youngster.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
21 Jan 2021, 6:37pm
Marky Dread wrote:
21 Jan 2021, 6:33pm
Heston wrote:
21 Jan 2021, 6:32pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:

If you ever feel the urge, watch the 1978 version with Robert Powell. Flows brilliantly, great scenery and Powell is excellent. Also has British horror veteran David Warner as the baddie. He was one evil looking motherfucker.
David Warner played Jack the Ripper around the same time in Time After Time, a flick I still love lots and lots.
The second video we ever hired after An American Werewolf In London. Loved it.
Malcolm McDowell as H.G. Wells.😎👍
Always loved McDowell since seeing him in "If...", a film that blew me away watching it as a youngster.
Great movie.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

David Warner

The Thirty Nine Steps
Time After Time
Time Bandits

That's a great triology of movies.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
21 Jan 2021, 6:34pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:
tepista wrote:
21 Jan 2021, 5:01pm
Heston wrote:
18 Jan 2021, 3:28am

Kenneth More. I still maintain the 1978 Robert Powell version is the best.
I haven;t seen any remakes of 39 Steps either.

I like Green Inferno!
I assumed he was dead but on checking he is only 79. He looked about 60 in 1978.
Being mean and unattractive tends to age a person.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Marky Dread wrote:
21 Jan 2021, 6:38pm
David Warner

The Thirty Nine Steps
Time After Time
Time Bandits

Watched Time Bandits the other week, it has aged well.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Heston wrote:
21 Jan 2021, 6:59pm
Marky Dread wrote:
David Warner

The Thirty Nine Steps
Time After Time
Time Bandits

Love that movie.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

revbob wrote:
21 Jan 2021, 7:05pm
Heston wrote:
21 Jan 2021, 6:59pm
Marky Dread wrote:
David Warner

The Thirty Nine Steps
Time After Time
Time Bandits

Love that movie.
Same here mate, great fun.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

heck yeah, Time After Time was cool!
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Freaky (2020) Freaky, as in Friday, a serial killer and a teenage girl exchange consciousness, so the girl tries to figure out how to return to her body while the killer tries to get away. Despite being a bit predictable, Vince Vaughn running like a girl made me laugh as hard the 5th time as it did the first. This comedy from the director of Happy Death Day is a winner. Funnier than Death Day, and Rated R!

Sister Street Fighter (1974) A female martial arts champion, also a cop, infiltrated a drug cartel to find her brother, who went missing after going deep undercover. This has the Street Fighter name, even though Sonny Chiba plays a different character, and spawned three more sequels of its own. Very violent, and more nudity than the previous entries.

The Street Fighter’s Last Revenge (1974) Well thank goodness it was the last, Sonny Chiba still kills a lot of people but the violence is a lot less graphic in this one. A three way tussle between yakuza, Sonny, and crooked cops over a cassette tape with a million dollar formula for synthetic heroin is the plot of this one. Sonny calls himself “the street fighter”, something he hadn’t done in the previous movies. Reiko Ike provides the nudity, she starred in a handful of “Pinky” titles herself.

Offerings (1989) 10 years after falling down a well, a brain damaged young man escapes from an asylum and kills his former bullies, leaving their fingers and ears on the doorstep of the girl who he liked when they were children. A couple laughs early on, as the doctor puts his chewing gum an a coma patient’s nose, and when the killer wakes up from his hospital coma, he’s fully dressed in jeans and work boots. Besides that, this low budget Oklahoma indie has a high kill count and not too bad effects!

Blood Theater (1984) A theater multiplex owner tries to re-open a haunted cinema, whose spirits kill employees and patrons every few years. Mary Woronov is the only familiar face (or legs) in this as the boss’ backtalking assistant, but it’s mostly teens with dud jokes, and one hot one who takes her top off. Painfully unfunny comedy, not recommended.

Christmas Blood aka Juleblod (2017) A Santa-dressed killer escapes the asylum and resumes the murders on his naughty list of hundreds of names. The cop after him enlist the help of the retired cop who caught him several years ago, and track him to a home where a houseful of good-looking college girls are having a Christmas reunion. This Norwegian slasher is surprisingly entertaining if you don’t have too high an expectation. Good kill count, and the gore was just fine. With subtitles.

Doom Asylum (1988) Penthouse Pet and Frankenhooker herself, Patty Mullen and a group of teens hand out at an abandoned asylum, where they enter feud with a chick punk band who uses the spot for practice, but soon the whole crew is stalked by a zombie faced lawyer who died (sort of?) on the operating table years earlier. This bad, but oddly entertaining comedy had a small amount of nudity, and is the acting debut of Sex in the City’s Kristin Davis.

Stephen King’s Silver Bullet (1985) An R-Rated children’s werewolf film! Wheelchair-bound Corey Haim and his sister who no one pays attention to, enlist he help of their drunk unlce (Gary Busey) to catch a werewolf that’s been slaughtering the townsfolk. Twin Peaks’ Everett McGill is a priest and “Stepfather” Terry O’Quinn is the sheriff. Lawrence Tiereny is a bar owner. Some nice gore, and pretty good fun overall.

Only Lovers Left Alive (2013) Jim Jarmusch flick about centuries old vampires who live as a reclusive rock star and his wife (Tom Hiddleson, Tilda Swinton) and drink blood from the hospital blood bank. That is until Tilda's wild younger sister comes along to stir up the pot. Not a ton of killing, but this is a very good vampire flick. With John Hurt and Anton Yelchin. 2nd watch for me.

The Pale Door (2020) A gang of train-robbing wild west outlaws find a young woman locked a chest, and return her to the brothel from which she came hoping for a reward. A brothel of witches, who revert to their natural form, which is burn victims who crawl along the ceiling like CGI geckos. I didn’t like the characters, I didn’t like the story, this one didn’t do anything for me.

Castle Freak (2020) A young woman is blinded by her douchey Masshole boyfriend in a drunk driving incident, then inherits an Albanian castle from a mother she didn’t know she had. The castle walls are inhabited by flesh eating creature. It would be easy to not like this remake of Stuart Gordon’s 1995 original with cult faves Barbra Crampton and Jeffrey Combs, and it was well on it’s way to suckdom with its slow start and unlikable characters, but it’s saved by three counts of gratuitous nudity (a lost art these days) and some sick and twisted sex-gore. Then goes off in a different, more Lovecraftian direction than the original. Worth a one-time watch.

Absurd aka Rosso Sangue (1981) Joe D’Amato’s follow up to his gore-classic Anthropohagus features George Eastman again as a cannibal beast, this time instead of a Greek Island, he’s in Anytown, USA, terrorizing kids and a babysitter with a priest on his trail in plot reminiscent of Halloween. Funny bit on how American culture could be slightly mispercieved by an Italian filmmaker: The parents are out at a neighbor’s house for a Super Bowl party, late at night, in suits and evening gowns, and they eat spaghetti. Anyway, if you’re a gorehound you’ll certainly want to scratch this off your list, if not then no.

Francesca (2015) This neo-giallo has a great aesthetic, and some nice kill scenes. The story isn’t all that bad either, this guy really did his homework and the whole thing really gives the 70s vibe he was going for. What was annoying was the 10 minute credit sequence in which the director’s name pops up on the screen over and over and over. We get it, you did the whole thing yourself! Anyway, nice job.

An Easter egg I never noticed in Gremlins, the main family has a smiley face sticker on their refrigerator, that's a call back to Joe Dante's The Howling, remember werewolf Eddie Quist left them as markers so Dee Wallace could find him.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

I also really enjoyed Freaky.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Kong vs. Godzilla looks like so much fun.

I wonder who the secret big bad is going to be — they already had Ghidorah on in King of the Monsters, so unlikely they're going to do the invisible trans-dimensional nemesis thing. Unless...

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Inder wrote:
24 Jan 2021, 3:49pm

I wonder who the secret big bad is going to be — they already had Ghidorah on in King of the Monsters, so unlikely they're going to do the invisible trans-dimensional nemesis thing. Unless...
it's will probably be either Mecha-Ghidorah or Mecha-Godzilla, they hinted it at the end of King of Monsters. I only watched a few seconds of the trailer cuz they give the whole fucking thing away and I'm gonna see it regardless. Then my wife will point out to me that I may as well be Memento when it comes to remembering trailers.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
25 Jan 2021, 9:51pm
Inder wrote:

it's will probably be either Mecha-Ghidorah or Mecha-Godzilla, they hinted it at the end of King of Monsters. I only watched a few seconds of the trailer cuz they give the whole fucking thing away and I'm gonna see it regardless. Then my wife will point out to me that I may as well be Memento when it comes to remembering trailers.
People forget about the terror of Mecha-Streisand.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Jan 2021, 10:10pm
tepista wrote:
25 Jan 2021, 9:51pm
Inder wrote:

People forget about the terror of Mecha-Streisand.
DISINTEGRATION IS THE BEST ALBUM EVER!
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

i coincidentally saw kong skull island and godzilla 2014 the night before godzilla vs kong trailer dropped. skull island fucking ruled, it's absolutely everything i could have hoped for in a kong movie. Godzilla 2014 was pretty alright (great monster action, the human stuff was kinda boring). Gonna watch king of the monsters this week hopefully. i like a movie universe where the premise is that maybe the real monsters are actually giant fucking monsters.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!